Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Daily Instant Win Gift Card

Iโ€™m new to AARP Rewards. Today I won the Daily Instant Win $5 Bed Bath & Beyond gift card. How do I get it? Do I have to visit a special page to claim it? Do they automatically send me an e-gift card? Do they mail me a gift card? Iโ€˜m at a loss. Please help a newbie out.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thanks, Lauren. I now have my July Instant Win Gift Card.

But it brings up two questions:

1. Why is there a PM option on these forums? What is there to be PRIVATE about in a Community Forum?

2. And if you do want to be private, why not use my email address so I can get it anytime without having to sign in to AARP? PS Found 4 PMs starting on 8/17 in my "personal" message file.

Also, you mentioned sending me an new email: it never made it. Your rewards program app has a wrong address for me that should have been corrected last year with the first card problem.

My profile address of record is correct and has not changed in all the years I've been a member, and most recently the Dunkin Donuts card got to that address of record hours after the notice of winning.

So, I guess, if I win another Bed Bath And Beyond Instant Reward...we'll be talking to each other, again.

Social Butterfly

@ness23456 

Hey Ness

As I posted they use PM to contact rarely it is mostly used by folks who wish message folks we meet in the Community here. 

Only know from here don't have their personal email & etc but if become friends can get info in Messages area. I've used it for years since been on community very nice helpful & safe tool to connect with other members without risking giving personal info till desire to. I've connected with several folks through years of being active on community... hope you connect with others also if your desire. 

Glad you finally got your card

AARP uses our email that's linked to our accounts for most all contact.... just when we are contacting helpers on community those helpers use community PM

Also all my community emails from posts I'm subscribed to are going to my email spam box been issue couple months hopefully go back working like had for years. 

Hope this helps explain things I mentioned I'm a member not employed by AARP 

Enjoy your weekend

Ginger  ;  )

Community Concierge

@ness23456 Let me know if you do not receive the email today- our servers are back up and running and you should see an email from us with the link. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPLaurenA 

Hi Lauren

FYI 

It would've been nice if you'd written out "private message" instead of PM to poster here...please don't make assumption all know this community site has Private Message available on Community page

Also my Community notification emails have been going to Spam for months not my New Email box.... and just noticed some I'm not receiving at all...7 last 2 days I should've gotten to my subscribed threads didn't get anywhere (spam or new)

All other AARP emails of newsletters are received as always in new email

Maybe you can help find out why this happening for many members (there's another thread about  this issue) Thanks

Enjoy day 

Ginger  ;  )

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @ness23456 

This is so ๐Ÿ˜ข

Only a 100 cards for available and nobody able to track in 30 minutes and correct the issue.  AARP Rewards is a nightmare.

Hopefully you get your rewards๐Ÿ˜ด

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Note, also, AARP personnel spend more time TELLING me they will respond, than actually responding.

Two of the many things ailing modern America: people don't take responsibility, and don't do their jobs.

I'll live without a $5 gift card, but renewing my AARP membership is now a harder decision.

Or maybe someone at AARP thinks I'm trying to deceive them? For $5?

PS Where is management on this issue?

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@ness23456 

I had an issue last year and was having a similar problem.After waiting a couple of months or more I finally called them.The gentleman I spoke with did a troubleshoot while I was on the phone with him.Apparently the forum had submitted the problem but for some reason a glitz had not sent it on to where it needed to go to be taken care of.The problem was solved the next day..Sounds as if that may be happening with your reward also.I would suggest a phone call to customer service.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thanks for your reply but I've lost all desire to put the time in. This same thing happened to me last year and I did exactly what you did to get it resolved. Its all in the Forum records, here, if you want to see it. It took months of posts, emails, and phone calls. Last Year. Hours of time. For $5.

And now its happening, again?

Enough time has been spent, already, on this current event but it was always to get AARP personnel to see the problem, do their customer service, and NOT let it happen, again.

But....no luck. A by-product of aging is that I am no longer willing to suffer the frustration--and anger--generated when a simple problem becomes too complex for the workers of an organization to handle.

When my 5 year membership is up, I will not renew, and life will be simpler with less frustration, anger, and disappointment about the state of modern America corporations.

AARP is not the only organization with this problem but one would think AARP would be a more sensitive to the time, effort, and well-being of their MEMBERS than other large corporations would of their CUSTOMERS.

As a famous messianic genius once said: "It is what it is."

Sadly.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

FYI for any interested party:

As of 8/25/2020 STILL NO RESPONSE.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ness23456 - Hi Robert- We sent you a PM with the link to the BBB gift card- I have sent you an email as well with the link. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

What is a "PM" and I have not received anything, yet, as of 7AM 8/26.

If PM is a Personal Message, there is a SPAM filter on my Samsung phone and if marked POSSIBLE SPAM, I will not accept it.

Also, keep in mind, I recently won--and successfully received the same day--a Dunkin Donuts $5 Gift Card: in other words things work on my end.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ness23456 We sent a private message through the community and sent you an email yesterday as well.  We did have some techincal issues yesterday that may not have gotten to you.  Please let us know if you don't see an email within the next few days. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@ness23456 

Hey there

Lauren shouldn't have put PM without explaining what meant or is...๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿ˜จ

Sorry you've been put through ringer for a lost card

The Community site has a Private Message (PM) available on its page... just look for envelope link on upper left side of this forum page... you should see it...if any number there means you've received a new message(just click it'll open up message) also usually get email notification you've received new message on site 

You can use this as an community emailing service 

Example: you meet someone during posting in community that'd you'd like contact personally share email addresses or personal info (these get deleted if post on threads) you/they can connect with PM... also can 'friends' folks it'll save them on your page for easy contact and also can block folks if ever have issue with others or don't care see their posts.

Plus Community helpers use to contact us when trying help with issues or any reason need be. 

Hope this helps

Take care stay safe 

Ginger ;  )

Trusted Social Butterfly

@RoxieB11411 

You should get an email with instructions to claim.  Check your Spam folder.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@RoxieB11411 

Did you get your Bed Bath & Beyond eCard? I got mine right away with no problems. In fact this makes about 3 I have managed to capture lately.

FYI: The August issue of Better Homes & Garden has a 20% discount coupon good until 9/14/20 that you can use with your eCard.

I have been giving mine to my daughter as she likes to shop with Bed Bath & Beyond.

Good Luck

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Still no word about Bed, Bath, and Beyond win. Just people reminding me to look in my Spam folder.

Is anyone at AARP reading these posts? Should I contact the third party like I last time?

All the original posts from last year are still here.

Robert Stack

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ness23456  Robert, did you get the initial email confirmation of your win for the Bed, Bath, and Beyond card on July 17?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

No. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Zip.

Just like last year.

Robert Stack

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Still nothing. In case anyone at AARP cares....

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ness23456 We are looking into this issue and the Escalations team will contact you within 5 business days. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Still no word about the $5 Bed Bath and Beyond gift card as of 8/5/2020.

Robert Stack

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Robert, thank you so much for letting us know that you haven't heard back yet. I have sent the information directly to the Escalations Team to follow up with you within the next 5 business days. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work to get to the bottom of this issue. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Still no word about the Bed Bath and Beyond win.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi Robert, I appreciate you getting back to us. The escalations team is working to respond to you within 5 business days. Please allow until Wednesday August 12 to hear back from them. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

8/18/2020 and still no word...from anyone....at all. over a month...for $5.

Or did you mean August 12, 2021?

In fact, forget it. Wasting time.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Still no word as of 7 am August 13.

Robert Stack

PS Won $5 Dunkin Donuts last week and had it in 4 hours, same day.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the update.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@RoxieB11411 if you received a real-time message letting you know that you've won the Daily Instant Win, you'll get an email with your digital reward within 24 hours. No, you don't have to visit a special page to claim it.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

On 7/17/2020 I won a Bed, Bath and Beyond Instant Win but have note received any email about it as of 7/21/20. The same thing happened when I won last year.

Can someone tell me why?

The rewards group resent it last year and I received the second email successfully.

Also, where is an updated Sweepstakes Winners List, or were there no winners since 5/30/20?

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP