Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Daily Deals for the week of 8/9 - 8/13/2021

Community Manager
Community Manager

Daily Deals for the week of 8/9 - 8/13/2021

Monday, August 9th:  Lowe's!  Save 30% on a $10 gift card.

Tuesday, August 10th:  Chili's!  Save 30% on $10 gift card.

Wednesday, August 11th:   Auto Zone!  Save 30% on $10 gift card.

Thursday, August 12th:  Safeway!  Save 30% on $10 gift card.

Friday, August 13th:  Top Golf! Save 30% on $20 gift card.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Another day of frustration today trying to purchase the Safeway Daily Deal.  I got the deal into the cart, but unsuccessful again to complete the transaction.  I got the dreaded "something went wrong" message with the option to try again or call AARP.  I started the process again because "there were a few left", but again with no luck.  Because of my unsuccessful attempts, I got a message stating that I only have "2 purchases left for the month", however, I have not made any purchases in the month of August.  My transaction history shows that I have not made any purchases in August and should still have 5 purchases remaining.  Because of the failed attempts to purchase, do they count as a purchase? 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi @AARPTeri 

I am having problems purchasing the daily deals recently.  Once the item is in the cart, I am having problems checking out and get the message "something went wrong, and to call AARP".  It appears the system is unable to handle the traffic to check out.  If I am unable to purchase the daily deal, the deal remains in the cart until the next time I want to make a purchase.  I have had a problem removing the "old" deal from the cart and need to check in advance that I'm starting with an empty cart when starting a new purchase.  Hope tech support can fix the issues with the daily deal checkout procedure.  It's  frustrating to get the item into the cart and then can't complete the transaction.  Perhaps, a change can be made to not allow the deal to go into the cart when enough people have added the deal to their cart to allow ample time to check out and complete the transaction.   If the deal is in the cart, then we should be able to purchase with ample time.  Appreciate your help to make the daily deal process less frustrating.

Community Concierge

@JoLo49 Sometimes this error may appear if you're attempting to make a purchase using a credit or debit card in someone else's name or if the billing address for your card doesn't match what is on your AARP account. This error may also pop up if you have reached your gift card purchase limit (5 per month). We recommend verifying the following information before trying to complete the purchase again: be sure the name/address on your card matches your AARP account, the card has not expired, there are sufficient funds on the card to complete the purchase and you have not reached your gift card purchase limit for the month. 

If this issue persists, please let me know so we can escalate it to the appropriate team for review. 

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM  I have not purchased any gift cards this month (August 2021), and when I tried to purchase a Daily deal yesterday, there was a message saying I only have 2 purchases left for the month instead of 5.  There were some failed attempts to purchase the daily deals, but none of the purchases were able to be completed.  I checked again today and made sure no items were remaining in the cart, however, still a message saying I only have 2 purchases remaining when I should have 5.   I hope tech support can look into this and fix.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AARPJanelleM  This error happens only when attempting to purchase a "popular" daily deal, and the site cannot handle the traffic to complete the transaction and gets timed out.  I haven't reached my gift card purchase limit of 5 as this is the first gift card I was trying to purchase this month.   Credit card information, name, and address are all correct with no problem with sufficient funds being in the account. This was only a $7 purchase.  I am only having issues on the AARP site with my credit card purchase.  There are no problems on my end, and it's an issue that AARP needs to look into and fix.  The daily deals are very frustrating to purchase, and the small amount of savings ($3) is not worth the frustration. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JoLo49 I was able to escalate this to be reviewed. Please allow up to 3-5 business days to receive an email from our team. I'm always here to help!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Thanks, @AARPJanelleM .  I only have issues completing a transaction during the times I try to purchase a popular daily deal.  It seems the site can't handle the traffic.  I am able to add the item into the cart, enter my payment info, and then I get the dreaded "something went wrong" message and to call AARP.  There's not enough time to complete the transaction.  The item remains in the cart, and it is sometimes hard to remove. There were issues in the past completing a popular daily deal transaction, but after changes were made on the site recently, the issues are even more problematic. If you read my original post, I am hoping that when enough people have added the deal to the cart, then  others should not be able to add the deal to the cart.  There should be ample time for those who have the deal in their carts to be able to complete the transaction.  The deal for the Panera Bread daily deal from last week was still in my cart when I tried to make a daily deal purchase this week.  Both times I was unsuccessful purchasing the daily deal, so as others have posted,  there's too much frustration and not bother with the daily deals.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

It has indeed happened to me in the very same circumstances. I believe I have mentioned it on this forum a few months ago. Because it is so frustrating, I usually do not bother with the daily deal anymore. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP