Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Silver Conversationalist

NEW GIFT CARDS FOR POINTS

Michael’s, Target, Subway, Sam’s Club, Overstock and Bath & Body Works GIFT CARDS for POINTS.

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 😊. Yes but, Only $5 gift cards so far. Some of these Companies websites only allow you use 1 card per order. Come on please, I hurried up and did the Extra Credit at midnight, waiting for a lease some $10 gift cards but the only one was Sold Out. So now I have to check in constantly to see if there's anything worth redemning my points for. Anyway I just want to Thank Lauren at Consumer Affair for resolving my problem with my 1800Petsupplies e certificate. I'm just saying

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. Just wanted to let everyone know that there's a $15 Container Store gift card for 40,000 points. Good luck. Just saying

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@al45009948 If there is another adult living at your address they can be a second member with your paid membership. That way the $5 cards seem more like $10. Because of this, I was able to ‘save’ $30 last night among 3 different stores. I would like to see the requirement of the second person needing to live in your household be changed to include any second adult. That way a family member or friend could be added for those who live alone. I have contacted the appropriate AARP personnel to channel this suggestion. @AARPJanelleM 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

There is also a $15 Bath & Body Works gift card for $13 in AARP Redemption. I planned to use it along with the Bath & Body Works gift card for points as they were having a sale on their hand soaps last night...$3.75 each. I just love their lavender ones. Unfortunately there is currently a glitch with the B&BW email confirmation, as it is not coming through properly. Oh well, they are usually 4 for $20 or 6 for $26. Thank you @andrew and @AARPTeri 

Silver Conversationalist

Yippee! My Bath & Body Works gift card confirmation came through properly. Thank you @AARPTeri and the team!

Gold Conversationalist

It's 5:53 EST.   I see the  ones you mentioned.   Were there eight in each section?   I had been staying up until midnight but after last month's $5 cards, I chose a good night's sleep.   Looks like I didn't miss anything worth giving up a night's rest for.  Thanks so much for posting this, Linda and Gary.  Did anyone see eight in each section or were there only six at midnight EST?

Trusted Contributor

Hi HokiePoq, can you tell me if you have seen new points only rewards posted on Saturday or Sunday.  Would like to stop looking for them those days if they don’t exist.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@tinasinge   Hope you see this.  What I said before was that I hadn't seen any since the beginning of this year.  There used to be rewards on the weekend.   If anyone else has seen them, let @tinasinge  and me know.   

Social Butterfly

@tinasinge @HokiePoq 

Ditto here haven't seen on weekends in long time

Enjoy!

Ginger ;  )

Silver Conversationalist

@HokiePoq  I’m not sure what you mean by 8/6 in each section. @garyfish49  Do you? I saw them at 12:15 a.m. EST. I’m glad you got the rest if they weren’t something you could use. I hope something comes along for you.

Take care,

Linda

Conversationalist

All are $5 gift cards. Think I'll pass.

At least the $5 cards won't set you back 22,000+ points, like the Extra Credit Rewards $5 cards did last month.

Conversationalist

Yes.  At least they aren't 22,000+ points like last month.  But once again I am not receiving the email confirmations.  First redemption email came but not the second.  Had the same thing happen last and ended up having to call in to receive the second.  Probably will have to call again this month.  

@HokiePoq:  There were only 6 at midnight.

The program has been gutted.  Now only $5 cards for the extra credit.  The random cards that pop up are $5 or $10 cards.  Almost all the daily deals are discounted cards (read purchase-pay $) not for points.  And most of those are only 20% discounts on usually $10 or at the most $15 cards.  There are a few 30% off a $10 card.  Of course limited to only 1 card.

Then there are the multiple winners of the Instant wins.  When I looked at the winners list, I found that the names that looked like they were from another country had multiple wins.  One name I saw had won 14 times in the last 4 months.  

Super Contributor

@shamit - I am been doing a little research into the winners list myself, I agree with you that the system is set up so that bots can be created to take a good portion of the wins, this can be very easily corrected but it looks like AARP IT does not have the expertise to do so.  Why bother burning points every day when it looks like the cards are stacked against you???  Not to say I have NEVER won but it has been quite a while since I have and someone winning 14 times in 4 months is pretty suspicious

Anne

Gold Conversationalist

@shamit   Thanks so much for the info.   I am a happy camper I didn't waste my time this month.   That is really fishy with someone winning that many times in four months.  I haven't won any since they made them last a week and you have far less chance....unless you're a bot or something.   

Social Butterfly

Same here for me haven't won anything since change had won couple times before change

@HokiePoq 

Glad you got some sleep

Wish they'd offer a Amazon card hopefully soon

& hopefully Donation offer come up soon 

Take care everyone enjoy your day! Stay safe 

Ginger :  )

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 😊. It's 3:06 pm est and there's only 4 $5 cards now. There's a donation to help seniors with filing there taxes. I'm just saying

Concerned Member
Conversationalist

An update:  I have now received my email confirmation for the Target $5 card.  I'll take the $5 cards.  I know things are rough now.  Maybe when the economy improves the program will improve.  One can hope.  At least $5 at Sam's and Target is something I can use here.  Something is better than nothing.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP