Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Oops! An error occurred. Please refresh your browser to get back on track.

Social Butterfly

Oops! An error occurred. Please refresh your browser to get back on track.

Trying to redeem a card for points through the Extra Regret-It program...getting this message over and over again.

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

It was an "Extra Work":card !!!

...LOL

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Andrew,

I was looking at Ginger's "Latest Available Points Only" post and Karyn posted about the $10 Chipotle card.  It was an "Extra Work" card.  Did all the work to get nothing for more than 24 hours.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Trusted Social Butterfly

@rednexsrus 

Hello Lucy, 

I didn't look in the General forum, I'll check that out. 

By the way, I just got the replacement email which allowed me to view and print the gift card.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090   I didn't get the email, just my 22k point "adjustment".

I want the gift card, too!   Did you do anything special or did it come automatically?  You often get the emails and codes way before I do, so maybe there's a chance still.  

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

This is not a reply to @andrewtoo but a complaint to AARP and AARP Rewards. I am in the ET zone and tried to get this month's offerings between 7:30 AM and 8:00 AM on July 1. Silly me. All of the good ones were long gone. Looking at the time stamps of the comments under this thread, I see that either everybody stayed up long past midnight to grab these offerings or they live in another time zone. Good on you, Guys - especially you lucky dogs in the Pacific Time Zone. Considering the problems reported here, I am very glad I did not stay up past midnight just to experience this aggravation. 

My complaint is perhaps AARP/AARP Rewards should remove any information about the amount of sleep seniors should have every night and how to experience a good night's sleep when you are forcing its members to stay up to participate the new month's offerings. Any thoughts on this, AARP??

Gold Conversationalist

I'm with you @BeachGirl23   Staying up until midnight for this is not treating Eastern time zone members fairly.   In the previous program, awards went up at 9 a.m. EST..  That caused complainst from those who didn't want to get up at 6 a.m. or miss out.   The time was changed.  Fair enough.  However, this has gone on long enough.   Put them on at 9 a.m. PST or whenever that no time zone has to stay up way too late.  I don't think getting up at 6 a.m. is a problem as I'm a morning person but I do realize others might not feel that way.   

Silver Conversationalist

@HokiePoq @BeachGirl23 

I was just trying to be funny with my reply to @shamit in another thread about Time Zones, but it seems like it would be a good thing to get rid of them after all.

I vote for 6 am across the country. ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ

Maybe SCOTUS can take it up on the next session

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Regular Contributor

It is like the site has reverted back to beta mode.  Nothing is working smoothly; it has been a struggle to get daily points and redeeming them for quite a while now. 

Social Butterfly

@rednexsrus @mi4090 

This thread started with Extra Regret-It reward issues.

Apparently, Some people are having trouble with Chipotle gift card issues, but,

Chipotle gift cards were not offered through this month's (EC) program and I have no personal knowledge other than some topics on the Forum mention a problem with Chipotle (redemption and Instant win) and a couple of posts here in this topic.

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Andrew

Was it the $10 Chipotle gift card everybody has trouble with ??

Have a nice 4th

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Here's one for you... while we were fighting with the extra credit for a couple of $5 rewards... my dad won TWO instant wins. I didn't even know it was possible to win two in one night!

Silver Conversationalist

Well well well the July Extra - Regret Credits actually went off with out a hitch,

for me anyway. ๐Ÿ˜€  About time 
Not real sure how that happened unless we had a house cleaning in the IT department.
The $$ value of the points only rewards cards did not change at all  ๐Ÿ˜ซ ๐Ÿ˜ซ 

but the sponsors/vendors sure did ๐Ÿ˜€  i.e. Apple, Target, Amazon, Lowe's to name just a few.
In my opinion it really adds class and excitement to the catalog when you have popular well recognized companies participating.
I just wish admin would consider loosening the corporate purse strings, and add just a little bit more $$ to the value of the gift cards, after all the economy and employment is doing so much better now ๐Ÿ˜€  ๐Ÿ˜€
Just Saying

lucyp061351
Regular Contributor

looks like target and amazon can now be redeemed ..... what a night ......

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Andrew,

I redeemed 22,000 points 6/30 for $10 Chipotle gift card and receive email.  Upon clicking the Get Your Reward link immediately received:

Oops.

The site at http://click.email.aarp.org/?qs=98786fb5f9a5a50aeb891911ef1ba43019d9cfab4a83c2da1a57dc82d400201e5fcd... has experienced a network protocol violation that cannot be repaired.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Points were deducted but don't have the reward๐Ÿ˜ช

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Silver Conversationalist

Hi Marylin

There are a few more members over in the general help forum with the same problem

I suggested they PM or post a message here to AARPJanelleM for help. If its as bad as you indicate not sure she will be able to get it fixed very soon.

Have a nice day ๐Ÿ˜Ž

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Same thing here.I did chat with them and they are looking into it.She stated they were reporting the issue then and they were receiving multiple reports.This was around 6:30 pm last night.So we will probably get them before to long.

Conversationalist

OK.  I finally was able to complete the activities and get my cards redeemed.  But now I find that my Target card is not good.  When I check the balance on their site I get "The scopes don't match."  My husband just through his for the Target card.  And guess what?  He is getting the same thing.  These cards are not valid.

Trusted Contributor

You made me go check mine... It was fine but I used the Target app.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Thank you.  I went into my Red Circle account and was able to add them there.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Wow...now I see how lucky I was to get the "Discover super ways to save with AARP" section completed in the first 8 minutes.  It has two quizzes and one video and it gave me credit for them with little trouble. It just took me another 45 min to get the Amazon and Target cards redeemed.

Now, I can't get credit for videos in other sections.  I have stopped trying to get credit for the videos at this point and consider myself fortunate to have gotten those two cards.

Thanks everyone for your input so that we knew that these problems are occurring more or less globally.

AndrewToo
Regular Contributor

you're lucky. I can't even log in !

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Finally went through and got the Target and Amazon cards. Still need to deal with the renewal issue. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Conversationalist

Has ANYBODY besides Michelle been able to successfully redeem for the points-only Amazon gift card?!?!? If so, PLEASE CHIME IN HERE!

What about Members like me who have been trying to redeem -- unsuccessfully, so far -- for the Amazon GC for the last hour? If the Amazon GC becomes "sold out" soon, will I be cast aside as an acceptable casualty of the deplorable situation allowed to fester on the AARP Rewards site?!?

The Amazon card is a Members-Only GC so at least the ravenous zombie hordes of non-members will hopefully be excluded from this particular in-demand GC.

Rant over.

Conversationalist

FINALLY -- two hours after my first attempts to redeem for the Amazon points-only GC... I was able to complete that redemption. 

This is a form of AARP-sponsored torture, anxiety, and frustration that is COMPLETELY AVOIDABLE. Admin knows this well, yet still does little or nothing to correct these recurring and systemic problems.

Social Butterfly

Okay... after completing required quizzes and video...I must have reloaded the Extra Regret-It page 50 times...got a redeem button on 5 or 6 screens.  Clicked "redeem"... "confirm"... then error.

Finally got the Target card.

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

' the Extra Regret-It page...' ๐Ÿ˜‚

[ฬฒฬ…$ฬฒฬ…(ฬฒฬ…5ฬฒฬ…)ฬฒฬ…$ฬฒฬ…] (โ˜‰เฑช โŠ™)
Regular Contributor

in my case, after every activity getting the message "no points, activity already completed" or words to that effect; checking transaction history and nothing credited ... grrrrrr........

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Back to the same old, same old. Spinning wheels, no points, an error occurred, item not found in system...

On top of this AARP auto renewed me today even though I know I disabled that. No warning or nothing. I'm not an idiot. I would have renewed on my own and got the free $10 Amazon gift card (since there's none here). Annoyed!

Trusted Contributor

Oh, and it will just not give me credit for one of the videos. No points because I already completed it but no check mark.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP