Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

The AARP “Rewards” program is unfortunately….hardly rewarding anymore!

Silver Conversationalist

The AARP “Rewards” program is unfortunately….hardly rewarding anymore!

Hey y’all. AARP will always be a worthwhile & important organization!

That said…the “Rewards” part for this year ….is unfortunately….hardly rewarding anymore! This is not a startling revelation….Regular contributors have been mentioning aspects of this decline in value in many different ways for a long time.  A typical example is what’s available today “for points only” Besides e few $5 eGift Cards…that aren’t already SOLD OUT!....There’s about 14 sweeps….which could be considered rewards…if you win! And there’s about 7 instant “Sorry you did not win today😄 wins!

However….There’s approximately 20 ecards & a few coloring sheets …which can be found easily online for free. Therefore they are not “rewards” ☹️ (nor are 10-20 % discounts)…or that Tra-La-La Trelaware! 😆 Hah!

Unless there’s a major overhaul of this once valuable program….I’m not going to bother paying money to renew!

‘Nuff said! Take care ~Allen

TOO MANY ecards ebooks & coloring sheetsTOO MANY ecards ebooks & coloring sheets

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. I've been saying the same thing for quite awhile now. I'm glad others are also noticing and speaking up about what's happening with the Rewards Program where a lot of the same people are winning Sweepstakes month after month. I don't know if any of you ever use to belong to VipVoice. They had great prizes and after a while before they shut down, I noticed that some of the same people were winning all the time and you can believe me or not but some of the names on AARP Rewards winners list are also on the VipVoice winners list. I'm just saying

Concerned Member
Bronze Conversationalist

Are people using multiple accounts to gain more entries?

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

The Sweepstakes is a waste of points. Even if you do win (unlikely) the prize value isn't what it once was. I remember before, winning sweepstakes was worth $500 or more... Now I see a lot of $100 e gift cards.

LOL.

In the past you can get $50-75 easily every month from redeeming points.

Regular Contributor

Yearning for yesterday when sweeps had great prizes and I even won once in a blue moon. Now I feel like a cat chasing its tail.  

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AristotleOfGreece 

This administrator misrepresents the $ value on most of the Sweepstakes Items listed OR at least they are stating the manufacturers retail price 🤔 🤔 

You can find the same product very easily for 30 to 50% cheaper. I bet the full retail $ value is what they will report on that 1099 😫

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Regular Contributor

very true. Most of my magazine subscriptions I can get for $10-$12. 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

They will report the price they have stated it is worth to the IRS. That is exactly why I don't enter sweepstakes that are for products.  The value of the item is inflated.  Then you are supposed to pay taxes on the inflated value.  Ending result, you pay nearly as much if you went out and found it on a sale and it may not be something you would have bought anyway.  Just a waste of time.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I’m inclined to agree with you. I’ve been a member since 2008. I’m up for renewal next month but haven’t yet.  It’s been years since I’ve won anything yet I can’t help but notice several  months there has been 1-2 people who win 2 or more giveaways and the majority of winners seem to be from a handful of repeated states. I won’t waste my time anymore. The Bots win.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

Hi @terrypearson 😊 Thank you kindly for your response. I’m also inclined to agree with you too.  I wrote something on 12/14/21 along the lines of what you said about who’s winning:

“What are the odds that someone could win any monthly contest here, let alone TWICE in the SAME month” https://community.aarp.org/t5/Redemption/What-are-the-odds-that-someone-could-win-any-monthly-contes...

Take care ~Allen

Regular Contributor

The program has become extremely disappointing, so much so I’ve stopped wasting my time earning points 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP