Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Silver Conversationalist

DSW Daily Deal Gone in Seconds!

Very disappointed that this daily deal was gone in a matter of seconds.  I successfully added it to the cart and had trouble getting the payment page to load and lost the deal.  These type of deals should not be offered if there is not enough supply to meet the demand.  Once the deal is successfully added to the cart, there should be ample time to complete the transaction with payment. 

Kudos
Views
Replies
Silver Conversationalist

@JoLo49 

I expect things will be very chaotic come Monday with the 30% discount deals and something like 5 different deals being offered at random times during the day.

Join us on Cyber Monday (11/28) for five special Daily Deals! From noon-4PM ET, find a new deal every hour featuring 30% off your favorite brands, including Bed Bath & Beyond, Wayfair, Belk, NFL Shop, and Crate & Barrel. Check back hourly to snag these hot deals – while supplies last.

Me, I don't plan on participating.  😫 

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Lucy,

I'm not participating either as it's not worth the frustration and disappointment.  I don't understand why these deals are offered to non-members when there is not enough supply to satisfy the paying members.   The age requirement to participate in AARP Rewards is 18 years or older, so go figure the amount of people qualified to participate in these deals.

Conversationalist

Are the Daily Deals (DD's) open to the hordes of freeloading NON-MEMBERS as well as to the dues-paying MEMBERS who financially support AARP and its activities? If so, that would explain the rapid disappearance of DD's... and it's painfully obvious what course of action would help mitigate this problem.

Silver Conversationalist

@garyfish49  Hi Gary

Not sure this site will survive the onslaught from that greedy horde you mentioned come Monday with this Daily Deal promo. If by some miracle the web site does manage to stay up,then my hats off to the tech support guys for a change. 

Join us on Cyber Monday (11/28) for five special Daily Deals! From noon-4PM ET, find a new deal every hour featuring 30% off your favorite brands, including Bed Bath & Beyond, Wayfair, Belk, NFL Shop, and Crate & Barrel. Check back hourly to snag these hot deals – while supplies last.

I don't plan on participating in this event, I just hope I will be able to login and do other stuff. 

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Periodic Contributor

I agree - Daily Deals are just Ads.  I gave up a while ago even looking at them.  I think there should be a truth in advertising law that Daily Deals should last at least an hour.  Monthly Deals at least a day.   Any deal that has a value greater than $2 seems to sell out right away.   I basically just do the midnight rush to get any usable monthly deal before they sell out on the 1st of every month.  

I think about just giving up on rewards.  I have made out good - I get $5 to $10 worth of free gift cards every month for a membership that costs very little but the good gift cards are hard to come by and sell out really fast.  

Maybe Daily Deal should be Daily Lottery or something and make it more random like the instant wins.  

Silver Conversationalist

I agree, Daily Deal should be a random lottery like the Instant Wins and last throughout the day.  It seems whenever there is a Daily Deal that is popular, the website has issues because of the amount of traffic trying to access the site.  The site already has multiple of issues, so this just adds more problems.

Super Contributor

@DeborahK182199 

I quit the daily deals when they stoped offering deals for points only

Gold Conversationalist

@BillD916633 So did I.  It is obvious that the companies are giving these certificates to Hello World or selling them at deep discount.   To save $3 is not worth it.   The DSW one the OP is talking about is the only one I've seen with a 50% discount.    I used to enjoy my $5 freebies!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP