Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

Problem concerning the instant wins

@AARPJanelleM 

Hoping to win the Amazon Instant Win this is what I got:

Sorry, we are experiencing longer than expected delays in your point redemption, but your transaction is confirmed. Please check your transaction history in a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience.

The same message has been happening during the past few weeks for the Instant Wins. Sure, points are taken off my account later. No message that I have lost or won; of course no gift card is showing up in my email.

The same message has also occured when playing the sweepstakes.

It would be good if your IT team could fix that very annoying problem.

Thank you.

Silver Conversationalist

The orginal topic posted was Problem concerning the instant wins
I am sure there are other members having their issues but my problem is with the type of rewards that admin chooses for the Instant Wins.
I am sure there may be some seniors who hold an interest in rewards like Fanatics, Nintendo, NFL, but I personally cannot use the ones I was unlucky enough in winning. 😫 😫 😫
True, if the instant win badge/icon does not interest you, you could just skip over trying for the win, BUT some of us like to gift these gift cards to our family and friends. Sadly, sometimes they do not want them either. What are we suppose to do ?? just throw them away.
If admin cared more for its senior members they could easily provide us with a much better selection when it comes to the Instant Wins. We need more grocery, and discount home goods. 
I have always held the idea that AARP was primarly designed for seniors e.g. The Silent Generation, and The Baby Boomer Generation.
Not so much for the other generation classes. AARP needs to instill more restrictions on rewards to non-members and pay attention to the suggestions made by it's members. Just Saying

Image-1 (1).png

lucyp061351
Periodic Contributor

Dear J,

They really don't care.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@a170938b @al45009948 @AnneG461594 @JoLo49 

Are you still receiving an error message? I have been unable to replicate the issue on my side; the site is up and running properly. Let me know if you continue to have issues.

Silver Conversationalist

Hi @AARPJanelleM 

On 10/27/2022,  I received the error message for my Sweepstakes redemption,  and points were deducted.  Because of the error, there is no confirmation on the total number of entries entered to date.  The error message is intermittent, but happens often enough to make it annoying.  I am wondering if there is an accurate accounting of the Sweepstake entries when these errors occur, and wondering if I'm wasting my points.  JMHO

Community Concierge

@JoLo49 Thanks for letting me know. Be sure to confirm the # of sweepstakes entries that have been submitted by reviewing the transaction history: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/transaction/#view=redemptions

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. No I haven't had that error anymore because I'm real tired of getting that Sorry message each and every time I play the Instant Win games. When I check the Winners list and constantly see a lot of the same people winning I get very suspicious about these same people winning

C'mon now, I've noticed and I'm sure others have also, that the same people are winning 4 or 5 times a year. I've even noticed where the city and state were missing. Does that seem right? I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Honored Social Butterfly

Not really getting the errors as much, either. I also agree with you about the same names winning multiple times per year. I won (1) one sweeps 3 years ago, my first year as a member. Oh, boo-hoo me, right? Perhaps, it's favoritism, and I'm just not their favorite member. 😉 

Conversationalist

2- And again a few minutes later with the CVS instant win. I am done for the day as the website is just too frustrating for words (polite ones anyway).

Thank you Janelle for contacting your IT department.

Conversationalist

1-Yes. Just happened right now with the Aeropostale instant win.

"Sorry, we are experiencing longer than expected delays in your point redemption, but your transaction is confirmed. Please check your transaction history in a couple of minutes. Thank you for your patience."

Because it's an intermittent problem, you might not be able to reproduce it.

Thank you for passing this to your IT team; they should be familiar with the possibility of intermittent issues and will hopefully one day do something to fix this particular problem.

I appreciate your help.

Community Concierge

@a170938b Thank you for providing that info. I'll let you know if I find anything out about this error! 

Conversationalist

Thank you!

Super Contributor

@AARPJanelleM I did get the message one other time, and that time the points were deducted and the card sent to my e-mail within a day.  If there is any difference the time when I got the message and I DIDN'T get the card I redeemed on my phone using the AARP app instead of my laptop.  If there is any way I could still get the $10 Macy's card since I did receive the message that the transaction was confirmed I would greatly appreciate it!!

Community Concierge

@AnneG461594 Unfortunately, I am unable to assist with a transaction that does not process to show in the Rewards history. If you have any issues receiving a card for a transaction that processes and shows on your transaction history, please let me know!

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. I too had this error. Points were deducted from my account. Didn't receive a email notification ( which I guess I didn't win) . The other day I was reading about the Sponsor ( Merkel Inc. ) that AARP Rewards use to monitor and oversee the distribution of prizes. I can't say exactly what I want to for fear of breaking some sort of community rule. But,if you can please goto the Merkel website and read about its strategy that companies can use on its consumers. All the data that is collected and how and where from. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Super Contributor

I second this - I got this message when I attempted to redeem points for a $10 Macy's card, days later, no record of the transaction, no reduction in points, and the card is long sold out.  What part of your transaction is confirmed am I missing???  I feel I am still owed a gift card....... @AARPJanelleM  can this be investigated?????

Honored Social Butterfly

This is from 10-08-2022, you tagged @AARPJanelleM on this date as well. Has she not assisted you with your issue(s)?

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Redemption/October-sold-out-gift-cards-for-points-yet-unable-to-redeem...

Honored Social Butterfly

Usually you receive an email confirmation upon receipt of a redemption. If you didn't, then the redeem never went through. We all have had our experiences here. 🙂

Silver Conversationalist

Also, getting the same message on the instant wins.  Points always taken off, but no confirmation of a win or lose.  I get the same message for sweepstakes entry with a NaN for number of entries.  Wonder how AARP is keeping track of our entry numbers???

Conversationalist

I also get the same message sometimes.  It usually happens on the first Instant Win I try of the day.  My feeling is you have the points taken when this happens but no way of knowing if you really had a chance to win.  After all you hardly, if ever, win one.

I have had this happen even right after logging out and clearing cookies and cache.  As you know they will tell you that will solve the problem.  It can be a solution, but on this site it almost never is.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP