Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

Target gift cards---"Please enter a valid gift card"

Regular Contributor

Target gift cards---"Please enter a valid gift card"

I tried to add Target/AARP gift cards on Target's web site to my gift cards. Some entered successfully, but on three I got the reply, "Please enter a valid gift card" and on the fourth, I got, "This card is empty".

Has anyone else had this problem adding Target/AARP gift cards on Target.com?

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

After two users said there was a problem with their new cards with zero balance, I went to my 5 target cards that run from April to Oct and checked my balance on Target website - 4 cards were loaded properly; one was 'empty'

One possible error you got with your card saying --> enter valid number - is entering the right sequence of numbers - yeah, I did this myself.

Target had changed the format of the card numbers.

There are 3 sets of numbers:

Earlier set of cards - had:

1st line - gift card number <----- use this

2nd line- access number   <----  use this

3rd line - event number    xxx - no

-------------------------------------------------

Newer cards - changed order format:

first line - is correct number/ code

second line - Event # = is wrong to number to enter

third line - Access # = is the valid code

so, I did make that mistake, too. 🙄

🤔  

-----------------------------------------------

Update  12-8-22 ---  AARP  just sent me an email to satisfy/ resolve this issue - I got a new $5.00 Target e-Gift Card

"In October, you redeemed a Target promo code, however we've become aware that some users may have had issues accessing their code.

Please use the button below to redeem your promo code. Enjoy!"

😎 Nice work , AARP   - Update 2-2-2023  finally added all my e-cards to my main Target account and the replacement card was valid - a OK 👍

Kudos
Views
Super Contributor

@dragon53 Not lately, haven't been Lucky enough to pick up any Target gift cards. All of mine in the past have loaded to my Target account just fine. That makes me a little nervous. 🙄

Strange, but it seems there is a rash of empty gift cards being sent out by HelloWorld that have have a zero balance Hummm   🤔 🤔

Are we going to have to check the balance on all AARP gift cards we get now ??  😖

Not Good, more problems !!!!!

Conversationalist

I have always checked my balance on every card I get from AARP.  I had a card with a zero balance one in the previous program.  Ever since the I check.  Things have been pretty good until this last week.  My husband had a zero blance Targt card and I have a zero Macy's card.  For me I will always check my card when I first get it and many times shortly before I use it.

Super Contributor

@shamit 

That’s something I will start doing going forward.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the replies.

I waited a few days and tried to enter my AARP/Target gift cards on Target's website again---and got the same results as before.

Target.com accepted three gift cards and did not accept four. The latest rejected gift card was from November 22, 2022.

I got an AARP/Amazon gift card yesterday and it redeemed on Amazon.com with no problem.

I thought others might have the same problem with their AARP/Target gift cards.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@dragon53 There was an issue with the Target gift cards redeemed last week. The gift cards had a zero balance and we sent an updated email with new gift card info on 11/22. Please be sure to check your emails to determine that you received that replacement email with valid balance. Let me know if there's anything I can do, I'm here to help!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Janelle,

My son received a Target gift card for Christmas and went to use it yesterday unsuccessfully. I tried to plug it in online and it said it was invalid. I do not have the activation receipt because it was a gift. He is really bummed. Would the store exchange it or what can I do?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ElizabethS155840 Hi Elizabeth, thank you for reaching out to AARP! It doesn't look like you've made any gift card purchases on the Rewards site using your email address. If the gift card was purchased using the AARP Rewards site, please give our Rewards team a call for further assistance: 1-866-451-6305 If it was not purchased through AARP Rewards, please reach out to Target for further assistance. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@ElizabethS155840 

ok, first thing

Did the card come from AARP ?? if not, no help here 😫

second, contact the person who sent the gift card to your son and ask them to forward the redemption email to you. 

once you get that, check the redemption link out again and if you still get an error contact AARP Rewards JanelleM here in this forum. 

Without that confirmation email you are out of luck, unless the person who sent you the gift card will have it resent to them and then on to you

Good Luck 

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

JanelleM:

Thanks for replying.

Here are my Target gift card dates and Target's reply when I tried to add them to my account.

1. November 22, 2022 (corrected gift card?)---"Please enter a valid gift card" (earlier, it said "Some users may have had issues").

2. November 21, 2022---"Please enter a valid gift card" (earlier, it said "This card is empty").

3. October 5, 2022---"Please enter a valid gift card".

4. July 1, 2022---"Please enter a valid gift card".

5. June 1, 2022---"Please enter a valid gift card".

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@dragon53 Got it! I sent you a private message here on the Community site so we can get to the bottom of this. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP