Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

October Extra Regret-it

Another month of disappointment (Regret that I jumped on at midnight in hopes of getting usable gift cards for points).  I got the $5 Target card for my collection, before the redemptions closed down with the familiar:

"We are currently experiencing technical difficulties in processing your request. Please retry in a few minutes. Thank you for your patience."

I can't get one of the quizzes to work for a chance at a less useful gift card for points.

I would like to have seen an Amazon or Walmart or Kroger card also.

It is my own fault for expecting better than this.

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@Therapist4u  

Thanks for your comments and humor.

But, I can't take "credit" for the AARP="Annoying Aggravating Rewards Program."

It was @garyfish49 that came up with that catch phase, I only added it as a tag because I thought it was so good.

Take care, thanks for your kudos,

AndrewToo
Silver Conversationalist

Hi @andrewtoo

I replied to thank @garyfish49

for โœ”๏ธ "credit" โœ”๏ธ

BTW: You often have made me chuckle as well ๐Ÿ™ƒ ....also

Thanks to you & @garyfish49 for your kudos, too!

Take care   โ˜ฎ๏ธ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ

Trusted Contributor

Silver Conversationalist

Itโ€™s 2:15 pm CST & Forever Home quiz is broke again or at least itโ€™s not giving points 

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi  @andrewtoo

"October Extra Regret-it"

& AARP= "Annoying Aggravating Rewards Program"

LOL ....hahahaa good ones! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Even Denise Austinโ€™s ready to bust a gut laughing!!

Denise Austinโ€™s ready to bust a gut laughingDenise Austinโ€™s ready to bust a gut laughing

Humor helps ease the pain of this ridiculous program..... I think of it as

AARP = An Absence of Rewards Program

Take care   โ˜ฎ๏ธ ~Allen  ๐ŸŒˆ

Conversationalist

I think she's about to bust a gut because we've re-watched her videos an infinite amount of times, and many we never got credit for. ๐Ÿ˜‚

[ฬฒฬ…$ฬฒฬ…(ฬฒฬ…5ฬฒฬ…)ฬฒฬ…$ฬฒฬ…] (โ˜‰เฑช โŠ™)
Silver Conversationalist

Hi  @Jason2020LovesKelly

hahahaa..... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Even my catโ€™s now laughing at your comments!! ๐Ÿฑ

Even my catโ€™s now laughing!Even my catโ€™s now laughing!

Conversationalist

๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿ˜นToo funny! ๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜น

Regular Contributor

Like many others, I try to jump on the website as soon as I can after 12AM ET. Iโ€™ve probably done the Forever Home quiz 20 times if Iโ€™ve done it once, on my laptop and phone, logged in and out multiple times, to no avail. I really want that Barnes and Noble gift card. SO frustrating!!

Add to that the fact that the Daily Deal hasnโ€™t been working all week.

And then there is the fact that 1/4 of the time when I try to put in the PROMO CODES they wonโ€™t work (even though less than the advertised limit of 2 weeks old) and I have to keep trying until they work(sometimes they NEVER do). 

And then there is the fact that Iโ€™ve been trying to buy 3 gift cards all week(2 as gifts, 1 with which to buy my groceries) and the Rewards check out wonโ€™t work! 

AARP, if youโ€™re going to have a website, you should have a website that WORKS. It is true I am a  senior but Iโ€™m a physician working full time, more than 40 hrs/wk, and I really donโ€™t have time to keep trying and trying to save money via this website. It is close to the point where it costs me more(in time) to repeatedly attempt different things that arenโ€™t working properly on the website than it would just to spend the extra money and forget about AARP gift cards!.

Super Contributor

drlindamc 

I hope you were able to retrieve a BarnesandNoble gift cards that was offered in the October extra credits after the Forever Home quiz was fixed. I see that the gift card is still available, sadly during all of the confusion I inadvertently redeemed one by mistake. Hopefully I will be able to use it sometime in the future. ๐Ÿ˜ซ

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Actually, the GC for Barnes and Noble has been sold out. There is an 

Instant Win, however. 

-Instant Win-

Barnes & Noble eGift Card Instant Win*

50 Points
$10 Value

Kudos
Views
Contributor

I am having the same experience. I don't understand why I can't get credit for the Find Your Forever Home quiz after doing it repeatedly. Very frustrating.

Trusted Contributor

Same here - I got thru two sets of quizzes/videos at midnight and NEVER earned a point. Now doing them all over again at 7am this morning and did the Find Your Forever Home Quiz SIX times already (I know all the answers by heart now) and NO points so even though the Barnes & Noble gift card I want is still available, I can't buy anything because I can't complete the 3 requirements!! It's  always something here and the frustration is free.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

That particular quiz does not give points because it's defective: when you open the quiz it does not show the red circle with 450 in the middle or the check mark if it's already done. AARP might fix it one day; hope springs eternal. Meanwhile no point in doing that quiz; and no way to get the Barnes and Noble gift card!

Silver Conversationalist

@a170938b

I think itโ€™s finally fixed, after so much trouble. Give it another try for that Barnes & Noble gift card if itโ€™s not SOLD OUT. If it is send a PM and I will tell you how to get them.

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM  ^^ Did you know about this? ^^ A defunct quiz is preventing members from accessing the Barnes and Noble Gift Card! There have been issues with everything this week, and 'somebody' misses out! Is this how AARP wants to treat their customers? In addition to, gaining revenue with every video we watch, but our compensation is at/around 66% while AARP is at 130% in revenue. Nice, real nice. It's time for patience to go away, and request that AARP fix this site! It's a mess! We are owed compensation for our time, too! 

Contributor

I had the same problem, very frustrating. 

Conversationalist

I had high hopes when I first loaded the Extra Credit webpage and saw "October 2022" in the introductory graphic. Then everything steadily unraveled over the next hour or so to the point that it just wasn't worth it to continue, as almost nothing seemed to be working. Like several others here, I did manage to score the exorbitant Target GC but nothing else was worthy of my points or my attention.

Another month, another dumpster fire. Is this even worth it anymore for us Members?

I wrote this in another thread on this forum, but it bears repeating here:

AARP = Annoying Aggravating Rewards Program 

๐Ÿค”

Silver Conversationalist

Hi  @garyfish49

@andrewtoo said you should get "credit" for the AARP="Annoying Aggravating Rewards Program."

Good on you!!!

Humor helps ease the pain of this ridiculous program..... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I think of it as

AARP = An Absence of Rewards Program ๐Ÿ˜„

Honored Social Butterfly

@garyfish49 wrote:

'I had high hopes when I first loaded the Extra Credit webpage and saw "October 2022" in the introductory graphic. Then everything steadily unraveled over the next hour or so to the point that it just wasn't worth it to continue, as almost nothing seemed to be working.'

You read my mind. It's actually nice when someone is just as observant. Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Trusted Contributor

Got the Target too and now a mess. Can't even get points for the regular videos I watch.

Honored Social Butterfly

We must love the abuse or chaos, or whatever. ๐Ÿ˜‰

'Happy October!' ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‚

Bronze Conversationalist

Can the rewards program be considered elder abuse?๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™ƒ

Conversationalist

Not elder abuse, per se, more like the scammers they've created videos about, and are scamming their own customers in the same way. They currently are scamming their customers with their own points program. Their crypto-currency, aka points, scam.  

Conversationalist

I got the Target card also.  Then it all crashed. You can't even enter the sweepstakes. It just gets worse every month.  

Trusted Contributor

I jumped on right after midnight and for hours tried to complete all three.  I have the new home quiz memorized, but it never gives me points. Didn't manage to even get the Target gift card.  Yes, I am a glutton for punishment. 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP