Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Social Butterfly

Top Kudos Disappeared!!

Hello Rewards Warriors,

Is everyone missing the Top Kudos section on the right side of the Earn Activities and Redemption Forums?

It disappeared from the General Forum section months ago, now it's missing for me from these two Forums.

Would someone let me know if you're experiencing the same issue.  This information is used to determine member's status rankings.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Trusted Social Butterfly

Lucy,

SOLUTION: How TAGS Work

1. Tags make your post easier to find
  2. Use the name of Topic for post created as the Tag.
  3. Tag post that you want to bring to other members attention.
  4. When members or non-members search for something similar all posts related will be listed.
  5. Example:  Search Kudos and this post will be listed.
  6. Then you can reply to already created post on that Topic.
  7. No limit on Tags that I've seen.

Hope this helps😊

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Silver Conversationalist

Hi Marylin,

can you provide a link to the practice of using Tags, how and when to use them 

looked in help and used search with no luck

Thanks

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

Use this link:

https://community.aarp.org/t5/About-Our-Community/Community-Ranking-Structure/m-p/2262473?search-act

click on it and it will take you there.  Read all the post from @AARPMichaelP  and members.  There's a lot of information.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq 

Go to the link and ask @AARPMichaelP  to post it.  He did mention Social Butterfly rankings structure, but can't recall where it was posted, it was some time ago.  Hopefully he'll help.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090  I read all that in the first place.  What I'm asking is where is a list of the rankings?  Not the people, but the rankings.   I can see that Andrew, for example, is higher rated than me as he is gold and I am silver conversationalist.   Newbie is newbie.  Other than that, I don't understand the difference in the terms.  I know folks like you who have worked hard for kudos miss seeing the list and I confess that the few times I saw my name, I had a good feeling.  But I hadn't noticed it was gone.

Is there such a list of the order of rankings?  I didn't see it in the linked material from Michael.

Community Concierge

@HokiePoq The following information can be found on the Community ranking article:  https://community.aarp.org/t5/About-Our-Community/Community-Ranking-Structure/m-p/2262473

We have 21 different rankings in our community with 6 of them being passive and the rest engagement oriented. Here is a better picture of what that structure looks like and how you can rank up:

Newbie is a member that has newly registered on AARP and has viewed messages in the community.

Visitor is a member that has progressed in their registration age and starts viewing more messages. They become a Regular Visitor as they consume more posts and login on a regular basis.

Info Seeker (Info Seeker +, and Info Seeker ++) is a member that’s consuming even more content and viewing other people’s posts on a regular basis.

Contributor (Periodic Contributor, Regular Contributor, Trusted Contributor, and Super Contributor) is a member who is starting to engage and become active in the community by replying to messages, and giving kudos. It’s possible a person can escalate from newbie to contributor very quickly.

Conversationalist (Bronze Conversationalist, Silver Conversationalist, and Gold Conversationalist) is a member who is starting conversations, giving kudos and tagging their posts.

Social Butterfly (Regular Social Butterfly, Recognized Social Butterfly, Trusted Social Butterfly, Esteemed Social Butterfly, and Honored Social Butterfly) is a member who is tagging their posts, being recognized by others via kudos, and others are accepting their posts as solutions.

I hope this helps!

Gold Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM   Just what I was looking for!  Thanks so much.

Community Concierge

@HokiePoq You're welcome!

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090 

I am confused.  I've clicked on a bunch of the links and can't find a list of rankings.  I don't know which title is higher than others or what each one means.  I did see the top headers when they wee there.   SInce I'm usually not one of them, it was not noticed when the disappeared.   Where can I look to see what my "ranking" means?  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@BeatleloverKT 

Thanks for posting.  AARP is not getting a lot of push back for deleting the The Top Kudo'ed Posts and Top Kudo'ed Authors from forums.  However, any comments are better than sitting on our hands, even if management doesn't seem to listen.  Management of the Community is stubborn about their changes and just seem to be unable to consider when they are wrong and fix it.

Nothing will change...

AndrewToo
Honored Social Butterfly

After a week of wondering and private

messages sent now I know it’s not just

me. I don’t understand why AARP would just 

take the Kudos down and not poll us or at

least let us know they were doing it. (Did I

miss that?) Also I PM’ed a Moderator 5 days

ago and have yet to receive an answer

Social Butterfly

I already miss the top Kudo'ed Post listing.  I have looked a few times just out of habit and realize that they took that down and I'm not pleased about it.  I used the top Kudo'ed Authors somewhat less but would look into their posts if they produced a lot of interest in that forum that week.  ACE is no replacement for these features and I find the doublethink that the reduction of Community features is actually an improvement to be absolutely laughable.😂

Nothing will change now anyway...

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Trusted Contributor

Top Kudos reminds me of being in elementary school to see who can get the most gold stars.

Silver Conversationalist

For me it's not about who has the most Kudo's (or gold stars) but if an individual has garnered a number of KUDO's then that tells me what they had to say was pretty important to other members. RIGHT !! 

Is not that what this forum is suppose to be about. You don't have to agree with everything said but at least they have gotten us to talking and trying to make improvements.

Just Saying  

lucyp061351
Trusted Social Butterfly

I'm complaining and disappointed that Top Kudos was removed from all Forums in the Community.

We're losing more than we're gaining!  I see this as a lose and not an improvement.  

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

@JoLo49 

Everyone has their own option, and I'm voicing mine.  I don't just blindly accept an answer because someone gives one.  I will do some research!

Maybe you can find the answer to your question by referencing the link on Status Rankings I posted in this thread.  A lot of members status rankings increased.  AARPMicheal has posted information about rankings.

You have your option and others have theirs.  I create post about things I'm concerned about.  All opinions are welcome!

Glad you and couple of others on this Forum are happy about the change, but I'm not.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Silver Conversationalist

You are welcome to voice your opinion.  I didn't blindly accept management's answer to your complaint, but felt that  AARP Teri gave a very valid reason for why the Kudo Section was eliminated.   I don't see any extra added benefit or rewards for being the top kudo earner or having the highest ranking status in the Rewards Program, however, it is nice to get a kudo from other members on the forum when a post is appreciated. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

@JoLo49 

You haven't experienced the numerous issues I've encountered as a paying member since the R4G program. 

AARP has nearly 38 million members, and they're using all of the Forums in the Community. 

When the Ranking Status was changed before we got the Rewards program, thousands of members were posting about the change.  Top Kudos are directly related to Status Ranking, I had top kudos at  time of my change and my Ranking lowered🤔.  Was told that a Valued Social Butterfly was removed from the Rankings.

The Top Kudos section and the Status Rankings may not be important to you but many members have used it for years to their benefit.   It was like a check and balance system for me.

Have a Blessed Day,

Silver Conversationalist

@mi4090 

I've been a paying AARP member for over 20 years, but did not join the R4G program at it's inception.   I was a member of the R4G program for a short time and got some good benefits being in the program.  My status ranking was also lowered when the new Rewards program started, but I didn't consider it a big deal because everyone's ranking was readjusted when the new Rewards program began.  I only see a handful of members complaining about  kudos, so it appears not an important issue for the large majority of members.  If you continue to receive kudos, then your ranking should be reflected to a higher level as you indicated, and everyone on the forum will see your increased ranking.  I'm not interested in seeing accumulated kudos for the top kudo earners on the forum each passing day or passing week in a separate Kudo section.  Kudos are already notated after each member's post with a thumbs up icon.  AARP Teri already replied indicating that a separate Kudo Section is redundant.  I'm curious,  what added benefits come with being the top kudo earner on the forum aside from having a higher ranking status? 

Trusted Social Butterfly

@Jason2020LovesKelly 

No answer yet. Could we have the Top Kudos feature added back to all forums?  This would be a huge improvement Mgmt☺️.

Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

"Come on, Man!" Removing features from the forums is not improvement.  

However, I believe that it will not change.  AARP management is stubborn about changes to the Community or the Rewards program.  They "listen" but they very, very, rarely change something back to the way it was, even with a huge number of complaints.  The limit of 1 redemption per offer on gift cards for points is a prime example.

Just wasting my "breath,"

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

Requesting an explanation from Management on how removing Top Kudos is improving the site.

Conversationalist

Did you get a reponse, yet? lol Pretty sure it will be copy & paste from some desk instruction's rebuttal page. 😉

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] (☉౪ ⊙)
Trusted Social Butterfly

@JoLo49 

You should take a look at this:

https://community.aarp.org/t5/About-Our-Community/Community-Ranking-Structure/m-p/2262473?search-act...

Start watching the Kudos numbers in your profile and you'll see they aren't updating like the Top Kudos section was.

Hopefully, this will help.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Silver Conversationalist

Hi @mi4090,

Thanks for the link about the AARP Ranking Structure.  I haven't paid much attention to the AARP ranking hierarchy in the past as it's not an important factor of why I joined this forum.   I post occasionally and appreciate getting Kudos, however,  I have no interest or care to see which members accumulated the most Kudos each passing week.  AARP Teri indicated that the Top Kudo earners are acknowledged and listed in the Ace Section and is redundant with the Top Kudo Section.  I much prefer a more streamlined site that can be easily navigated with the sharing of information.  All members posting on the forum deserve kudos for taking the time to post information that is helpful and beneficial for others to read.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Andrew thanks for letting me know; hopefully it's a mistake.  

I also like seeing this information.

@AARPTeri could you let us know what's going on?

Have a Blessed Day

@mi4090 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Rewards Warriors,

Is everyone missing the Top Kudos section on the right side of the Earn Activities and Redemption Forums?

It disappeared for the General Forum section months ago, now it's missing for me from the these two Forums.

Would someone let know me know if you're experiencing the same issue.  This information is used to determine member's status rankings.

@AARPTeri  members want to see this information and it's helpful in knowing why statuses are ranked the way they are.  Could you please have this information added back to the forums?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Silver Conversationalist

I never took notice or paid much attention to a Kudos section.  The kudos are already notated with a "thumbs up" when a member's comments is appreciated.  It's not important to me to have a separate section to acknowledge who accumulated the most Kudos.

Every member's profile will have the accumulated number of kudos received along with the number of comments posted.  The information can be easily accessed by clicking on the "blue color" member's profile link at the beginning of each comment.

I like the sharing of information on this forum and appreciate all members who take the time to post a comment.  So,  Kudos to everyone who has taken the time to post on the AARP forums!  Your comments and posts are much appreciated, especially to those who have posted the "points only" offerings!

Social Butterfly

The totals for Kudos are certainly missing for me too.

I appreciate getting Kudos and I like to see the Kudo Leaders. I look up those who are getting a lot of Kudo attention that leads me to important Rewards information and commentary.

Thanks @mi4090 

AndrewToo
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP