Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Periodic Contributor

Gift Cards are a SCAM

I am torn between the gift cards being an all-out SCAM or complete incompetence with their IT/website team. Some people get gift cards purchases to work, the majority do not (the boards are full of people with the same problem).  It could be AARP only has a limited supply and continues to advertise anyway, which means they are extremely deceitful.  I won't recommend AARP to ANYONE, ever.  Customer service refuses to help with the issue or simply avoids it.  Instead of escalating to a higher level they simply ghost the customer or say there's nothing additional they can do.  They practice shady business all the way around.  Otherwise, there would be complete resolution and not the same repeated problems over and over.

Community Concierge

Hi d655791g! Our checkout system requires that the name of the AARP account have the exact name on the credit card. Often us spouses will try to use our card and it will not process. If you purchased a card, they arrive in 24 hours. Often falling in the junk/spam folder. We are always here for our members, when they experience an issue and we are happy to help. -Sue J

0 Kudos
Contributor

I also bought a Jiffy lube egift card and the local Jiffy Lube could not process it. When I called the Jiffy Lube phone number, they said that they could not refund the money. When I called AARP, they hung up on me. It looks like I have lost the money, time, gas, and all causing much frustration due to the "egift card". This is difficult for an elderly low income person.

Community Concierge

Hello @nurseonmission , per our terms, gift cards purchased or redeemed through our program are non-refundable. The merchant, not AARP Rewards, determines whether the gift card is accepted or whether the terms for gift card use are changed. If a merchant refuses to accept a gift card, please work directly with them to resolve the issue. For additional information, please see AARP Terms and conditions: https://www.aarp.org/about-aarp/rewards-terms-and-conditions/?cmp=SNO-LITHIUM---&socialid=1351983031... - Daniela R.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP