Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Morning Roll Call - July and August 2019

Message 61 of 194

MsStretch,

Sorry, I forget your name. Just new medication. But I wanted to let you know that I have 🐈 supplies if you would like. I can UPS them to you. Great thing you do. I mustly get donations for 🐕 , however, while I was away box and boxes of 🐈 items came. Just wanted to share. Nancy.

Great weekend in New Jersey. Just at the storage unit trying to make room. 

Frozen, I have all Coffee. Just let me know. 

Hope everyone is doing great

Nancy

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 194

Hi, Everyone,

Oh, what a beautiful morning! It was 64 earlier with no sign of humidity, going to around 85 later. Went to sleep with bedroom windows wide open and a sheet and light blanket. Woke in the middle of the night to pull up the comforter! WOW! How refreshing!

The sun is shining brightly and the goldfinches are munching on the coneflower seeds. Wish I could snap a photo, but they are too fast for me and fly as soon as the door opens.

Tonight is dinner and game night for me so I’m looking forward to that. Hope everyone can enjoy a good weekend, N.

Rummikub.jpgOne of our favorites

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 194

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on  this Friday morning from Wisconsin! We have great weather out with temps in the upper 70's during the day and around 60* af night. 

Yesterday was a great day for golfing and I played quite well. Hoping everyone has a great weekend!

FB_IMG_1485452564824.jpg576234_517931228253211_1288680209_n.jpg67885850_10217313368579215_5866183293426204672_n.jpgFB_IMG_1541789936803.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 194

Yep, I would be the one with Kitty Kamp and the assorted kitty huts and igloos.  Was just out brushing two of the little darlings. 

Now I've got my little indoor compatriot proofreading as I type. 

lkjsef0329(*)Hdwoq)#**^%  (Doesn't alway work out too well.)

Maybe we'll have a little party later in honor of International Cat Day, complete with t-r-e-a-t-s.  Ah yes, they know that word.

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 194

@n566192l 

Best guess for feral cat igloos here, would be @MsStretch.

@catwoman500 

Best guess for AARP games working is you got an update for Java to your computer.

I generally leave mine off, but, sometimes allow it to run when needed for watching TV channels or some games, by internet.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 194

Hey, It's me again...

I forgot to mention…yesterday when I got the AARP newsletter I saw a link to the game area and just for kicks I just clicked on it expecting to get the blank page that I’ve been getting since they “improved” the games, but lo and behold, just like my ability to post photos miraculously returned, the AARP games are available again on my browser! Go figure! Cat Very Happy

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 194

Catwoman,

Great pictures. Happy international cat day to you. I forget the name of the nice lady who sets up igloos for the feral cats in her area. I am so sorry. Just new medication. Happy 🐈 day to you too. If I didn't hear a noise coming from my trunk, I never would have mailed out boxes. I just did today. Hope everyone is doing well and that you are safe. I just hope all of this crazy shooting stops. Time to plant flowers. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 194

Good morning , Porch Peeps. Happy International Cat Day!

Sunny, 77, and just a little sticky after storms went through yesterday afternoon and evening. Lots of training going so there were many flooded roads in the area and tons of water rescues. Fog this AM may have caused a small plane to crash in someone's backyard near here...no survivors. Cat Sad I'll have to ask my friend if she heard the crash.

@LaDolceVita ...YIKES! That hairdresser's price is not even close to being acceptable! Is there a senior services department in your area? Maybe you could call them for some suggestions.

Nothing else exciting going on here. N.

international cat day 2.pngA day just for me? WOW!

international cat day.jpgLook, up in the sky. Is it a bird?...Is it a plane? It's SuperCat!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 194

69* and raining.

@LaDolceVita 

Best I can say is keep looking for hair person for your mother. Geez hired a hairdresser for my mother to go in and see her for normal charge and healthy tip.

Not that knowledgeable on rates for hairdressing/ perms/etc. My idea of getting styled is a haircut at the senior rate.

Are you living in the land of more than 5,000 people, sounds like city pricing. I think my saving feature with mother was bringing village (pop. 750) hairdresser to her, and paying mileage, as well.

@DaveMcK 

Re: Epidemic still don’t see a change happening for the better, until GOP start having things happen near their kin.

Like TX rep whose daughter and friend were drinking across from shooting in El Paso is presently thinking change is required.

Might be PD training leaking out but, still think 100-250 round mag is ludicrous for plinking.

Gotta go, it’s that time again.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 194

@Frozenoem @DaveMcK  Would gladly trade your weather for ours.  Looks like we go to the 90s again next week.  We had 5 or 6 days of them in July.  Still not bad because some years we had 90 almost every day for 2 months.  Sooo only 23 days till some relief may be headed our way. 

@Frozenoem  Wishing you poking & prodding that does not hurt and at long last comes up with something.   

On the caregiving front, I called a mobile hairdresser for mom's hair.  She said $100 per hour and I would need to book her for 3 hours.  Now really, that is usery.  Will keep looking.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season