Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Carnival gift card warning

Ok, guys. It’s been years - literally, YEARS - and AARP has done jack squat to fix whatever issue is going on with the gift cards. Just an FYI - There are other websites that are much easier to use that offer the same discount. Most people I have talked to get their cards with no issue but there are a LOT of people like me who called and waited multiple times and didn’t get a refund for weeks after purchase. Use AARP to buy gift cards at your own risk. 

Periodic Contributor

Yes, they are absolutely ridiculous. Paid $900 for my gift cards and 2 days later haven’t received them. I called AARP and they’re saying 3-5 business days before they’ll even investigate the issue. I told them to just release the funds back to my card because it’s still in “pending status” and they said they don’t do refunds. So I paid for a product that they refuse to give me and they won’t give my $900 back either. I’m not waiting 5 days, I will lose my carnival booking at 3pm today and they just don’t care. I’m cancelling the whole AARP membership as this is SO RIDICULOUS. I WARN YOU…DO NOT purchase gift cards through AARP!!!!!!!!!!!

Community Concierge

Hi ThomasP765869, sorry to hear you're having issues with receiving your carnival gift cards. I'm happy to check the status of the escalation to see when your gift cards will be available. I will need to send me your email in a private message. You can send that message here https://m.me/aarp - Zainab M

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

No. I’ve already talked to 5 different people about this matter. I’m not emailing or messaging you. I’m posting this comment from my account and if you can’t help from there then you can’t help. The charge has posted on my account and if I don’t have my gift cards in my email by noon, I will dispute the charges for fraud. That is all.

@AARPConsumerCare wrote:

Hi ThomasP765869, sorry to hear you're having issues with receiving your carnival gift cards. I'm happy to check the status of the escalation to see when your gift cards will be available. I will need to send me your email in a private message. You can send that message here https://m.me/aarp - Zainab M

Contributor

Hello. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I’m having the same issue right now but the charge is still pending on my account. Did you ever get your cards?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi @JasmineW305097, I see you reached out earlier today and our team is reviewing the information. You should hear from them within 3-5 business days. - Diana G.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

No. It’s been 8 days and literally haven’t heard from them. I’ve called multiple times, used the chat, email and this forum. I disputed the charges on my credit card.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank you for posting this. It seems like this is a common issue from looking at google. I joined to be able use the “benefits” of the rewards site for gift cards for travel. We’re having the same issue. Telling all my family and friends not to join to save them the aggravation.

Periodic Contributor

I totally agree. It took over a month countless calls and chats plus getting sent to the "escalation" department for gift cards over a month ago. They said it must be an issue with my email address. I finally got them when they sent them from a different address. 

I changed my email for my account and tried again over 2 weeks ago and still nothing. Once again moved to the so called escalation department, but it is exhausting. I would get them quicker if they would just mail them to my house. 

Funny thing, I looked at the posts here and see that I had the same issues in 2019! 

I wish I could find the discounted cards somewhere else but Allstate doesn't have the rewards program that they used to and I don't see them on the sites that you listed.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

The cost of the cards is not consistent with New Egg and Raise, unfortunately. Right now, Raise has discounted cards but the discount is meh, but New Egg has $50 off $500.

Periodic Contributor

Could you expand on what the "issue" is exactly and why you requested a refund? Also, are Allstate and Newegg selling discounted cards? I saw Newegg selling them for face value.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Allstate recently ended their rewards program.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Raise.com

Allstate

New Egg

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP