Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Extra Credit Deals Insulting Waste of Time

Gold Conversationalist

Extra Credit Deals Insulting Waste of Time

I try to be positive but this is too much.  Sat up until midnight EST to do the extra credit deals.  They are all for $5!!!   With a limit of three, that means spending hours earning points for $15 value over the course of a month.  A $5 Amazon card now costs more than the $10 one was in January.   

This is what happens when so many members have been recruited to the program and no funding to support them apparently.    I am really embarrassed I've recommended this program to friends.  I did get value from it at the beginning.   This is ridiculous.

Bronze Conversationalist

@KatieK813364 wrote:

Terrible! What a waste of my time now if it’s going to be $5. $15 was ok, but this is a slap in the face! 

The reward program is officially dead. I am grateful for the rewards I got and it was well worth me paying a 5-year membership but now it is time to move on.

Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

Wow!  I am stunned by the extra credit rewards!  I am obviously just a chump for believing this program would, at the very least, provide the limited value available compared to last month.  Don't get me wrong; last month was bad; I just didn't expect $5 rewards this month!  And, I couldn't even get three from the same issuer.

And, this is a rewards program?!?

Note: allowing three $5 rewards from the same issuer would have blunted the disappointment, somewhat, I guess.

AndrewToo
Contributor

$5 rewards and you can only buy one

At least 3 for $15 would be a little more appealing 

Conversationalist

What's even more insulting is ---------- I redeemed 24,000 points for the Walmart card and now a half hour later I have not received the email with the ecard!!!!!  Twice the points and then no card at all  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I didn't think it could get worse.  Just shows you how wrong I can be.

I did get the Amazon card before I got the Walmart one.  And the Amazon email arrived.  So 2 redemptions and 1 card.  I now have 1 redemption left.  Probably won't find one of the random cards few cards that they post during the month.  I figured something was better than nothing.  But I even spent points and got nothing.

Conversationalist

An Update on not receiving my Walmart card:  I called this morning and the woman I talked to (Susan) could see that I had redeemed the offer but the email was hung up for some reason.  She said she would resend it and it showed up immediately.  So at least I got my overpriced (large number of points required for a $5 card) card.

Gold Conversationalist

@shamit   The last instant win I got was for Walmart.  Forgot to redeem it when daring to go in Walmart until about a week ago.   With a line forming behind me, it was rejected, saying I'd redeemed it already.  I hadn't.  Never again.  Glad you are getting your redemption!

Conversationalist

Agreed. The Extra-Credit $5 points-only Amazon card will set you back an outrageous 25,000 points. A few days ago, a $10 points-only Amazon card required only 22,000 points. This is progress?!?

Bronze Conversationalist

@garyfish49 wrote:

Agreed. The Extra-Credit $5 points-only Amazon card will set you back an outrageous 25,000 points. A few days ago, a $10 points-only Amazon card required only 22,000 points. This is progress?!?

The sad thing is that members bought the $5 amazon gift card as it was sold out. I would rather wait and see if something better comes out. Not holding my breath though.

If they are only going to issue $5 gift cards, you might as well use your points on sweepstakes. It is a sad reality to what this program has become.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP