Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with AARP’s job board.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! MARCH-APRIL

Message 51 of 226

Good morning everyone.  A perfect Camelot day here in NW Georgia.  In the 40s overnight  and high 70s for daytime highs.  Low humidity, it doesnt get any better than this.

Reporting back on the plantar fasciitis.  I have been doing heel raises on the stairs and it has taken over 10 days of it but I think I am over the worst of it.  Hopefully the tiredness will go also disappear but I will not know that until late afternoon.  @Frozenoem  I wish your problem was as easily solved, but alas not so.  Hopefully you trust "medicine" more than I do.  But sometimes you have no choice and they are able to do wonders in some cases.

@catwoman500   I am thinking about how you will miss your pool this summer!

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 226

Catwoman500,

After I read your post about the skunks, I remembered the episode of the Partridge Family. The one where they used tomato juice to get rid of the smell. Gallons of tomato juice, I think they filled a tub with the stuff.

I was happy that Frozenoem, gave you more alternatives. 2 years back my neighborhood had a horrible skunk problem. Fortunately, one neighbor took the lead and hired a trapping service. We all pitched in money and the skunks were relocated to another area. In a 2 week period, 32 skunks were caught, 2 ground hogs and 3 possums. Thanks to our neighbor we can all breath . 

It rained than cleared but still windy. Last night we had very loud thunder. A cluster.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 226

44* and it’s raining, I am enjoying it warmth and snowmelt, mud season has begun in earnest.

Driveway is once more 40’ wide, sidewalks are reappearing in places. They been buried for a really long time.

Oh happy days🤣

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 226

@catwoman500 

Febreze and dare I say it Massengil vinegar/water and skunks always pop into my mind with the first hint of scent. Regular hikes in the woods first aid for 🐶 and just in case supplies, for humans.

Ever ride with friend, significant other or K-9 after being sprayed. Ten minutes or 4 hours it’s just too much.

@n566192l 

Hurrta’s are good if my Finnish is still good. Don’t worry about reflective vests, have had dogs size pup to 150  lb Rottweiler in all sizes. Took awhile to find good ones for running in pucker brush. (Thorny, spiked vegetation). Those vests have maximum industrial strength Velcro, regular PITA to remove🤣.

My bear Rottweiler/lab enjoyed climbing on some old maples, and had habit of snagging upon limbs in the vest. Before retrofit of Velcro it would be hanging in tree, like a flag.

After tailored for her , and heavier cloth used it never came off without human intervention. Now, that vest has served several dogs through the years, and now, is Chelli’s if I just can hike again is a crapshoot at moment.

Same as their PFD’s for the boat. Personal Flotation Devices for swimmers and non-swimmers both.

Re: Her chewing habits and pillows not going to risk it. What goes in has to come out again. Not my favorite sporting event🤣.

It’s bad enough I still must examine all of her stools for hookworm evidence, before disposal. 

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 226

@Frozenoem ....all is good now. Not sure why I didn't think of Febreze; I have plenty of it! Cat Happy N.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 226

Frozenoem,

I am so glad you posted regarding hunting season. I never would have thought about that. I will send Chelli a bright coat. I may have orange, not sure. I will also send a back up to the patterned one I sent. I am sure Chelli wears that one in doors. LX correct.  I will try to take a picture of the coats made in Finland. Or at least post more info so you can look it up.  If Chelli ate the bed no worries, still have those as well.  I did try to drop some beds off to shelters. However, the dogs sleep on something that reminds me of a small trampoline. Thanks for the tips on the wild turkeys. My local Next Door, reports other neighborhoods are also having a problem. Hope everyone is enjoying their day 😊.  Nancy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 226

@LaDolceVita 

Check out hunting seasons for new homestead, to cover your posterior. Also whether open carry or not state.

Walmart and Tractor Supply sell reflective vests for dogs and humans. Wouldn’t be caught outside during hunting season without vest and hat on myself or Dogs.

Problem with all of my dog’s regardless of size, during season for anything people shoot everything that moves.

Reason why most dairy cows become covered in Orange Paint during hunting season. Horses in blankets, etc.

Chell and all my dutches have been striped and size of coyotes.

They wear vests in woods period. Lab’s and Rott’s No different, vests.

Year round open season on coyotes, have had discussion? with one person already, 20 years back about checking what they shoot at, he still gives me a wide berth on street, luckily for him, he missed.

Most twits other than above person were non-locals. You also might like to check if homestead is in open carry state, more asses in the woods.

I know how to use firearms, it’s the other creatures that worry me😎. 

Re: Vertigo - still waiting for appt. haven’t collapsed lately👍. Still a problem but, seats are mysteriously appearing about town.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 226

@n566192l   Thanks for the offer!  Thankfully we do not need dogs coats even in the winterWoman Very Happy  I  am looking for several dog reflector vests so someone in the neighboring deer stand does not shoot one of my darlings. My Tessie could definitly pass for a deer as she is chasing a rabbit out there.  Most of my dogs are in the 55-80lb range.  Except for little fat Daisy.  She is a tiny double dog, intermittent fasting and all.  Anyway, I must obtain several of these vests before I return with dogs to homestead. 

Trouble is all of a sudden I am too tired to go.  I have resorted to support socks, anything to stop aching feet and legs.  Part of it is plantar fasciitis but it does not explain it all.  I complain to anyone who listens that I cannot walk for heaven's sake.  @Frozenoem Luckily I do not fall but there is a huge difference in the way i feel lately and like you I dont have much patience for it either. 

hoc voluērunt
Gaius Julius Ceasar
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 226

50* and Sunshine a concept is born, warmth not cold. Snow melt and rivers rising.

It’s true  @n566192l  Nancy does have 🐕 and 🐱 supplies, good stuff. 

Never thought Chell would like coats, she loves hers. Always a question if you buy one does it become a chew toy or warmth for cold weather wear.

ALso different treats for your furry companion(s). Feel like I ‘m going to turn off furnace and open the windows.

@catwoman500 

Febreze spray works on skunk odors, even works on dogs for safe non-toxic odor relievers.🤣

Enjoy your Palm Sunday

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 226

Mornin', All,

So much for my delight in the open windows and fresh air. I was rudely awakened around 3:00 AM by a really strong skunk breeze. Oh, wow...one of the nastiest I've experienced. It was like the critter was under my bedroom window when it blew. Cat Tongue Could not get back to sleep after that and so hope I will sleep well tonight even though we have severe storm and wind warnings for overnight.

Just got back from the grocery store and the inside of the house still has the lingering smell. I opened all the windows again even though it is cooler than yesterday and sprayed Lysol in all the rooms and into the stairwell to upstairs. Seems to have helped and I'm good to go. If it's not one critter it's another.

Gray and damp here today with a little of @n566192l 's fog. Temp is at 66.

Have a nice Palm Sunday! N.

Kudos
Views