Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

AARP Rewards

Just to let AARP members know that when you go to redeem your points beware of 1-800-PETSUPPLIES. I had no problem with Wayfair or Zappos, but I ordered 10 puppy collar for our new litter from PETSUPPLIES, and after several phone calls to them asking about my order that was suppose to take 2-3 days to ship I receive them 35 days later with postage due. I also, ordered a 33lb. bag of puppy food and treats 20 days ago that I have not yet received. I hate to see what that postage is going to cost me!

Periodic Contributor

I think the Rewards program is miserable.  While I get "rewards" frequently, I haven't been able to use them in months, maybe years.  I don't consider a reward to be something that I gamble away on lotteries etc and getting 10 - 12% off on gift cards I have to purchase can be matched by any number of other cards/programs.  This program is a scam.  There should be at least a few real (and valuable) rewards that truly recognize our long term efforts and help seniors - not pretend to.

0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

@wkay99 Iโ€™m so sorry you feel like you arenโ€™t receiving value in the program. Have you tried redeeming your points for a Daily Deal? Many of those are for points only and feature popular gifts card for purchase that have discounts up to 50% off. The monthly extra credit gift cards and discounts are all 20% off and above as well. Which cards have you received that you feel like you canโ€™t use? What type of rewards would you like to see in the catalog going forward?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Now I don't feel so bad for missing out on the PetSupplies $25 gift card for 55,000 points. As I was accumulating my points I frequently checked to see the PetSupplies $25 gift card for 55,000 points. Just a few days ago I hit 51,000 points and looked at the PetSupplies offer...like a carrot dangling in front of me at I near the finish line. 

Today I accumulated 55,230 points and eagerly searched for the PetSupplies offer only to not find it at all. I've searched several times and looked at every offer I am eligible for and not yet eligible for and the PetSupplies offer is no longer available. 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@LindaL347546 

Hey Linda

That's horrible to hear

A suggestion: 

If you'd like more folks reading your post &/or Community helpers response think if you rename your Title to something pertaining to bad gift card experience/ service or such instead of "AARP Rewards" it'll draw more responses... like said just a suggestion

Hope you get all your order soon

Take care 

Ginger  :  ) 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP