Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Points-Only Gift Card Availability

Hi Everyone!

I know some of you have posted feedback about the lack of availability of points-only gift cards. Please be advised that points-only gift cards have continued to be available in the rewards catalog, they are posted randomly throughout the day. Please continue to check periodically for these items as they are very popular and do sell out fast.   

AARPTeri
Social Butterfly

@al45009948 

Hey Al ๐Ÿ˜ I love smiley faces my signature on anything write 

Nope only can try 1 time per day on each Instant Win

I stated "even with trying for 3 different ones" no luck winning

Used to only offer 1 per day with 1 try per day now seems about 5-7 can try win each day each lasting 7 days with 100 winners over that 7 days

If you read fine print at bottom of entry page you'll see date each ends they all different BUT rules allow you to win as often as possible No limits on wins with all Daily Instant Wins been that way for while 

Good luck sorry if caused confusion

Ginger  ;  ) 

Community Concierge

@al45009948  At the bottom of the Discover page in Rewards, you'll see the link to the Official rules for Sweepstakes and Daily Instant Win Games. Depending on the game - Each entrant may play one (1) time each โ€œDayโ€ (defined as 9:00 a.m. ET through 8:59 a.m. ET the following calendar day) during the Promotion Period. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @al45009948 

I believe the 100 winners are spaced out over the length of time the Instant Wins are available.

This makes it harder to win because it is a random chance during a 24 hour period with fewer winners per day๐Ÿ˜ข.

Just my opinion ๐Ÿ˜Š

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Bronze Conversationalist

This is a lot better ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. Now if only we were allowed to redeem more than 3 Items For Points that would make it a Very Happy Holidays. Let's see if they'd go for that โ˜บ๏ธ.  I'm just saying

Concerned Member
Bronze Conversationalist

It seems that there's a lot of gift cards Instant Win and Items For Points in the Rewards Catalog. Get them while you can. 

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Still not convinced that there is not something underhanded and dishonest going on here.
If and I definitely say if, there are not separate catalogs or reward pages,
then please explain to me why some individuals are seeing awards that others are not.๐Ÿ˜ซ
Could it possible be based on their opinions, suggestions or comments in this forum,
Quite strange don't you think ??
Are they spreading misinformation and doubt amongst us in order to create suspicion and confusion ??
Just to be clear, where are these mysterious randomly generated points only rewards ??
Should not the FILTER, Items For Points reveal them ?? Why are only some members viewing them ??
There seams to be an unjustified attempt at targeting or profiling some of us.

Just Saying

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I just checked and there's quite a few Items For Points listed. It's 2:45 pm est. Good luck everyone โ˜บ๏ธ

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

The only things I saw were the Pandora and Build a Bear.   I missed the good two earlier by not having them come up in the search I do multiple times a day (Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma)

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@rednexsrus 

Hi Lucy

Sorry ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ your upset๐Ÿ˜ก

I don't think folks are being targeted not sure that'd be possible in computer systems but I'm no computer wiz... also think we all see same thing at same time but with them adding a random offer it'll be seen by all those at that ?? time?? but just my thoughts

I had posted then deleted my comments to Teri on this thread cause I'd never seen any "randomly throughout the day" then Andrew @andrewtoo posted about 'Wayfair' then I saw and got one along with other folks 'Amazon' card for points only

Now I truly believe its not an all time thing maybe possibly 1 time a day at any given time but without being able see it every day can't say might be few times week & as I've posted about it on other threads think its purely a luck of draw to be online checking and find and get them.... the Amazon card on 29th I found with having my filter on for 'points only' ...I feel only way could dispute it happening... now that I've seen a 'random' one is if were on site all day long personally I'm not interested in doing that but I do check site randomly throughout the day ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ™ƒ

So its my hope you'll see one soon 

Now to question why they choose do this??? This way... I'm thinking to create interest & increase their traffic on site which I believe creates earnings hopefully for AARP not Merkle/Hello World 

I hope this helps ease your upset and again hope you luck up and get a 'randomly throughout the day' card soon

Good luck Enjoy your day! 

Ginger ;  )

Gold Conversationalist

@gm5271   I check multiple times every day using the filter.....and have not seen any of the ones you mentioned.   I did see Zappos today after it was sold out at 9:30.   

Silver Conversationalist

@AARPTeri 

If what you say is true, then you need to get support to fix the filter "items for points" because it AIN'T WORKING. No points only gift cards have appeared for the last 3 weeks, only the sweeps and that brain thing.

Just Saying

Then again, Now I am sure you are profiling your members, showing the favorable items to a select few members that agree with managements tactics, and excluding the rest of us that don't happen to agree with how this program is being manipulated. ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก

lucyp061351
Periodic Contributor

If it's such a rare event that you have to check throughout the day and fight the crowds to get a redemption in a tiny window of time, that is not a rewards program that has value. 

Silver Conversationalist

@LindaF967341 

AARP Teri posted that โ€œpoints only rewards โ€œ โ€œare posted randomly throughout the day. Please continue to check periodicallyโ€

Please, tell me who has the time to sit at their computer all day waiting for an eGift Card to magically appear. That comment is so ridiculous, but typical of managementโ€™s thinking. We are already being subjected to this idea of randomness with the Daily Win, we certainly donโ€™t need more of it. I agree that this program NOW has very little value. 

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Bronze Conversationalist

๐Ÿ‘ I just wanted to ask anyone that reads your post instead of starting a new one.

For those who have been redeemed points for gift cards to Holla Back and let the Community know that the statement that AARPTeri said is true. I'm just saying. 

Concerned Member
Bronze Conversationalist

Just to let everyone know I was able to redeem 108,000 points for 3 Banana Republic $20 gift cards. I want to say apologize for not posting it to the Community. It was yesterday around 8:05 pm est. I texted AARP this afternoon about their Use your Reward Points for Items in the catalog. I mentioned that what they were saying was outdated and should be removed. They want me to give them my address like that's gonna happen. I'm just saying

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I choose to come back and delete my post 

Enjoy your day! 

Ginger ;  )

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP