Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

TOTAL SAVINGS INACCURATE - KEEPS INCREASING DAILY IN ERROR

Silver Conversationalist

TOTAL SAVINGS INACCURATE - KEEPS INCREASING DAILY IN ERROR

For the past 2 consecutive days, my total savings has been going up by $10 in error and has increased by $20 so far.  I have not won an instant win or purchased gift cards this past week to make the savings increase. 

A year ago  in November 2021, the same error occurred, and $30 was added to my Total Savings in error that was never corrected.

Adding last year's error and this year's error, my Total Savings is now $50 in error.

I reached out to @AARPTeri last year in 2021, and she was looking into the error, however my Total Savings was never corrected.   I hope TECH SUPPORT will correct the error this year.

Update:  On Nov. 2, 2022, my Total Savings on the Dashboard increased another $30 in error.  My Total Savings is now $80 in error to include the 2021 errors ($30), and the recent errors from this past week ($50), so far. 

Silver Conversationalist

WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING?????

MY TOTAL SAVINGS WENT UP ANOTHER $30 TODAY !   FOR THE PAST SEVERAL DAYS TOTAL SAVINGS WAS INCREASING BY $10 FOR THE PAST 2 DAYS, AND TODAY IT WENT UP ANOTHER $30.  THE TOTAL ERROR FOR THIS WEEK IS $50.00 (SO FAR)!  I WOULDN'T MIND IF AARP WOULD SEND ME A $50 VISA GIFT CARD FOR THE ADDED SAVINGS THEY SAY I HAVE.

IN NOVEMBER 2021, THE TOTAL SAVINGS WAS DUPLICATED BY $30, SO NOW THE ERROR HAS COMPOUNDED EVEN MORE.

MY TOTAL SAVINGS IS NOW IN ERROR BY $80 WHEN COMBINED WITH THE 2021 ERRORS.

MAYBE THIS IS A WAY FOR AARP TO GET TAX BREAKS BY DUPLICATING OUR SAVINGS BY ACCOUNTING FRAUD.

Honored Social Butterfly

And the possible fraud by creating video errors for months, thus their members have to watch their videos over and over again, never actually correcting the 'sorry no points,' to date. It's transparent and a typical business tactic for them to gain on their end-- I think it seems rather desperate, but transparent nonetheless... much like the same people winning IWs and sweepstakes. 😉 

Community Concierge

@JoLo49 @SatineKNS @Army49 

Thanks for letting us know about this glitch. Does your account still reflect the incorrect Total Savings amount?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

@AARPJanelleM 

My Total Savings still reflects the $20 error,  in addition to the error made in Nov.  2021.  I hope you can investigate and follow through to have tech support correct the error. 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM   My Total Savings still reflects the error.  In 2021, $30 was added in error and never corrected.  @AARPTeri was investigating in 2021 when several of us reported the error, but dropped the ball, and the error was never corrected.  Now in 2022, $20 was added in error, and my Total Savings is $50 in error which includes the error from 2021 and this new 2022 error.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JoLo49 @Army49 @SatineKNS I appreciate you all for flagging this! Our team is looking into the incorrect Total Savings amount. The reported increase of $10 may be due to redeeming points for the $10 Macy's Instant Win launched on 10/28/22, as the 'lost' play is being incorrectly reported and added to the Total Savings amount. Since you can play Instant Wins daily, you may see the value of your savings increase by $10 each day. We are working to correct this particular issue and review all Instant Win offers to ensure only an actual 'win' will update the Total Savings. Your total savings will be updated once our team resolves the error. I'm always here to help!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

My Total Savings amount has also been mysteriously escalating. I don't keep close track of the unexplained increase over time, but I would estimate that my total has been inflated by at least $50 over the past couple weeks.

Silver Conversationalist

@garyfish49 

Thanks for posting.  I presume not many members are keeping track of their savings as there would be more complaints.  Hopefully, this recent issue will be fixed because the same type of error happened last year in 2021 and was never corrected.  I've been keeping track, and so far my savings has been inflated by $80.

Silver Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM 

On 11/2/2022, my Total Savings jumped an additional $30 for an error total of $50 this past week.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

May I ask, what phone number did you use to contact AARP about this issue to be corrected?

I would like to contact them as well to have it corrected-or at least report it as an issue, even if they cannot or do not actually fix the numbers.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@SatineKNS   Last year I contacted @AARPTeri, AARP administrator, by private message, and she was looking into the situation.  She dropped the ball,  and the errors were never corrected. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My total saving went up by $10 as well, but I have won, in total, one single $10 gift card and never purchased any gift card, ever- my Total Savings tabulation says $25. How is this Total Savings calculated? Does anyone know? Maybe sweepstakes or instant win entries have a cash value? If so, how? Because it says no purchase is necessary and entries are not listed as being of any value unless you win.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

My Total Savings has also been duplicated this week by $20.  I also had the error last year November 2021 and it was never corrected.   This seems to be a compounded error around this time of year. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP