Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

Display of Sold Out rewards

As of today, 12/3/20 there are 15 Sold Out rewards listed. This is annoying at best for anybody trying to participate in the AARP Rewards program as it increases the chances of users missing an available points only reward by having to scroll through all the rewards that are no longer valid. Additionally, as another member mentioned, one may lose the chance of getting an available reward but will miss out as the item will become sold out in the time it takes to scroll through the unavailable ones.

Having Sold Out rewards display on the same day that they sold out is acceptable as it provides a status for those looking for that item. However displaying them for a week now is just bad practices. I for one am starting to lose interest as it appears that there are just old rewards which are no longer available. This should be a simple software fix for your developers. Please encourage them to tidy up the listed rewards.

Thank you.

Contributor

New month, August 2021 and everything is SOLD OUT!

Honored Social Butterfly

@JoanRich I just posted something about that, here, with a screenshot. lol My oh my. 😂

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Redemption/Are-quot-Points-Only-quot-Gift-Cards-Gone-Forever/m-p/24205...

Conversationalist

It is now 12/21 and there are now 26 'sold out' items listed. Just thought I'd let AARP Rewards know in case they lost track.

Will these be removed when we roll into a new month? Or will they constantly be displayed just to annoy this old person who hates scrolling through them?

Periodic Contributor

I agree.  Also I got on the redeem page at 12:01 and the daily deal was already "Sold Out". Even though it said "few left".  It frustrating to visit the page daily and never be able to buy items let alone win anything. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I couldn't agree more!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Add me to the list of people not being able to redeem their full allotment of monthly rewards redemptions. I was lucky to redeem 1 on 12/1/20. Looks like I will lose out on the other two. Same thing happened in October.

Now, in another Topic in Redemptions, Community Concierge AARPJanelleM has told @k380494p that they can only redeem 1 of each gift card offered by a sponsor. I know this is not true as I redeemed quite a few in multiples of 2 gift cards per sponsor just in the last few months. Confusing why she would tell them that.

XXXXXXXXX

Just Saying 🤢🤢

lucyp061351
Honored Social Butterfly

I also remain on 'the list.' 😉  I just replied on the 1x redeem per points only offer -- I have tagged @AARPJanelleM as well. Hopefully, she can help in the overall understanding, either nothing has changed, or the redemptions have changed and you can only redeem one time per points only gift card. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kudos
Views
Community Concierge

@rednexsrus @KellytheBelly This change went into effect on December 11. Point-Only items are now limited to 1 item per person. The monthly limit has not changed, and you can still redeem a total of 3 Point-Only items per month. After selecting the item, the Product Detail page will display messaging: it is limited to 1 per person. The limit of 3 redemptions per month includes points-only merchandise, gift cards, and Daily Deals.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I just complained about not removing sold out items in an AARP survey.  Not that I think it will make a difference but you never know.  I just find it discouraging.  It is mid December and I haven't been able to use any of my points. I used to wish you could get more than 3 items - now I can't even get one.

Honored Social Butterfly

Add me to the list of the possibility of not being able to use my 3 redeems this month! 'Tis the season? Bah humbug! 😞 

Conversationalist

As of noon 12/24, there is now a points only Dominos gift card available. 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

A Safeway Gift Card just popped up for points only if you live near one.

Silver Conversationalist

Thanks, @BeachGirl23  for the alert.  Unfortunately, I missed it and could have used it.

Gold Conversationalist

@BeachGirl23   Thanks for pointing this out.   I don't live near one, either, but it is good for someone who does.   I had to look hard for it.  It didn't come up under the filter for no points items.    

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Add me to the list as well. Seeing it is the middle of the month with the major holiday coming up next week, I'm thinking I will get nothing this month. Bah humbug indeed!

Super Contributor

same here

got points 

everything sold out

Conversationalist

Also go to Playbook (it's an item listed toward the top of any screen), scroll down to the red gift box and click on it. You can get a $5 Dunkin Donuts gift card for points only. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you .  I tried this but  it either keeps spinning  or says item not found in system.  I'll keep trtying.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

There is a $20 Target card for points only this morning.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Not anymore. I checked at 11 AM EST and nothing new. By the time I got your notice about it, they were sold out. 

Thank you for the heads up. 

Conversationalist

I am sorry you missed it.I posted as soon as I saw it.It was limited to one per person but with a few thousand people online it went fast it seems.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

It's all good. Maybe I'll get one next time.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I just went back to the Dunkin $5 for points only and was able to pick it up.

Thanks

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist

Yeah!!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

A Build a Bear points only card just came up as well as $20 gift cards for points only to PhoneSoap. These do nothing for me but maybe you can use them. Good luck.

Conversationalist

I think they are leaving the Sold Out Rewards so it shows what was there throughout the month.Some had complained they were no extra rewards added since they are gone so quickly most never saw the added rewards after the midnight launch of the new monthly rewards on the 1st.There is likely 100 or less added daily for the new reward and since there are thousands on the site at any given time those rewards are gone within minutes.So unless you scored one then others have no way of knowing anything new was added.Maybe they can add a folder later just for the Sold Out Rewards offered for that month.That would be helpful for sure but also allow all to see what was actually here for redemption.

Super Contributor

i agree

we need to see available for points first

im getting nothing

all the ones i can use are sold out

Silver Conversationalist

I'm wondering why duplicate "sold out" listings are shown (i.e. Williams Sonoma, Sephora, and Quiznos) which adds to confusion if these rewards were offered more than once??  AARP tech support can add a drop down filter for those who want to see past rewards they missed.

Silver Conversationalist

@HokiePoq 

Well, here it is Dec. 10th and there is still nothing new added to the “points only” category, or in the Members Only department. 😪 Was hoping for a little “something-something” by this time, Oh well no surprise there. 

c’est la vie

I happen to come upon your post of 12/9 where you mentioned that the Carrabras reward card could be used at Outback & Bonefish.

At the time I wasn’t aware of that. In my post on 12/4 I slighted Carrabras putting it in a class with UNO Pizza and others. 😫 What I was trying to get across was my frustration that our restaurant, along with our Outback in Jackson, MS. had closed due to this horrible pandemic. 😡  

I still have a Blooming Brands ecard I redeemed a few months back. I did check it out & saw where it was good at all three locations.

So Sad, the fast food places will do OK, but the dine in restaurants that survive will be changed forever. 😪 Maybe I will get to use it sometime in the future.

Just Saying

Have a nice day

lucyp061351
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP