Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Re: Will AARP Foundation Points Donations Start in November?

Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: Will AARP Foundation Points Donations Start in November?

@AARPTeri & @sandy 

It's been (2) months since I created this post, and it seems no updates have come concerning AARP Foundation donations.  Could we please donate this month to help struggling seniors for the Christmas holidays?

Please make it happen, LadiesSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

Social Butterfly

@AARPCaroline 

When will we be able to donate points to the AARP Foundation for January, please?

Thanks,

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@andrewtoo They are now up! 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos

How do I donate points to other seniors on AARP?

Community Concierge

@AudreyS405915 You can Help End Social Isolation by donating your points to the AARP Foundation! Check it out here: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/#currency=filter_points&sort-by=default

Contributor

How can I donate my reward points to needy members? I will be leaving AARP as I do not find it helps me in any way. Please respond before April end 2021.

thanks

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ShirazI454395 I'm disappointed to learn that we are losing your support. AARP membership includes a long list of carefully selected membership benefits and discounts, have you seen them all? You can check out the details here: aarp.org/learnaboutbenefits

To donate your rewards points:

Go to aarp.org/rewards/redeem.
Select the All Rewards tab.
Select Filter by.
Select AARP Foundation and then click Apply.
Select the reward - $5 contribution to help end senior poverty (4,000 points)
Click Give Now, then Confirm.

Once the AARP Foundation receives a certain number of Reward point donations for the month, the option to filter by AARP Foundation will no longer be listed and we stop accepting new donations until the following month. You can try donating your rewards points to the AARP Foundation next month.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@AARPCaroline 

So I guess my question is one that Management will overlook and ignore...huh?

Maybe you didn't see my question to you on 1/2/2020.  This must be a situation where AARP Rewards determines if the question is revelant.

@AARPCaroline wrote:

@andrewtooThey are now up! 

Thanks for someone responding to a paying member.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@mi4090 @SueP280957 @andrewtoo Update! AARP Foundation point contributions are scheduled to launch before the end of this year. The launch date and access to this feature will be announced here in the Rewards forum exclusively before anywhere else. Keep an eye out for details.

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@AARPCaroline 

Thanks for alerting us.  Is there a monthly limit on donations and will donations become tax deductible again as in R4G?

Donated my 8,000 pts., hope it helps with feeding seniorsHeart

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@mi4090 - thanks for your donation to help struggling seniors! AARP Rewards users may contribute up to 8,000 max points each month, depending on availability. Your point contribution is not tax-deductible.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @AARPAnneH 

Thanks for responding and informing me.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPAnneH 

There are 2 separate opportunities to redeem 4,000 points so AARP would give $5 for each to the AARP Foundation.

Having already redeemed points for both opportunities, am I now limited to one redemption for points only until the beginning of a new month?

Thanks so much,

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@andrewtoo AARP Foundation redemptions aren’t included in the 3 per month limit for points only redemptions. 

AARP Community Manager
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @AARPCaroline 

When the Beta testing is finished and the AARP Rewards program goes live, will the donations be tax deductible and a money value placed on the 4,000 pts?  Thanks

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@mi4090 Your point contribution to support AARP Foundation with AARP Rewards points will result in a payment from AARP to AARP Foundation. Your point contribution is not tax-deductible.

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Happy New Year @AARPCaroline 

Explain how this is different than donation of points during the R4G program which were tax deductible?  I was under the impression it was always a payment from member to Foundation that was paid through AARP, right?  But we received a receipt for donations.  During the previous program 1,000 points=$10.00 tax deductible donation.

Seems that the checks and balances for Foundation donations are gone, and we have no proof of the donations now.  

Our points must have a monetary value due to the fact that you can use them for points only deals.

Please explain in more detail.

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP