Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Carnival Gift card not received

I purchased a $500 carnival gift card yesterday morning. I called and spoke to someone and was promised I would receive it within 24 hours. My cruise needs to be paid off by 4:30am tomorrow and I planned to use the giftcard towards the balance. It has been 27 hours since I purchased the gift card, I have called and spoken to two different people. The second person said it was flagged as "high priority" and would be reviewed within an hour. That was 3 hours ago. I have not received my gift card and was denied a refund. This is ridiculous and I will have wasted $450 since I did not receive it in the time frame promised by AARP. Additionally, Yes I have checked my SPAM/ Junk folder repeatedly. 

Community Concierge

@LaurieC828137 I'm terribly sorry for any frustration this has caused, Laurie. Our escalations team is working on your case that was created this morning and you can expect to hear back within 3 days. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank you for replying, however 3 days does not help me when my cruise payment is due by tonight.

Periodic Contributor

SAME ISSUE except for Princess Cruises.

Everyone else receives their cards within minutes. On the other hand, we are asked to wait 24 hours, then wait another 3-5 business days. I am also under a similar time constraint. About to lose my booking due to this.

Periodic Contributor

Did you ever get your issue resolved? I'm currently having the same issue with Princess gift card purchase and filed a dispute with my credit card today. 

Periodic Contributor

Yes, I eventually got my gift cards. This is an issue with AARP.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP