Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Instant Wins - Clarity

Thank you all for your feedback on our new Instant Win games. We are aware that some users are experiencing visual discrepancies for the outcome of the games. We are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, rest assured that the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game.

Once the discrepancies are addressed, the winning visualizations will be as follows:

• For the Slot Machine game, a winning result is three gift card images in a row
  • For the Tile Shuffle game, a winning result is three gift card images in the top, horizontal row only

We value your feedback and thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

AARPTeri
Honored Social Butterfly

@jg18114672  Are you having issues currently, as to those that have posted below? This is not a contest, however. If you have experienced an issue with instant wins, such as those that have shared theirs (below), please do provide this information, maybe even share any screenshots.

As some improvement, however, there has been a proven Instant Win Winner, as posted here: https://community.aarp.org/t5/Redemption/Instant-Wins-Clarity/m-p/2543394/highlight/true#M9410 

This recent claim would reveal that there has been some 'correction,' if you will, that someone has actually won an instant win with this new tile shuffle/slot machine instant win implementation. Which makes it a better outlook.

However, those that have shown their tiles matching up, there should be compensation there, and/or this should be acknowledged by AARP (perhaps, @AARPTeri).

Thank you for your concern.

@jg18114672 wrote ‎03-11-2024 01:45 PM:

Has this been corrected yet?  If not, by continuing the Instant Win in a state that will show a win but claim it is not, puts in question the integrity of the contest, the integrity of the Rewards Benefit and the integrity of AARP.    If the problem has not been fixed and the contest is continuing, I would suggest that it is a fraud. Does anyone disagree with that?   

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri  Please read and see the screenshots below. Please take into consideration that there have been Instant Win winners with this new change, and they are not receiving their rewards. It is unacceptable for AARP to overlook this.

I will propose, because of this, and how difficult it will be for users/members to prove they have won an instant win, that AARP immediately abort this mission. Beta testers we shall not be. We're not here to help AARP tweak their newly implemented ways to rip off their users/members, because this is a rickety style of con...style. It's quite unbelievable, actually.

Thank you so much for your attention to this very fragile matter.

Best regards.

@MarkD524822 wrote ‎03-10-2024 08:16 AM:

@KellytheBelly Good morning Kelly. Per your suggestion I am including MY screenshot here in the forum along with so far @MariaK113398 @DanieleL713078 @garyfish49 @NeyR40 @nancyian 

All losers in the worst decision to come out of AARP’s support / IT / Admin

teams. They definitely came out from under a rock this time 

Looser !!!Looser !!!

AARP ask before playing each instant win game FEELING LUCKY ! 
WELL I did, a new game and all, NOW not so much, more like sick to my stomach.

This whole fiasco definitely does not pass the smell test.

This dog don’t hunt by no means. Could have been fun until it wasn’t 

@DanieleL713078 wrote ‎03-10-2024 05:14 AM:

I I just got three AMC theatre gift cards across the top. I captured my entire display (Alt-PrtScr)

Help - Three AMC eGift cards across the top but I didn't win?!?!?!Help - Three AMC eGift cards across the top but I didn't win?!?!?!

@garyfish49 wrote 03-10-2024 04:44 AM:

About a half-hour ago, I got 3 BedBath & Beyond cards in the slot-machine display, and... "SORRY YOU DIDN'T WIN." Screenshot below.

AARP Admin's official statement: "... rest assured that the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game."

Wow. Just... Wow.

Screenshot_AARP Instant Win_3-10-2024.png

cc:  @Army49 | @MarkD524822 | @DanieleL713078 | @garyfish49 | @nancyian | @NeyR40 | MariaK113398 | MarkD524822

Trusted Contributor

The Instant Win issues should be corrected ASAP, however, in the meantime, members who have proof of winning visuals should be awarded the gift card.  It doesn't seem fair to change the rules when the outcome isn't in AARP's favor.  If AARP doesn't want to honor the "wins" for members with winning visuals, then the games should be suspended until the issues are fixed.  My solution is to go back to the old Instant Win games!

Honored Social Butterfly

@Army49  I concur! 

@Army49 wrote:

The Instant Win issues should be corrected ASAP, however, in the meantime, members who have proof of winning visuals should be awarded the gift card.  It doesn't seem fair to change the rules when the outcome isn't in AARP's favor.  If AARP doesn't want to honor the "wins" for members with winning visuals, then the games should be suspended until the issues are fixed.  My solution is to go back to the old Instant Win games!

[REF: https://community.aarp.org/t5/Redemption/Instant-Wins-Clarity/m-p/2543227/highlight/true#M9399]

@KellytheBelly wrote ‎03-10-2024 03:45 AM:

Please, please, please! If anyone gets what looks like winning tiles, please screen capture it. Take a picture! Take a screenshot! CYB! And, post it here.

Like most commenters in the room, I'm not confident in this new Instant Win tile shuffle and slot machine. It's really bad. It's so bad, it's dreadful! 😒

I do wish they would reconsider this change, and revert to the old instant win way of doing things (yes, maybe even bring back the 'Lucky You' confetti box). I do not understand why in the world AARP would change this feature. It's confusing and it's unstable! Zero confidence playing with a surprise outcome of winning. There is no longer a mystery! The tiles shuffle weirdly, it's gone bonkers. The slot machine takes way too long...as soon as you see that 'you're a loser' with the 2nd slot (on the slot machine), you have to wait that much longer to lose. 🤔  

Yet, all the while I just want to... 😂

@AARPTeri wrote 03-04-2024 05:17 PM:

Thank you all for your feedback on our new Instant Win games. We are aware that some users are experiencing visual discrepancies for the outcome of the games. We are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, rest assured that the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game.

Once the discrepancies are addressed, the winning visualizations will be as follows:

• For the Slot Machine game, a winning result is three gift card images in a row
  • For the Tile Shuffle game, a winning result is three gift card images in the top, horizontal row only

We value your feedback and thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

Honored Social Butterfly

Please, please, please! If anyone gets what looks like winning tiles, please screen capture it. Take a picture! Take a screenshot! CYB! And, post it here.

Like most commenters in the room, I'm not confident in this new Instant Win tile shuffle and slot machine. It's really bad. It's so bad, it's dreadful! 😒

I do wish they would reconsider this change, and revert to the old instant win way of doing things (yes, maybe even bring back the 'Lucky You' confetti box). I do not understand why in the world AARP would change this feature. It's confusing and it's unstable! Zero confidence playing with a surprise outcome of winning. There is no longer a mystery! The tiles shuffle weirdly, it's gone bonkers. The slot machine takes way too long...as soon as you see that 'you're a loser' with the 2nd slot (on the slot machine), you have to wait that much longer to lose. 🤔  

@AARPTeri wrote 03-04-2024 05:17 PM:

Trusted Contributor

This is crazy!!  I had three Papa Johns on the top row and a 'Sorry You Didn't Win" - didn't think to capture the screenshot but there is definitely something wrong with this new Instant Win thing, I thought this would finally solve the issue of bots blocking at certain times but it is causing a totally new problem.

Periodic Contributor

@KellytheBelly Good morning Kelly. Per your suggestion I am including MY screenshot here in the forum along with so far @MariaK113398 @DanieleL713078 @garyfish49 @NeyR40 @nancyian 

All losers in the worst decision to come out of AARP’s support / IT / Admin

teams. They definitely came out from under a rock this time 

Looser !!!Looser !!!

AARP ask before playing each instant win game FEELING LUCKY ! 
WELL I did, a new game and all, NOW not so much, more like sick to my stomach.

This whole fiasco definitely does not pass the smell test.

This dog don’t hunt by no means. Could have been fun until it wasn’t 

Periodic Contributor

I I just got three AMC theatre gift cards across the top. I captured my entire display (Alt-PrtScr)

Help - Three AMC eGift cards across the top but I didn't win?!?!?!Help - Three AMC eGift cards across the top but I didn't win?!?!?!

Periodic Contributor

I'm glad I took @AARPTeri's advice and tried today. Her advice from above: "In the meantime, rest assured that the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game."

I won this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It had confetti falling, reminding me of how winning a reward was "celebrated" several years ago (Maybe 4 - 5???). It's not just "YOU'RE A WINNER!"

I got the gift card email so it agrees with what @AARPTerri was telling us. It seems the animation is not properly working yet.

I did enjoy the winner animation - I'm glad it's back.😀

An AMC eGift card right after the Oscars too. Hmmm...YOU'RE A WINNER!!!  really is!YOU'RE A WINNER!!! really is!

Honored Social Butterfly

@DanieleL713078  That's great! Thanks for sharing this. Congratulations. 🎉 

Conversationalist

About a half-hour ago, I got 3 BedBath & Beyond cards in the slot-machine display, and... "SORRY YOU DIDN'T WIN." Screenshot below.

AARP Admin's official statement: "... rest assured that the message below the game is the official disposition and outcome of the game."

Wow. Just... Wow.

Screenshot_AARP Instant Win_3-10-2024.png

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

@garyfish49 
Hi gary:

what’s the difference between your slot result and @DanieleL713078 

other than the stupid message at the bottom of the game. If his is considered a win then yours and everyone else should be WINNERS.

Looks like Rudy Giuliani was right “ THE TRUTH AIN’T THE TRUTH”

lucyp061351
Silver Conversationalist

@rednexsrus

The differences I noticed between @garyfish49 and @DanieleL713078... there is a "pop up"  gift card on top of the slot machine in addition to the "Winner" message.

Regular Contributor

9:12 PM got 3 AMC cards on top row on shuffle, but says sorry didnt win.  Ughhh

Community Concierge

@nancyian So sorry for this issue! We have confirmed the 'lost' message is correct; however, the visual may show a winning combination in error. We are working to correct this display issue as soon as possible.   - Janelle M.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

"So sorry for this issue!"

This message should be proactively and automatically displayed by the AARP Rewards Program whenever there is a glitch in their system... which is a great deal of the time.

Seems like AARP Admin and tech staff can hardly ever get things right the first time... why is that?!? VERY frustrating and annoying, especially for your long-time Members who are regular users of the Rewards Program.

Contributor

Just got 3 Macy's gift cards in top row and still lost.

My question is: How much did Consumer Celluar pay AARP to add these UNNECESSARY, MEANINGLESS graphics to the instant win game just to run up people's data?

Regular Contributor

I just played the Burger King instant win (tile shuffle) and I got 3 Burger King gift cards in the top horizontal row and it is saying "SORRY YOU DIDN'T WIN".  

Periodic Contributor

You definitely need to protest their decision for the rules say 

• For the Tile Shuffle game, a winning result is three identical gift card images in the top, horizontal row only
Regular Contributor

Exactly!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

@MariaK113398 

Sorry MariaK:

Be assured that the message BELOW THE GAME, "SORRY YOU DIDN'T WIN". Is the official disposition by this administrator of all instant win games, regardless of any screenshots or other messages.

Regular Contributor

AARP needs to go back to the old instant wins where there are no graphics involved. 

Why launch a game and then tell people who think they won to disregard the pictures and just read the words below. A waste of time waiting for graphics to load as well.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP