Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Extra Credit Rewards...The least worst option(s) for points?

Social Butterfly

Extra Credit Rewards...The least worst option(s) for points?

The rewards for points tonight are all $10!!!  Woo hoo, huh?!?

It may just be my own preferences but I really liked to see the Walmart, Target, Sam's, CVS, Amazon, Kroger and other more popular stores.  Why must they be less popular cards to be $10?

I may be able to pass off the Bed, Bath & Beyond.  Maybe that is the least worse for me?  I also timidly redeemed the Red Robin "Gourmet" Burger Card (after looking up the menu; maybe I can get some fries with that card, a frugal appetizer, but not a burger.)

There may be a delay again for confirmations, as I got the second redemption confirmation and didn't get the first redemption confirmation (no bed, bath...confirm yet).

It is kind of disappointing after what seems like endless hours earning points all month.

Have a good day Folks!

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@rednexsrus I'm so sorry you are having trouble seeing the extra credit information for July.  It was messed up last night and I just kept clicking on things until I was able to see the required quiz's and videos, but, I went to bed shortly after posting the topic (I am on EST).  I really thought everything was settled by the time I got up this morning.

I'm sure you have tried everything to try to get the July information to come up.  I have had trouble with rewards screens before on a laptop.  Sometimes "Logging Out" of a rewards page and signing back in will help me.  This is just something I try that I find is more effective than clearing my cache and cookies (for the 100th time).  It may be not help at all, but, it is something I try from time to time.

I'm sorry you missed out on the rather poor Extra Credit rewards choices.  At least they were $10 cards.

Take care,

AndrewToo
Silver Conversationalist

Thanks for the comments and suggestions Andrew. I took your advice and it seem to clear things up. 

Thanks again

lucyp061351
Trusted Contributor

Hey Andrew... Red Robin is actually pretty good. I usually get a chicken sandwich. Burgers and sandwiches come with a bottomless side so I usually go with a friend and one of us gets fries and the other salad or broccoli and we share. They also do a free burger/sandwich during your birthday month of you are signed up with their rewards program. Enjoy!

I'm still waiting for the activities to appear so I can one...

Silver Conversationalist

The July Extra Credits did not show up for us either EST. We went to Redeem and clicked on the gift card(s) we wanted and the necessary activities showed up. There were three each we could use, so this household just saved $60. Thank you AARP!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Oooh... Figured it out... Have to click on the underlined text...

Silver Conversationalist

Yes, @MichelleM50204. Sorry I forgot to mention to click on the underlined text, not ‘start the lesson’. Give that a try @JoLo49 .

Super Contributor

Thanks for the tip Linda, I was confused for a while but got in and got two redemptions.  Saving my last one in case they post a gas-related points deal again, with the gas prices skyrocketing here that would come in handy!!

Anne

Silver Conversationalist

@LindaB671Thanks so much!  So excited to get the rewards!

Trusted Contributor

Linda...I was so excited to complete the activities and get my rewards I forgot to thank you for the tip!

Trusted Contributor

I tried that earlier and just tried again... didn't work for me.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Extra Credit has not appeared here yet either.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Andrew, this is really weird, its 12:30 am CDT and my Extra Credit Rewards have not appeared yet. There won't be anything left by the time they do show up and I complete them. Nothing but a bunch of SOLD OUT's. Oh well it's to be expected 

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Silver Conversationalist

I am replying to my own post here. I never really thought for a minute that this rewards program would go down the toilet even this soon. I am so outdone with this administrator (HelloWorld) and the way our program is being managed 😡 😡 😖 or not managed maybe.

It's now 12:57 pm CST and I still cannot access the July extra credit rewards for July. My page still shows June and all the extra credit tiles are dimmed out, BUT as I said earlier, EVERY SINGLE ONE SHOWS #@%😫 😫^))(& SOLD OUT, just as I predicted it would. I tried clicking on the underlying text, but that didn't work ??? Can you believe we are presented with lousey $5 GC's and then to have all of them SELL OUT in less than 6 HOURS ?????😫😫

Well, one consolation at least, I don't have to worry with completing the d**mn xtra credits for this month, no point to it. Seriously, I guess the only thing left for any of us to do is just SUCK IT UP or quit the program.

Nothing much AARP.org is going to do even if this administrator is so incompetent 

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Trusted Contributor

Hi, am curious when AARP started the first rewards program?

I have been in it about a year and thought it was wonderful in the beginning lots of good redemptions. unfortunately steady decline since then.  Redeem sweeps every day but have not won anything.  There are a lot of sweeps though, so many lucky people who win are probably very happy with the program even without many point redemptions, to them it won’t matter since they have gotten good prizes.

Trusted Contributor

My extra credit activities haven't appeared here yet either. How is it that some have access to them but not us?

Social Butterfly

Maybe this is a way to make us happy to see a $5 card from a store or website we actually use.

I like Walmart cards because I can use them for medicine co-pays.  I don't need to buy jacketed-up Foot Locker or Nike brand athletic shoes to stay healthy.  I can easily buy healthy medicine from Walmart (and shoes too, if needed!)

@a170938b good luck at finding something that you want.  I still have one redemption to use.

Thanks

AndrewToo
Conversationalist

All extra credit rewards are useless to me this month as my preferences are the same as yours. I will wait for more useful for points only items that might hopefully appear during the month.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP