Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Redeeming Rewards for Points

Hello,

Can someone tell me how to get to AARP's Reward section so that I can redeem points for sweepstakes, gift cards, coupons,etc?  When I select AARP Rewards at the top of the screen where it shows my accumulated rewards points, I get an AARP Rewards screen with an arrow, then a short video is displayed, and sometimes a screen with two check boxes is displayed, one check box referring to points to be added by signing up with AARP, and the other checkbox referring to AARP's terms and conditions.  By checking both boxes, and selecting "Continue",  it takes me right back to the original screen:  the AARP Rewards screen with an arrow.

Thanks for reading all this.

Roxanne

Gold Conversationalist

@roxanneg979470  This is exactly the same screen I get.  My points display but I cannot do anything at all on Rewards for Good.  I reported it with the form a couple of times and also called.  I have a case number...or two.   I can't earn points much less redeem them.

I thought it was something I had done wrong with the verification "enhancement".  

However now that others are reporting the same problem, it seems to me that there is a bug somewhere. 

My problem started the very day of the "enhancement".   I don't think it's a coincidence.  My account worked just fine in the morning and by afternoon I could access nothing but that very annoying screen with the neverending loop of signing up and the boxes you described.

Thank you for posting this.   The more people that tell of their experiences, perhaps the more inclined the techies will be to fix it. 

The have been "working on it" for almost a month now.

Meanwhile I missed out on all the gift cards for points that appeared on the site near the holidays.

EDIT:     I just tried to get into my account.  IT WORKED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A MONTH!  I have not redeemed anything so can't speak to that but I did earn some points and participate in the Daily/Weekly Lose games.    I hope your account has been restored as well.

Periodic Contributor

I give up with these AARP rewards.  Thank you all for the replies.

Roxanne

Trusted Social Butterfly

@roxanneg979470 

The login problem was fixed for @HokiePoq on 1/11/20, hopefully they're working their way through the list of members who reported the problem.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Social Butterfly

It's a farce.  If AARP cared they would simplify this redeeming effort

Periodic Contributor

Thank you Marilyn for giving me hope for redeemping points.

Warm regards,

Roxanne

Trusted Social Butterfly

@roxanneg979470 

Roxanne, just keep trying to get in a couple of times daily.  @HokiePoq said she was just trying and it worked.  

You're welcome and try random times.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I'm in!  I can now redeem my rewards points.  Thanks again to all for the tips and encouragement.  Roxanne

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @roxanneg979470 

Roxanne that's great news๐Ÿ˜Š

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Gold Conversationalist

@roxanneg979470  So glad!   Sounds like the techies are getting a handle on that very irritating loop bug.   Thanks for reporting.   I think multiple people reporting the same bug helped a lot.

Regular Contributor

When trying to go to the rewards section it demands a phone number which should have nothing to do with accessing your own information. I get way too many junk and robo calls/texts already so I sure do not need to allow AARP to sell my number and add to the list of garbage calls or text message sent my way.

Regular Contributor

My sister has the same problem, it started yesterday. She called the help line and they put in a trouble ticket for her. Don't know how long it will take to remedy the problem. I recall someone on this forum having this problem but can not locate the post, maybe they will see your post and have some information for you.
Periodic Contributor

Thank you from Roxanne
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP