Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค” What Are You GRATEFUL For EVERY DAY?

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค” What Are You GRATEFUL For EVERY DAY?

32 comments (11/20/22) We should be GRATEFUL every day, not just on THANKSGIVING!!!

They say when we APPRECIATE what we have, MORE arrives when we least expect it.

So what are YOU grateful for TODAY? ๐Ÿค”

โžก๏ธ Feel free to post several times a day, every day, and so on....

Let us ATTRACT more GOOD things into our lives! YES, we can do it...... ๐Ÿ‘Œ

To reply to this post, click on REPLY BUTTON at bottom of this post, enter your text, then click REPLY BUTTON again.

Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚ (Our Front Porch Forum)

Honored Social Butterfly

Our family is all coming for Thanksgiving and our youngest daughter will be hosting a her home this year. Weather is looking better than it has been for a while. 

Hoping everyone is  doing well and has your holiday plans set.

FB_IMG_1668821410660.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Regular Contributor

Having a gratitude practice has completely changed my outlook. I mean, Iโ€™m still salty as a sea captain at timesโ€ฆ

โ€ฆbut practicing gratitude has allowed me to be so much more resilient than I once was!

When something negative comes my way, I bounce back way faster than before.

And, ya, it feels like there is a lot to be negative and salty about rn!

But having some kind of gratitude practice where you notice whatโ€™s making you happy is an exercise in making your life exponentially better.

Hereโ€™s a quick gratitude practice I do that doesnโ€™t require much time or a gratitude journal:

Sit quietly and focus your attention on your breath.

With each inhale, notice something youโ€™re grateful for.

With each exhale, say thank you to that specific thing.

Do this for a certain amount of time or a set number of breaths.

Piece of cake.

What I really love about this is that you can say โ€œthank youโ€ for the good stuff when it comes up.

And the more you look for things to be grateful for, the more you have to be grateful for. So itโ€™s pretty much a no-lose situation.

Silver Conversationalist

A simple but very often overlooked question. Ive been thinking of that with Thanksgiving coming,not necessarily what and who I'm thankful for,but more have I made the people in my thoughts aware of how grateful I am. I've led a glorious life for the most part,some bumps and potholes,but who doesn't have to endure those. I'm thankful for all that I have been blessed with,and as importantly I'm thankful for the strength I've found to live without what I don't have.Alot of the people I love are gone now,and not a day goes by that I don't remember them and cherish the time they spent with me,the memories we made together,and the love of life we shared. Who could ask for more.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP