Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Silver Conversationalist

TOPGOLF GIFT CARD MALFUNCTION

Hi Terri: Pardon for this lengthy post:
I hope you can help me with this problem: On 2/27/20 I attempted to purchase a $50 TopGolf eGift Card for 120,000 points.
Within an hour or so I discovered I had been charged 360,000 points for (3) Gift Cards.( I thought we were limited to only (1) Gift Card per retailer per month.)
I received an Order Confirmation email confirming my purchase @ 10:42am CT.
I called AARP Rewards Customer Service immediately and talked to Matthew on 2/27/20. He noted my problem and concerns and told me someone would contact me in about 3 days.
On 2/28/20 @ 7:04am I received an email from Lauren from Consumer Care. She said:
"Dear Mr. Davis,
Thank you for contacting AARP We have escalated your issue to the Rewards technical team and they are looking into it. We should have a resolution for you within the next couple of days.
Thank you for your patience as we resolve this matter.
Sincerely, Lauren Consumer Care" - She also included a Reference ID: 132543302

I began to get concerned by 3/5/20 so I called AARP Rewards again @10:25am and was greeted by Terry. He listened to my problem and looked up all the information to confirm what I was telling him. He asked how many confirmation emails I got and I told him just the one. He said the only thing he could do was escalate the complaint again. He issued another Case # 126623801
I have not tried to redeem the card or read the instructions until this is resolved.
I have just received another reply from Lauren (email from member@aarp.org) noReply mail box
This is what she says
"Dear Mr. Davis,
Thank you for contacting AARP. Unfortunately, there are no refunds for items already purchased. According to the Terms and Conditions of Rewards, we cannot grant refunds towards any purchase.
Thank you for your continued support.
Sincerely, Lauren Consumer Care"

What about the (1) supplier per month rule ??? This transaction should not have even gone through.This transaction was an error on AARP Rewards part, pure and simple.
She says no refund on any purchase. I was charged for a purchase I did not receive
Its really frustrating to receive these emails from AARP org., AARP Rewards and HelloWorld that are noReply mail boxes. It makes it very difficult at best to try and contact the sender and reach a solution. I sincerely hope you can try to resolve this matter and have Rewards reinstate my 240,000 rewards points.
Thank You 

LucyP

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @rednexsrus 

Lucy, I thought about that deal since it's about to be spring time, thanks for posting the information.

Definitely a glitch, with you only receiving (1) email and three times the points being deducted.  If I'm not mistaken, you can use your monthly limit of (3) on one retailer or split it between different retailers.  If I'm fortunate enough to catch Panera Bread, I get (2) and save my last one for later.

Hopefully, you can get points back soon.  Keep us updated.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@mi4090 

Hi Marylin: Good luck if you try for the Topgolf gift card. Looks like @tesuga is having the same problem as me. Kudos a bunch to @AARPLaurenA  and @AARPTeri for their help getting my points restored.

On another note, You are right concerning the 3 purchase rule per supplier/retailer.

I looked up @AARPCaroline's reply to @a170938b from 2/13/20. She wrote

"The one gift card per month, per merchant rule specifically applies to gift cards for purchase only (not for points-only).

I see the snafu you encountered with the $5 Target card. Is this going to be the new norm ? Glitches, errors, and technical difficulties every day !! Geeze

To add salt to the wound you lost the chance to purchase the Target card.

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @rednexsrus 

Lucy, I will definitely wait until the issue is fixed and if it's like the Transaction History fix that card will be removed from the catalog first.

I don't see any purchase only deals that I would spend a cent on for such a small discount. 

That $5 Target points only Daily Deal for 6,500 points is something new to add to the fire, who knows when this may happen?  Everything seems to be going on the blink the longer the program goes on.

@tesuga  hopefully you will get your points back for the (1) gift card that was worth double points .

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Marilyn, AARPTeri, & AARPLaurenA,

Marilyn,

You likely made the correct call in waiting for the issue with the Topgolf card to be fixed.

I noticed that the Topgolf card offer was in fact removed from the site soon after our last posts... and I havent' seen any follow-up reply posts from any Rewards Admin about the issue yet.

In fact, I had to go back into my account and posts to find our previous posts on this topic in order to provide a follow-up (or non-follow-up) post to my situation.

As I mentioned earlier, I only submitted 1 request for a Topgolf card, but after 1 day it showed that 240,000 points were taken.  It took 2 days for me to view my Transactions (though that is still hit & miss), and my account showed 2 Transactions for Topgolf cards.  I then noticed 2 AARP Rewards emails with links for 2 cards.

I'm curious as to how many people had similar issues.

I did not call Customer Service as (when these type of situations have occurred in the past) I've always been told that cards were not refundable, and my points could not be returned.

However, it appears that AARPTeri or AARPLaurenA were able to get points restored for some people.

As you mentioned, this 'new' program is still experiencing some significant growing pains.

Although frustrating at times, I still benefit from the program, but would definitely like to see these

recurring issues addressed & fixed.

Kind regards,

T

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@rednexsrus We are looking into this with our Vendor now.  Looks like there was a technical issue on our end.  We have refunded you the 240k points. Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi AARPLaurenA,

I just noticed that your online indicator was showing you as 'online' right now, so I thought I'd cut & paste my last post as a Reply to one of your posts about the Topgolf Gift Card issues to see if I get a Reply from you.

I had to run a search for the thread of recent Topgolf Card posts as I no longer saw it on the main topics pages.

My last (2nd) post about the Topgolf Card issue is below:

Hi Marilyn, AARPTeri, & AARPLaurenA,

Marilyn,

You likely made the correct call in waiting for the issue with the Topgolf card to be fixed.

I noticed that the Topgolf card offer was in fact removed from the site soon after our last posts... and I havent' seen any follow-up reply posts from any Rewards Admin about the issue yet.

In fact, I had to go back into my account and posts to find our previous posts on this topic in order to provide a follow-up (or non-follow-up) post to my situation.

As I mentioned earlier, I only submitted 1 request for a Topgolf card, but after 1 day it showed that 240,000 points were taken.  It took 2 days for me to view my Transactions (though that is still hit & miss), and my account showed 2 Transactions for Topgolf cards.  I then noticed 2 AARP Rewards emails with links for 2 cards.

I'm curious as to how many people had similar issues.

I did not call Customer Service as (when these type of situations have occurred in the past) I've always been told that cards were not refundable, and my points could not be returned.

However, it appears that AARPTeri or AARPLaurenA were able to get points restored for some people.

As you mentioned, this 'new' program is still experiencing some significant growing pains.

Although frustrating at times, I still benefit from the program, but would definitely like to see these

recurring issues addressed & fixed.

Kind regards,

T

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@tesuga

We did have a technical issue with the Top Golf Redemptions and are working on a fix.  We have refunded those points back to users that had difficulty.  Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi AARPLaurenA,

Thank you for replying and acknowledging that they 'was' an issue with the Topgolf Gift Card, and AARP is working on a fix.

You also stated that points had been refunded to those that had difficulty.

Should I assume then that, although I had an issue by only ordering 1 Gift Card, but somehow ending up with 2 Gift Cards (and honestly acknowledging that), with 240,000 pts being taken out of my account,  there is no assistance or points refund available in my case?

Customer Service says that some gift cards are not refundable, even when AARP Rewards has issues.

Regards,

T

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@tesuga- can you email consumercare@aarp.org and let us know if you have received your points back? Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi @AARPLaurenA,

Just an FYI.

I sent an email to consumercare@aarp.org on Monday... but no reply yet.

No points back.

T

@tesuga

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@tesuga - We've added the points back to your account and sent an email.  Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

@AARPLaurenA,

Thank YOU for following up with this.

Much appreciated!

Take care,

T

@tesuga

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hello AARPLaurenA,

Please let me/us know the update on "We are looking into this with our Vendor now.  Looks like there was a technical issue on our end."

I ordered a $50 Topgolf Gift Card yesterday for the 120,000 pts.

When I got to the 'Just making sure...' I want to Confirm the order, I DID hit the red 'Confirm' button.

Immediately after, I got another 'Just making sure...' window.   I DID NOT hit the red 'Confirm' button that time (after having a similar issue with an Uber card order a few months ago).

I ended up closing that window as I thought I should have received a transaction confirmation acknowledgement window, and didn't think the 2nd 'Just making sure...' should have popped up again.

I was unable to view my Points or Transactions last night.

This morning, I can view my points, but not my Transactions.

It appears now that 240,000 points were taken from my account.

T

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AARPLaurenA 

Thank you so very much for your assistance.

Have a nice day

lucyp061351

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP