Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Using paypal to purchase Gift Cards

I tried several times yesterday and again this morning to  purchase Carnival Gift cards through AARP rewards and when I select paypal as my payment option, nothing happens. Is this an ongoing issue? 

Thank you!

Contributor

Just noticed that myself. I appreciated the ease at which, up till recently, allowing gift card purchases using PayPay.

Conversationalist

I just purchased 5 cards using PayPal checkout.The option for PayPal still shows in my cart as an option to pay.Maybe they have added it back.I haven't tried to order for awhile so I can't say if it was ever missing.But as of now its showing as a pay option for me.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I purchased 2 just now and it wasnโ€™t an option for me. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I just noticed that.  Why is it you can use PayPal to renew your AARP membership, but you cannot use PayPal to purchase gift cards?  Doesn't make sense.

Community Concierge

Thank you for reaching out, Wendy. Unfortunately, PayPal is no longer a payment option for AARP Rewards. At this time we accept Apple Pay, MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express credit cards and debit cards to make purchases. We're always here to help!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM 

Hi, I was researching some information for a future post and found your reply to Wendy from back in July.  As of today 9/11/20 -

This information is still listed in the - AARP Rewards Terms and Conditions
Under Section ๐Ÿ˜ง The Rewards Catalog
1. The Rewards Catalog will contain items (โ€œRewardsโ€) that can be purchased using Rewards Points or cash (Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal or credit card are supported)
ยฉ 2020 Merkle Inc. All rights reserved.

If PayPal truly is no longer supported don't you think someone should update the Rewards Terms and Conditions. 

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Contributor

I I WANT PAYPAL BACK

Contributor

I second this motion.

Retired Community Manager

@rednexsrus Paypal was temporarily removed but is now an option for payment again. The only payment option currently unavailable is Google Pay and we will work on updating that in the terms.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Please bring PayPal checkout back! I'm still not seeing it as an option.

Has PayPal been removed again (November 2023)?

Contributor

Yes. I would like to know that, too. I cannot see PayPal. 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP