Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Unable to Redeem, error every time

Every time I try to redeem and get a gift card I get an error on the payment processing.  I have tried different browsers, different devices, different cards and it errors out every single time.  The address is 100% correct and matches.  When it tries to use the Google verification method through chrome browser, I see the $1 auth transaction is successful.  

1000007738.jpg

Kudos
Views
Replies
Periodic Contributor

It's a new day, but the same old error message. Had no problem taking my money for the membership dues! 😡

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@DET951851 I'm terribly sorry to hear about this error! AARP Rewards participants will encounter this message when a billing mismatch is detected. Please verify that the name and address you entered at checkout exactly match your payment card's billing statement. Participants can't make a purchase using someone else's credit or debit card. I updated the format of your name to no longer show in all caps on your membership. This may have been triggering the mismatch. 

Periodic Contributor

I've tried uppercase and lowercase and every combination in between for my name and my address. With and without middle initial. Not sure what other combination I could try. I cannot even fathom capitalization even being a factor in matching. 

I even tried Paypal and that failed!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@DET951851 Thank you for that info! Have you had an opportunity to call the phone # on the error message for assistance? If you are needing further help, please feel free to send me a private message with more info. Steps to send a private message can be found here: How do I send a private message

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

Achieve a top score in our Tournament Tuesday Word Games in May and you could win $100 every 30 days!

Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP