Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP IS SCAM SITE BE CAREFUL!!!

I bought 3 gift cards and already paid with my debit card. All payments have been received by AARP and my bank statement has also been deducted. however, it has been 2 weeks since I bought a gift card not a single card has been sent to my email. and every time I make contact with customer service they just answer please wait and wait. it looks like the website is a scammer and is taking off customer money.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I understand that you have been fully refunded for the charges, so happy to report this matter was resolved!

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Following an AARP advice, please use a credit card instead of a debit card for transaction. They are safer as you can cancel the transaction if the merchandise is not delivered, you have many days to dispute it. AARP is right: avoid using debit cards as a protection against scammers and errors as well.

Silver Conversationalist

Hi, Daniel. It’s not AARP per se but the administrator Merkle Inc is the culprit here. While AARP.org is ultimately responsible for there actions they continue to make the members suffer through their incompetence. I hope someone does contact you as Terri has mentioned, but I really wouldn’t hold your breath. Wishing you better luck than me 😫

just saying

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DanielA383524   We are so sorry to hear you have had this issue and we will have someone contact you on Monday to get this resolved!

AARPTeri
Conversationalist

I have found the fastest way to get help on AARP is to do Chat..Go to the Help page and there is a red chat button in the bottom right corner.There is usually live help once you type in your question to the virtual chat bot.Every time I didnt get a gift card they would check my account and resend it while on chat.

Regular Contributor

Daniel,

I had a recent problem receiving a GC I won that was not delivered in promised time. I ran across a CSR named Delores who was a gem straightening that, and another problem out as well.  Plus, she sent me a 10 dollar Visa GC for my agrivation.  I strongly suggest you place your problem her hands. Her direct line is 562-362-0347.  It has been a good month since she straightened things out, but I suspect she might remember me, it can't hurt to let her know how you got in touch directly, drop my name, Ken Bland, and reference her having solved issues I had with both a CVS and Apple GC.

Also, since you mentioned this, I'll take advantage of it to vent.  Calling the AARP Rewards general number often results in connecting with a moron.  Companies get reputations based on who customers deal with, and not all CSR's are created of equal intelligence.  This wait, wait, wait crap you got is so typical.  My calls to the general AARP number are often handled with wading through bureaucracy, even if its just a generic question not specific to my account, capped off by this incredibly nonsensical "thanks for being an AARP member for x years like that has anything to do with my haste to get a question answered.  Those lamebrains that said wait, wait, wait should be on unemployment. Enough digression.  Hope you decide to call Delores and your blood pressure lessens at the end of the nightmare.

Bronze Conversationalist

`I         was wondering if AARP uses a secondary company to distribute their merchandise. It could be a processing delay and this other company may have other places they deal with causing a delay. Remember there is a pandemic out there causing worker shortages and delays. I think its very irresponsible  that you would accuse some one like AARP of being a  scammer.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Wow! @DanielA383524

Thanks for letting us know.  I think this may be unusually long delivery but a couple of weeks is just too long, imho.

Take care and I hope this is resolved for you quickly,

AndrewToo
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP