Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP says I get 300 points for watching a video and I"m only credited 100 - this happens a lot.

Periodic Contributor

AARP says I get 300 points for watching a video and I"m only credited 100 - this happens a lot.

I don't usually get points awarded that are supposed to be awarded for a certain activity.  I do get point - just not what was promised. These seems to happen a lot.  What's up with that?

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@KateHarp 

Got to thinking after reviewing some of the comments that the 100 points you were seeing was in the center of the black banner. This should have said Member Bonus. Why they are using a two entry method to record points is a mystery to me. 🤕 You have to view Transaction History (which is broken again 😡 😡) to see the 200 points + 100 points for the total 300 points for that activity.

Just Saying

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I'd check with Customer Service about the issue with receiving non member points.

Hope you get it resolved😉

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

The 7/30/2020 Quiz is not awarding points even though it is listed on the Earn Activities.  It seems the quizzes are added to the list before they are programmed to award the points.  Hope tech support will fix.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I had an issue today. After receiving points for a video, I then took 2 quizzes and never had the points appear in my account. This seems to be a common problem ever since they switched to the new website. Before they reverted back to the Beta version of the site, I had similar problems. It's also very frustrating that when you submit an online trouble ticket, the email in response tells you to call them. Who wants to stay on hold, waiting for a human? I realize these are unusual times since Covid, but honestly, similar issues arose long before Covid struck.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I have never had any problems getting my points. The only times i received less points than the value of the activity is when I would reach the 7500 limit

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@KateHarp   I would call customer service.   It sounds like you are not getting the member bonus for one thing.   Yours is not the typical problem.   Video points never register at all for me until I do a quiz or calculator and then they appear.    I think some are not that fortunate.   

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

How odd - sound like AARP needs a new website developer.
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@KateHarp 

Its harsh to say but consider yourself lucky you got the 100 points. Some of us do the work for the daily limit of 7500 points but without the transaction history to back us up we have no proof we were screwed out of our points. 😞 Maybe someday soon after all this Covid-19 stuff calms down someone will come along and fix some of these nagging problems with the Rewards Program. It’s a good idea, they just cain’t seem to make it work. 😞

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Periodic Contributor

Wow - that's terrible!
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP