Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

I ask AARP to consider raising the amount of points we can earn daily

Gold Conversationalist

I ask AARP to consider raising the amount of points we can earn daily

I ask AARP to consider raising the amount of points we can earn daily. Itโ€™s been 7,500 points for a long timeโ€ฆ.also we need more to spend it on besides contests & instant winsโ€ฆthere has been too little elseโ€ฆbesides the same thingsโ€ฆ like E-greeting cards (which you can make for free) & these stoooopid coloring booksโœ๏ธ ๐ŸŽจ โ€ฆlolโ€ฆ

Today I went ahead & spent 11,000 points on a $5.00 office max gift card (itโ€™s basically of little value by itself). Some of the few available $5.00 gift cards are worthlessโ€ฆlike on NIKEโ€ฆit wouldnโ€™t even pay for tax! ๐Ÿ˜„There are so few gift cards to use โ€˜points onlyโ€™ onโ€ฆ& often sold out even as Iโ€™m seeing them available for the1st time. Lately there hasnโ€™t been hardly anything to use points on for the whole month. Soโ€ฆ as I need to spend some points on somethingโ€ฆwhatโ€™s left I use 1,000 points on each contest that I could a actually use if I wonโ€ฆ.like today there are 10 worth enteringโ€ฆ& thatโ€™s 10,000 points โ€ฆso as I can only earn 7,500 pointsโ€ฆtherefore, my points balance is continually shrinking.

Anywayโ€ฆI hope there is some action on this.

As alwaysโ€ฆthe community here is full of many nice people.

Take care ~Allen

Regular Social Butterfly

Thanks for this post, Allen!

I have to wonder if it is a problem with AARP's "fulfillment outsource", that I contacted after being notified 11/22/2021 I won something...

HelloWorld.PNGSince receiving the notification, I emailed twice (two days apart) and finally included AARP as cc at which time finally receiving a response on 12/01/21. Since then, NOTHING.

I'm not sure why this was outsourced; I know some orgs believe that to be better, but in this case, I think we trusted AARP more when they did the work they promised?

But obviously something is broke here; AARP, please consider and move forward?

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
Gold Conversationalist

Hi @WebWiseWomanThanks for your reply.

Iโ€™ve had similar probs with helloworld on another website promo & basically it took 7 hours of phone callsโ€ฆmostly on hold!...on a dozen different days, with many reps & supervisors โ€ฆeach time assuring me that โ€œthe matter has been escalatedโ€ โ€ฆyah rightโ€ฆhahaโ€ฆโ€ฆ.& almost 5-6 months โ€ฆ.just to get what they said would arrive within โ€œno later than 6 - 8 weeks, tops!โ€ Soโ€ฆ..you canโ€™t blame everything on the virus!

Thanks again ~Allen

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@Therapist4u 

I know where you are coming from Allen with HelloWorld. Won a Carnival Sweeps back in the day with R4G and never got the plastic gift card. Either HelloWorld  or UPS or both of them had a hand in that fisco. Both blamed the other for the loss but neither would make it right. HelloWorld was the worst, rude, condescending, arrogant and even suggested I was lying ect ect. Got no use for them 

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Hi @rednexsrus

Thanks for your reply.

I agreeโ€ฆunfortunately they are running many websiteโ€™s promos & contestsโ€ฆ.so they have total control of many peopleโ€™s winnings & awardsโ€ฆtherefore they can treat us anyway they want & seem to not care about individualsโ€ฆas long as they get paid thru all their contracts.

Away, hope youโ€™re  doing well.

Take care ~Allen

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

6-8 wks seems to be the std response; so guess we'll have to wait for that.

One of the thoughts I have is @AARPLynne please pass on to ADMIN this is truly not acceptable policy. A sweeps win in Oct should not have to wait until Jan the next year, really... that's a #dotard time schedule...

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Therapist4u 

Hi Allen

Nice to meet you

*removed prior content*

๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿฅด   ๐Ÿฅถ๐Ÿ˜จ๐Ÿฅบ ๐Ÿ˜‰  ๐Ÿ™€ ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿฅฐ have a blessed week ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

Ginger  ;   )

Gold Conversationalist

Hi Ginger @gm5271 

Thanks for your reply.

Nice to meet you too.

Take care ~Allen โ˜ฎ๏ธ

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP