CLOSE ×

Search

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mask Poll ๐Ÿ˜ท

• Disposable?
  • Washable?
  • Lol, do not wear one. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
  • Stop by to read the comments and/or leave a comment.
  • We luv hearing from you!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In the beginning of Covid-19 I used both washable and throwaway types. After a while disposals were the only type recommended! 

I still wear mine in high traffic areas off the ground of the retirement center and in most areas here in the retirement center.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Didn't like the disposables, so I have a few washable masks. If I fit them just right with the nose clip, they don't fog my glasses and don't feel all moist and icky when worn for long periods. But I'm starting to see signs on business doors that we can go maskless if vaccinated, so I'm glad for that. Still, feel a little guilty if employees still have to mask -- like I should do so in solidarity.

Washable masks do fine in the washing machine. You might laugh, but I put them inside a sock so they don't get stuck in the washer rotator thingie.  I do keep a couple disposables in my car and handbag for emergencies and usually give them away if I'm out with someone who forgot theirs and we need to go in somewhere.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop by to read the comments and/or leave a comment.
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AnonymousDisposable

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LindaB671 wrote:

@AnonymousDisposable

๐Ÿ’ฅ@LindaB671 are you required to wear them in your location?๐Ÿ’ฅ

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@Anonymous 

The requirement has been lifted in most places, as long as youโ€™ve been vaccinated for at least two weeks. Slowly people are starting not to wear them here in our part of Upstate NY.

Regular Contributor

Washable for most of the time; I have gotten used to it. I even wear it outdoors when walking, some of the time anyway, even though that is no longer required.  I wear it to the grocery store; the pandemic altered my habits where I only go to the store early in the morning or late in the evening.

Meanwhile, at one of the doctor's offices, they provide a disposable mask to wear over the cloth one. I kept one of the disposables in the car, in case I forget the cloth one (hasn't happened yet).

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅJune 14, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

Lol @Mike7SoCal I would pass out if I wore 2 masks. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฅJune 14, 2021๐Ÿ’ฅ

I first tried the disposable when masks became mandatory at work last year. We got them from the breakroom upon arrival. Lol, the 1st day I had a migraine from the strings irritating both of my ears. ๐Ÿ˜ค

Next came the washable. Was okay except for the washing part. ๐Ÿ™„ And feeling like I cannot breathe. When I retired, I kept using these. Summer and hot flashes plus the mask. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Both fog up my glasses so I cannot see. Hmmmm, ...๐Ÿค”

Bronze Conversationalist

Both. We keep disposable in the car glove box in case we forget to take our cloth. Even though we are fully vaccinated we still use only when necessary to protect others or if they are still required in some stores. I agree about the washing part and the fogging up my glasses lol. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@postman29 wrote:

Both. We keep disposable in the car glove box in case we forget to take our cloth. Even though we are fully vaccinated we still use only when necessary to protect others or if they are still required in some stores. I agree about the washing part and the fogging up my glasses lol. 

๐Ÿ’ฅ@postman29 I am in Cave Spring, Virginia and technically do not have to wear one. Also fully vaccinated since this March. I still wear my cloth when in Walmart. Way too many folks up close and too personal. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ’ฅ

Bronze Conversationalist

@Anonymous   Disposable ones here...but I also have two different kinds.  The "hospital" kind, and the kind people wear when refinishing furniture to protect them from paint stripping fumes.  

Stores around here...well most stores....have new signs up that say if you are vaccinated you don't have to have a mask on to enter.  But seriously?  How many people are going to wear a mask that broadcasts they aren't getting the vaccine?  (heh). I'm with you, Angela.  If I'm in a large store like Walmart or Target where there are lots of people, I wear mine as well.  I notice some of the senior crowd seems to be wearing theirs as well.  

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP