Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

carnival gift card checkout not working?

Periodic Contributor

carnival gift card checkout not working?

I added the gift card i wanted, says that it is in stock and when i go to purchase it tells me this page is not working, obviously something is amiss with the system.  is there any feedback on this issue available?

Contributor

I guess it is still down? I've been trying to purchase gift cards for a month now. Customer service is no help. They escalated the issue and someone emailed me to call them but they sent a 12 digit phone number...seems suspicious 🤔.  

Community Concierge

@DeannaD116992 Please reply to the email again to get in touch with the team that's in charge of your escalation. There are multiple escalations that have been opened for you, and they need to speak with you in order to move forward. You can also call the main ombudsman phone # that was provided to you earlier in the email thread.  - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have replied, multiple times a week with no actual response. Just a canned message. They reply with a 12 digit phone number.  How am I to figure out what the actual number is. I've even emailed then back and asked for the correct number and received another canned response. 

0 Kudos

I have been trying to buy Carnival Gift Card for a week. I called customer service today and they said the IT guys would work on it and it would work in an hour.  It is still not working. It is a total SCAM.  How can it not work for weeks and months?  

Contributor

Same here, I’ve been trying all day and it just says something went wrong. I’ve called twice and their checking it out.

0 Kudos

I’m getting the same message… this is the only reason I joined aarp was for the carnival gift cards.. go to checkout and it won’t accept payment 

Community Concierge

@MinaA971030 So sorry to hear about this issue. I see you were able to purchase 6 gift cards on 10/28. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need any further assistance! 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Tried to purchase a Carnival gift card, pop up the below message. Called support, but they can't fix it and can't take order over the phone, told me they would create ticket, but I still have not gotten a ticket email. After reading the message, seems like a scam. this is the only reason we join the membership. no problem when we pay for membership but problem when we buy gift cards......

Something went wrong with your transaction. Please try again or contact AARP Rewards Support at 1-866-451-6305.

Please note, even though there was an error with this transaction, submitting your payment information may result in a temporary hold on your available funds. While funds have not been removed or withdrawn from your account, they may be temporarily unavailable as is standard banking procedure when validating a request to transact. Before retrying this purchase, please be sure you have the available funds.

Community Concierge

Hi Charles. For information on why your payment to AARP Rewards possibly didn't go through, please click on https://aarp.info/38ASdWR If you have any questions, I'm always here to help. - Stephen K.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Followed all of AARP's instructions (name and address match of course) but still cannot have the cards go through. Tried multiple cards, all the same error message. Was told my case would be escalated but have not received any help other than telling me again and again to make sure name and address match. I'm going to be cancelling the membership as I believe this so called "help" is not going anywhere. This has taken me a lot of time to attempt purchasing the gift cards, calling the AARP hotline, and quite frankly this is getting very frustrating. Why can't AARP take order over the phone? Where is AARP getting the gift cards from that they can't help a customer purchase them? Agree with @d655791g this feels deceitful. Reading what so many people went through with this same issue, it's a major red flag. I smell a lawsuit coming.

Community Concierge

Hi Charles. Again, I'm sorry you're having an issue purchasing gift cards. May I please ask the error message you are receiving? - Stephen K. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am torn between it being an all-out SCAM or complete incompetence with their IT/website team. Some people get the gift cards to work, the majority do not.  It could be they only have a limited supply and continue to advertise anyway, which means they are deceitful.  Everything I've attempted in AARP has NOT delivered.  I'm not renewing and I won't recommend it to ANYONE, ever.  Customer service can't help with the issue (or they simply avoid it).  Instead of escalating to a higher level they simply ghost or say there's nothing additional they can do.  Bad business all the way around.  

Contributor

Is check out not working for aarp? I tried with multiple cards and same error for the carnival gift cards 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I got the error message but was charged. 

Community Concierge

Hi Patricia! I'm happy to help. Please send me a private message so that I can assist. In the message please include the error message and your full address. -Sue J

0 Kudos
Contributor

Did you ever get this to work some how? I cannot get the system to check out either and it is so frustrating!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello no I didn’t and had to contact them needless to say I didn’t get my gift cards and the pending charge finally fell off of my credit card. I will not use the system again because it continues to happen. I just went online once my pending charges from this was gone and purchased from carnival cruise like and had the gift cards in less than 4 mins exact. Never again. It may work some and I’m very happy for them, however I was scared I would be paying for gift cards I never got. Best of luck . The hassle isn’t worth it and  that’s why I didn’t try it again as they suggested I go back through stating it was working. No thanks. I got the error message and also so my card was charged. I would click or try to many times check your card. Thankfully, I didn’t and just had the one pending charge.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I've read about too many people having this problem and getting no help from customer service except lip service.  I think it's a giant scam to get cruisers to join AARP.  I know I'm putting the word out there in cruise groups, my travel blog, and significant social media to not to fall for this particular bait.  I'm definitely not renewing my membership.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@KevinJ642288 Hi Kevin, checkout is working properly. Let me know what error message you're receiving and I can look into it!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I have been trying for days but I can’t get AARP to accept my payment. I tried a valid cc and PayPal. I tried multiple browsers on two computers and my phone. I disabled ad blockers and pop up blockers. 

I called AARP on Thursday and Friday for help (today is Sunday); I was told that my name or address on my cc bill isn’t matching what’s on AARP (which isn’t true because I checked) - but how does that explain why my PayPal payment isn’t working? Neither rep was able to help. They escalated my issue and said it may be 5 business days before I get a return call. 

I found threads dating back to 2020 about people having difficulty with purchasing Carnival gift cards. You’d think that AARP would’ve had it figured out by now. And you can’t even make the purchase by phone either - which would be fine if the purchase could be completed on the website.

Regular Contributor

@NicholasS721365 @DianeH713866 

It's about 5pm on 1/25/23. I just tried and my payment with through. I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet (it may take up to 24 hours) but I see the transaction completed in PayPal. I hope it works for you guys.

Regular Contributor

It's been 24 hours and I have not received my GCs. Checked my regular email and my spam folder. I called AARP and was told they have to escalate my case yet again, and I have to allow 3-5 business days - yet again. Today is Thursday. My cruise sets sail on Monday... 3-5 business days will be too late. The rep said she would make a note that I leave Monday, so we will see if I get my gift cards before I sail. I hope I can come back here with good news.

Regular Contributor

I STILL have not gotten my gift cards. It’s been almost 2 weeks. My final cruise payment is due today, never mind not being able to use the GCs on the cruise I just returned from this past weekend. I have over $2500 tied up with AARP and I need that money to pay for the cruise since I apparently can’t get the GCs. There is no guarantee that AARP will refund me if they decide to one day send the cards since they don’t offer refunds, but if I can’t get the cards today it’ll be too late and I won’t need the cards.

I’ve called the ombudsman number multiple times today and instead of giving you the option of waiting to speak with someone, you are asked to leave a VM and then all you can do is pray someone returns your call. 

I cannot believe I am going through all of this with a company as well known and respected as AARP. Highly disappointed!!!!

Community Concierge

@FanceeDubbleU I apologize for the disappointment this has caused. Please respond to the email from our escalations team or call the phone # provided in the email. The escalations team is requesting additional information in order to process your case; they need to speak with you directly. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

It's ok, Ms. Janelle, thanks. I got the email stating I needed to call AARP on Friday while I was on another cruise so I could not respond until today. I already called the ombudsman number provided in the email 4 times today and could not reach anyone. I left a VM this morning. I also called the regular number and was told I had to speak with Lauren at the ombudsman number as there was nothing that could be done on that level. I sent a reply to the email you mentioned as well. I have not heard from anyone and it is almost 5pm. SMH.

Unfortunately, I had to make the final payment for my next cruise today. I purchased gift cards through New Egg and Allstate earlier this afternoon. It took Allstate all of 30 seconds to send the cards I bought from them. It took New Egg a couple hours but the cards were received. The discounts were the same but the service was quick and painless. I will be using them for gift card purchases from now on. No need to renew my AARP membership.

Community Concierge

@NicholasS721365 @DianeH713866 @KellytheBelly The Rewards checkout issue and error code have been reported and our team is looking into it. We recommend checking back later. 

Periodic Contributor

The Carnival gift card purchasing option hasn't been working for days.  I've tried several times for the last week It is still doing the same thing this morning.  I've attempted two payment options and it hasn't accepted either--there is no reason for the error on my end as both options are viable.  There IS a problem on AARPs end.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

At someone else’s suggestion, I used another browser other than Chrome.  It still did not work.  When I called Customer Service last week, I was told to unblock intrusive ads in my Chrome browser (didn’t make sense, but i did it).  It still doesn’t work.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

Clearly almost a year later they are still doing NOTHING to fix this error.  I have been getting it all day.  Called into AARP and they acted like they didn't know what was happening and tried blaming me for maxing out on gift cards this month (I've only purchased 7 premium cards and limit is supposed to be 25) and then they blamed my credit card name and address not matching up (also wrong since it worked a few days ago using the same cc info).  Why has this not been escalated and fixed?!  I was told 3-5 business days and someone would reach out to assist, however, my cruise is on Monday so that is zero help to me now. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP