Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Are "Points Only" Gift Cards Gone Forever?

Trusted Social Butterfly

Are "Points Only" Gift Cards Gone Forever?

Hello Community,

I'm sure I heard that this program would be better, but I haven't seen but (2) Points Only deals in the All Rewards section of Redeem.  It's for the Modern Way to Stay Healthy Medicine Container for 65,000 points and 15,000 pt. Water BottleSmiley Sad  

Am I looking in the wrong place for the Points Only Cards?  Please someone let me know.

@AARPTeri are there any cards, if so where are they?  Will there be any?  Thanks for your help in advance.

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

Social Butterfly

Redeemption of Points Only for Gift Cards Wanted.

Thanks,

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

Managers please read, bumping back to top.  Thanks

Have a Blessed Day

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Rewards Warriors,

Bumping this back to the top for a response from @AARPBriana , @AARPJodeeR , @AARPTeri & @sandy Community Managers and Administration.

Members post your request for (Points Only) gift card amounts and types on this thread. What do you want?

Hopefully they will get the message and let us know their intentions going forward.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @AARPTeri  & @sandy 

I'm bumping this back to top for Management to respond to the request for "Points Only" gift cards that the members want in this post.  

Management, it would great to know if there are plans to make restaurant, department & drug store, gasoline and Amazon cards available that are valued at $20 or more for points?

I've never heard of Uno pizza, did some research and there only 130 nationwideSmiley Sad  That will benefit very few members, and a lot of us don't use Uber.  I will not jump in a car with someone I don't know in a big city.

Thank you for your needed reply in advance.

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

Periodic Contributor

what's the answer?
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @b312156t 

RightSmiley Happy

@AARPTeri and @sandy 

Could we get an answer on the request and suggestions for "points only" gift cards on this post valued at $20 or more?

Thanks,

@mi4090 

Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

I understand that this is a Beta, but, does that mean that you can't offer points only gift cards?  We had a points only offer the first day of AARP Rewards, but, none since.

Why don't you answer us?

Thanks,

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

I think you guys already know what we like.  Maybe I can remind you of some card issuers that we like: biggest retailers: Walmart, Amazon, Target...large pharmacies: CVS, Walgreens...Large Service Stations: Shell, Marathon, BP (I can't personally use Chevron or ExxonMobil, but they would be on the list.)  Visa and MC Debit would be cool with me too!  I personally don't care for department stores.

The problem is that I am not telling you anything that you don't already know. Why don't you shock us and give us what we want, in the instant wins, in the sweeps, and available for points only?

------

To revive my post from a few weeks ago 10/17, after which the program gave us UNO and UBER ecards for points.

@andrewtoo wrote:

@AARPTeri 

I understand that this is a Beta, but, does that mean that you can't offer points only gift cards?  We had a points only offer the first day of AARP Rewards, but, none since.

Why don't you answer us?

Thanks,

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Andrew, Thanks & Hooray for helping me keep Management/Administration alerted as to what the members wantHeart

Can we get some info?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Regular Contributor

UNO and UBER cards are back.

Get them while they last...

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @kuonothome & @neldat357771 

I don't use Uber either, and I've never heard of UnoSmiley Surprised  They should get some "points only" gift cards for large national restaurants, gas companies and department stores that are nation wide.  

Management the members are national and Canadian, with your largest membership in the USA.  Can we get some of the "points only" gift cards aforementioned?  Show us how valued we are as card carrying, paying members of this organization.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info, but I don't use Uber and the nearest Uno Pizzeria is over 200 miles away from where I live. I'd like to see Target, Walmart, HomeGoods, Chik-fil-A or TGI Fridays points only gift cards.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Rewards Warriors and Management,

Bumping this back to top for a response from @AARPTeri & @sandy .

Could we please get an answer concerning "Points Only" gift cards that value more than $5 or $10 for restaurants, gasoline and Amazon?  

Thank you ladies for your honesty and informing your valued members.

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090   Right now I am only seeing a water bottle, a yoga mat and golf balls for points.   Those are not bad.....if you want any of those which I don't.

On the first day I saw a $10 Uno gift card which I regret not getting.   It soon disappeared.

I have wasted points each day on the "instant lose" games.  If there was anything to save points for, I wouldn't waste them like that.  So far nothing.

Has anyone here won?   I think the person who complained about being restricted to one win but not being prevented from spending points on additional attempts might have....

There seems to be lots of ways to earn points but no reason to have points.  I've done a quiz or two each day to offset the losses but not motivated to get the 7K allowed.  Hate videos but would endure them if there was any reason to have the points.

Another thing:   Instant "win" games versus daily deal:   Daily Deal rewarded persistance and dedication.  I got a number of them over the years.   I have never won an instant game on any website and have tried on several.     I can only assume somone wins.  There does not appear to be any listing of winners of the prizes.   On the old program we could see who won and that provided accountability.   When the auctions changed  format a couple of years ago, persistance no longer mattered.   Most of my wins over the years have been on things that required time and dedication.  I see no need for either on the new program.  I don't have a device to sync for the fitness tasks...and there is no motivation to spend a lot of $$$ for one when there is no reward other than points which appear not to gain one much reward.

On the Ulta game:   At the end when you lose you are offered to buy the $75 card for the discount price of $75!!!!  I have commented on gift cards before.   They are simply not worth buying  Why would anyone buy a card for a discount of two dollars?   This benefits the sellers because there will be slippage.....cards bought but not redeemed.   I have stopped doing rebates that give you cards that are difficult to redeem.  Nearly killed me to lose one worth $25 but I misplaced it until it expired.

Another tip:   Use any gift cards you may have.   Some stores are rumored to be in financial trouble.  If they go bankrupt gift cards will not be honored.   I used most of the two best cards I ever got today at one store.  I got two sets of towels  and a wreath for the door thanks to AARP Rewards for Good.

Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq 

Hokie. ...☹ Ditto to all you said I don't see any reason to put much time into new program Don't like it don't care to invest time also don't like videos & if you leave 1 second b4 end NO points tested it 

Also when I 1st saw new site I thought oh my they've done same as Coca-cola Rewards program did... well did some checking Both run by same company "Hello World"

After you told me while back about some things on Coca-cola site I checked it out so I go there on occasion But I've not won any of the "instant"wins there I did get a Shutterfly Book coupon for my DIL she loves those & for 5 codes well worth that few mintues

I keep coming to AARP Rewards think mostly out of habit...its been a bitter pill for me adapting no longer have any reason be on site at 3pm I truly miss Daily Deal & don't think anything they are offering will come close to what we had 😛

Guess as I continue to work on letting it go can adapt to checking in every once in awhile.... hard habit to break after years of coming here. 

I'm not upset with AARP they made this decision for some reason & I still believe they offer alot & lot can still learn from Main site Rewards just not the same & since same folks as Coke don't have much hope for getting anything back we've lost hopefully there will be new members that enjoy new site cause just as with Coke they don't know what used to be therefore nothing to miss as we old timers of sites are aware of 

Enjoy what you can Its been alot of blessings while had it

Take care enjoy your weekend 

Ginger  :  ) 

Periodic Contributor

I agree completely.  I use to use the coke rewards program too.  I saved up enough points to get my son a basketball, some $5.00 gift cards & a few other prizes.  After hearing that the new AARP  Rewards & Coke Rewards are run by the same company, I can now easily understand.  Both sites are dissappointing to say the least. 

Social Butterfly

@lr1304 

Hey indeed

Old Coke Rewards was really great I spent lots of time for many years entering codes always maximum limit got lots of nice Coke items couldn't get anywhere else....definitely no longer same Now you can enter same sip & scan picture 100's of times rarely have a offer need code for I still keep few can codes & don't understand why they even bother with having codes in bottles Its very different & rarely offers anything can just get.... just alot of scan for Instant wins so sadly seems R4G has now become the same kinda site 😞

Enjoy your Sunday 

Ginger   :  ) 

Gold Conversationalist

@gm5271   You encouraged me to continue with Coke Rewards.  I did mostly losing in the instant lose games but recently they had a free AMC offer.  You entered codes to get free tickets, popcorn and drinks at AMC.   First real offer since they downgraded the program.   I did the $2 Target offer but the link they sent did not work.  I complained to no avail.   Mostly a waste but maybe I'll stop the instant lose things and  save in case an offer like this one that just ended comes up again. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

I agree completely about nothing to use points for.  The site has problems and issues with points not being awarded and being taken when Daily Instant Wins/Losses not available (i.e. Google Mini).  Did you submit points for the Google Mini and how many points was it showing for you?

I've used points on a couple of occasions to try and win a Daily Instant Win and felt there was some trick to winning. 

Today at 1:48a CT I won the $5 Amazon Digital Card for 50 points and I did win  (3) Daily Deals at the end of R4G.  CVS, Best Buy & Amazon, all for $5, if they close it want be a great loss.  I've already used CVS, and saving Best Buy and Amazon for holiday shopping.  Collecting all the Amazon's I can get, I get more and larger valued ones from another site I'm a member of.

I hate you misplaced your $25 gift cardSmiley Sad

Hopefully you can win a Daily Instant WinSmiley Happy Now it seems that points are worth .10 cents instead of .01 cts. in R4G.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

Congrats on your instant win!  They should have several daily and weekly instant wins, I think.

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Andrew, thanks so much.  We should be allowed to try at least (4) times daily with different prizes.  Ability to earn all kinds of points and nothing to use them on.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Social Butterfly

@mi4090 @andrewtoo 

Andrew & Marylin

Ditto! 

I get they didn't like all the fussing coming from folks issues with Daily Deal so ok its gone 

So my strong suggestion is this: since they now state number of prizes 150 goes thin in day with 1000+'s trying So do your Instant Win with greater odds by having at least 4 offered each day once 1 has given its limit of winners start another this way they'll be going off all through day at various times This would increase foot traffic on site & also give folks who can't stay on all day chances to win..... that's what I'd call a "Floating Deal" which is what we were told was coming 

Whatcha think Teri? @AARPTeri how about making this reality? 

Thanks

Ginger  ;  ) 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @gm5271 

Ginger, I've discovered that the Winners List for the Daily Instant Wins aren't accurate.  So how are we to really know who the Winners really are?  Are the names being made up?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Social Butterfly

Hello Teri @AARPTeri ,

When will we see gift card redemptions for points again?  Many of us have been building points waiting for some good points only card redemptions (hopefully members only).  And, I am not referring to Carnival.

And, I hope this topic doesn't get flooded with Carnival Gift Card complaints, like so many others.  These members already have a number of topics to complain about Carnival Gift Cards, and they had valid complaints.

Thanks!

AndrewToo
Regular Contributor

Crickets!  Where is AARP response to this question

Regular Contributor

Yes, gone forever 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @hg88943930 

They have added a few on the Daily & Weekly Instant Wins, but where are the $20 Walmart, Target, Restaurant, Grocery and national Gas station cards for "Points Only"?

Management is anyone listeningWoman Surprised?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Regular Contributor

There were some, but they sold out in about 2 days.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @je1020 

I never saw them; Trying to earn points, did they appear in All Rewards?  How many points did they go for?  Guess the folks that got the huge Welcome Bonus points got them quickSmiley LOL

Wish they would come back, maybe I can get one with points.  Maybe not, some have started with a huge amount of points.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Periodic Contributor

are they gone? what good is rewards for good?
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP