Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Redeem Rewards for REDBOX.com 12/26/2019 OUT OF ORDER !

Super Contributor

Redeem Rewards for REDBOX.com 12/26/2019 OUT OF ORDER !

I tried to redeem rewards for $25  Redbox.com for the fee of 8,750 pts.  I kept getting the message: OOPS ! AN ERROR OCCURED. PLEASE REFRESH YOUR BROWSER TO GET BACK ON TRACK. I tried several times and kept getting the same message. I tried on my computer and cell phone . Same reply. I called AARP and they had the same experience. They gave me case # and said I should hear back by Weds.(5 days later) and to keep checking back. Said they will report it to the team and hopefully be resolved. I will reply with an answer as I get one .  Anyone else experience this situation ? 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

FYI to posters here

I've had a Redbox account since they began used to use all the time till they did update and more price increases & got into streaming 

Anyway about your issue They've always wanted and had my credit card info to charge & when I earned freebies still needed - If your unaware you must scan card on account at the  rental boxes its how know its you picking up...  its just a fairly common practice

I've never used their streaming its high $ & I use others

As Marylin said kinda wonder why need then but most companies do For my Amazon Prime Video account it has my credit card linked 

So I feel certain saying its not a scam or such just their policy You should be safe setting up cause I sure wouldn't want lose all those points nor $50 worth movie rentals you can cancel your account once used if no longer desire use their services 

Hope this helps good luck

Ginger  ;  )

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @gm5271 

Ginger, thanks for the info😊.  Already have Netflix, Hulu and Prime, that's enough folks with bank info.  But I do use a special card for anything online.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Periodic Contributor

8,750 pts.? Mine said 40,625 pts. for the Redbox $25.00 card. A lot of points?, yes, but it was just points for $25.00. So i got 2 cards for 81,250 pts.. $50.00 of movie rentals at the Redbox. Or so i thought. Signed up for Redbox account, loaded up the 2 $25.00 cards. $50.00 on the account and it won't let me use it. Turns out you have to give them a credit card # to back up and use the gift cards. Redbox wants credit card for their security (just in case you don't bring back the video). So i tried to do on demand on my tv. They still want your credit card even though there's $50.00 on the account. I find that to be SHADY. Complete waste of A LOT of points. Your not missing out by not getting the Redbox card. As i think about the difference in the point values 8,750 vs 40,625 i wonder if that's realy why they would'nt let you order the Redbox card. They had the wrong point value listed. Just food for thought.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hey Sue: I bought the Redbox Card and it was 40000 +  points. BUT read the rules everbody on these gift cards. Redbox limits you to only 2 DVD's at a time, Have to rent online only, cannot use to purchase DVD, cannot use for on demand, no streaming, no games. Too many restrictions, wont buy another card

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @SueP280957 ,

That is an awful experience, it seems that you wouldn't need a credit card with the online/streaming service.  You have nothing to return and no need for a deposit. 

I recently had a problem with a subscription not starting from the old R4G program and got this number from Customer Service.  It is for the Redemption Dept. (1-800-217-1015) who handles all problems with redeeming prizes for the Rewards and R4G programs. 

I was informed that they had a third party who handled these prizes and they would contact them to get the issue resolved, instead of me contacting the company directly.  Hope this helps.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

I'd try that number and let me know if they can get the problem solved, I'd like to purchase the Redbox for streaming.

Silver Conversationalist

Hi Marylin: FYI ___Don’t know if you saw my 1/27/20 post above reply to Sue, but I did check today in my Redbox account under “Redbox gift cards” and it does state “ecard can only be used to Rent Movies. Pretty sure that means no streaming. Just Saying

Have a blessed day

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @rednexsrus 

Lucy, thanks for posting about streaming movies. 

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Contributor

It sounded too good to be true. 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I received an answer in my email from AARP dated 12/27/19. I read : Thank you for contacting AARP. Unfortunately, you received the error message because the RedBox inventory was depleted, and no longer available. We are sorry for the inconvenience. I have added 50 points to your account to thank you for your patience.   

It was nice they got back to me in a fasionable way and the 50 points was nice also. But the REDBOX deal would have been better.  Just as soon as that reward got on my site I went to order it. I find it difficult to believe they sold it out that fast. But I guess it could happen.  Better luck next time. Thanks AARP.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

all the good gift cards for points sell out fast 

0 Kudos
Contributor

The same thing happened to me. The second it showed available I tried to order the card to no avail. They should bring it back....

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am having the exact same experience.  Hopefully your conservation with AARP will get it resolved.  I'll keep checking back to the site. 

Thanks for documenting the issue in this forum.  Let us know if it gets resolved for you.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP