Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

October-sold out gift cards for points, yet unable to redeem????

Regular Contributor

October-sold out gift cards for points, yet unable to redeem????

How could Target and Baby Gap be sold out when there were technical difficulties all day??? I was on the site the am and now in the pm (same technical difficulties message each time) and was UNABLE to redeem anything. This site is beyong frustrating. What's with IT seems like it's been going  steadily downhill.

Conversationalist

There isn't suppose to be any issue with redeeming for points.I redeemed without any problem.The technical problems are with the rewards that you purchase.Seems to be a problem with processing payments.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

That's what the notice said, but I went to redeem points and was unable to 😕. Couldn't even do a sweepstakes or instant win.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@PaulineC593962 Did you receive an error message?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

yes, it said unable to process redemption...

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@PaulineC593962 Thank you for letting me know. I have confirmed that earn and redemption functions are now also being affected by the Rewards site outage. I'm terribly sorry. We will post an update once our team is able to resolve the issue. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

1. Hello everyone 🤗. @AARPJanelleM Understanding that you are not responsible for these Rewards Program problems and having to investigate them has to be fustrating. My opinion is that the IT department must be working from home and really don't care. I'm going to mention my previous suggestion. Tell the IT department to shut down the system and reload the previous programs that were working and fix the bugs in their modified programs and test it on a different computer system before implementing it into the mainstream. Real Programmers know better than to leave a non working system running. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Super Contributor

@AARPJanelleM - here is another example - early this morning I attempted to redeem the points for the $10 Macys gift card, the system gave me a message along the lines of "we know you redeemed this but you can't see it now, thank you for your patience and you will see it soon" - now the card is sold out and I know two other people that were able to get the card no problem.  So did I get one or not????  The IT problems are getting increasing frustrating

Conversationalist

Yes, I did receive the same error, and kept clicking redeem until I saw 'Thanks!' Then it arrived in my virtual mailbox. Next time, if there's anything you want to redeem just keep trying/clicking the redeem button until it takes. Very infuriating, though, even with my experience. 

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] (☉౪ ⊙)
Regular Contributor

Lucky you Jason! 👍

Didn't workfor me.Keep getting the same message..."Unable to process your redemption request" and why is everyone getting different messages and results? Seems kinda unfair. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

What's strange is some members are able to redeem but others can't. Hard to believe IT is so incompetent for such a big organization. Who are they hiring?They need to go back to the year 2020 when the program was actually worthwhile,

Periodic Contributor

Highly likely the rewards program is managed by a vendor versus internal IT. That is even more reason why I don't understand why this outage has gone on so long.  A vendor has all kinds of monetary incentives to get the site back up and running quickly. The lack of transparency as to the cause and resolution is disappointing. Would be interesting to know if @AARPJanelleP works for the vendor or AARP. 

Regular Contributor

I wish they would get a new vendor or bring back the old one... not impressed with this Hello World company. This rewards program seems completely out of touch with seniors and is giving AARP a bad name. It should be a place to watch videos geared to members, gain some knowledge and maybe win a prize or get a real discount on items or services seniors need. It's just aggravating! 

Periodic Contributor

The site outage seems quite catastrophic as it has been going on for several weeks. Was there a system upgrade that was deployed that failed and the rollback didn't work?  Transparency would be welcome especially a day/time estimate on when it will be resolved.  Your IT group or vendor should be able to provide.  Aren't there SLA's that come into play when there is an outage?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP