Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Earning potential vs redemption potential.

Conversationalist

Earning potential vs redemption potential.

Is anyone having an issue where they could spend more points than they can possibly earn?  Even if there were more items I could purchase, and there are, the monthly limits prohibit me from using my points to buy them.  I know that the limits have been adjusted a little recently, but even then, it seems like I can only use about 10% of the points I am capable of earning each month.

I wish my real income had the same ratio to expenses, then I wouldn't even bother with the little bit of savings I can get with AARP Rewards as it is now.

Somebody at AARP, even if from home, should have the capability to look at the average number of points in member's accounts, for those that have been in since the big switch. And then look at how often they reach their redemption limits each month.  With that information, a decision to relax the limits or reduce the points that can be earned could be made, preferably the former, maybe a combination of the two.

Conversationalist

@AARPTerri 

Does AARP have any control at all for what the company that runs the Rewards Program offers for redemption?  If not then the only option is to stay with them or don't stay with them. You could always go back to Deluxe and maybe with a new contract, do away with the tiered auction system.  That was the crux of most of the complaints with the old system.

Three options:

1. You answer my question.

2. You don't answer my question.

3. You delete this post.

The latter two pretty much answers the question, in that AARP has no control over what we can spend our points on. If you do bother to answer that AARP does not have control, can you at least tell us if AARP is locked into a contract with Hello World for a long period of time?

Russ

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I am finding the "rewards" less and less interesting and inviting.  In the past, I would often enter the  sweepstakes but when I never won anything, I decided it was a waste of time.  I do very occasionally win a daily instant win but what does someone actually do with $5.

I also thought that during  Covid 19 AARP should allow people to redeem more than 3 items per month.  Admittedly, there are months when I can't even find 3 to redeem but other months I miss out waiting to see what might be offered.  While waiting, something I could have redeemed disappears.

I realize that a lot of people will say that I should stop complaining - after all it is free.  But this site used to be fun until everything changed and not for the better.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

the petsupplies store is a complete rip off. It takes 3-4 weeks for your order to get shipped!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I think AARP Rewards needs to introduce something that would be more thrilling and could use points: the auctions. I miss the AARP for GOOD of course (having been replaced by such an inferior product as AARP Rewards) but I might miss the Daily Deal and the Auctions the most; I wish they would come back as they were (The current Daily Deal is nothing like the previous one),

Regular Social Butterfly

@a170938b wrote:

I think AARP Rewards needs to introduce something that would be more thrilling and could use points: the auctions. I miss the AARP for GOOD of course (having been replaced by such an inferior product as AARP Rewards) but I might miss the Daily Deal and the Auctions the most; I wish they would come back as they were (The current Daily Deal is nothing like the previous one),

I didn't even know until earlier this year that "Rewards" were actually rewards 🙃 so I don't know what was previously offered.

Since finding that information, I go daily and earn points; enter sweeps; have yet to find any "discount" I could actually use, but that's just me (I'm a simple person, retired, only need food and shelter)...

I do, however, question why only 1 each AARP Foundation donation (either poverty or "social isolation") is allowed?

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Conversationalist

I had been stocking up with Uber "cards/dollars in account" after using it for the first time last fall.  When the pandemic/quarantine started I used all the funds in the account getting Cracker Barrel meals delivered by Uber Eats. Now they stopped having Uber e-cards available.  

They did have Door Dash a couple times, and I used that, but with the monthly limits, it's harder to get a good wholesome meal delivered.  My next CB meal may have to come from cards from another site that I was able to purchase for a ten percent discount, like AARP used to have.  I will just have to go out and pick up the meal at the door.  That site is more difficult to get points on, though, so I am limited there, too.

@AARPTeri , if you want to really help us retired folk on fixed budgets during this pandemic, please put up more Uber(can be used for Eats), Door Dash, and maybe even Grub Hub offers, and dump the limits, or at least add to it.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP