Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Contributor

Daily Deal Fail

I logged in at noon to get the Lowes Daily Deal,  I went all the way to checkout, and then was told that the card was no longer available, at 12:01???  I logged out and tried again, and got this message

We’re working to get more inventory

This item is currently out of stock

Now I am a retired IT person and can probably write a macro program to get through all the screens as quickly as I can, but I want to be fair, maybe others aren't????  For a deal to be sold out in less than a minute?? AARP should look into this

Silver Conversationalist

@KennethG683811 

All of these problems lie squarely with this Administrator, Merkle Inc, aka HelloWorld. They definitely need looking into but AARP.org for some odd reason is looking the other way. So disappointing !!!!  I know AARP is aware of all that is going on with this rewards program. I suppose they are just unconcerned about their members. SO SAD !! 😫 😫

Just Saying     

lucyp061351
Conversationalist

I think something is seriously wrong with trying to get these daily deals.  Earlier this month I kept getting "There is a problem with your payment, try again."  After a few attempts I called the number provided on the screen and was told to try again.  Some result.  I didn't get the card but my credit card had 7 hits for pending charges of $7 each. My husband tried to get that card too and also had 7 hits of pending charges.  So $98 of pending charges but no card.  At least the charges never posted.  But how could the pending charges be there if there was really a problem with my payment.  Something sounds wrong there.

Today I get proxy error after entering all my credit card information.  I hit the back button and try again.  Enter the payment information all over again and get the same result.  I have fast internet and am on a desktop.  I got most of the cards (not all) until this month.  Something smells fishy.  Too many errors.  I bet the cards ended up in the hands of non AARP members.  

Silver Conversationalist

In many attempts with the daily deals,  I have encountered payment issues and errors for the past several months with no resolution.  AARP support was not helpful even though my issue was escalated to the Ombudsman Team at 1-877-634-8313.   It's interesting you got "pending" charges on the credit card.  Hopefully, your purchase went through to get the daily deal.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Well I got a big surprise.  I ended up receiving the Lowes card.  The charge went through and then the email showed up.  Very strange that when I tried I got a proxy error and went back and entered the payment information again and was told it was sold out.  I don't understand how this site has so many problems.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I just checked my credit card and guess what there is a $14 pending charge for AARP Rewards.  They get to putting the charge through and then have some technical difficulty that results in me not getting the card.  Twice in 1 month.  I hope this is not a continuing problem, but with this site it just might be.

Trusted Contributor

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

They must have had a problem, it is available now, try again

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

How could that happen??  The deal is supposed to be available from 12-2pm

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP