Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL! THIS ADDITION IS CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL! THIS ADDITION IS CLOSED

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Welcome to March 2019. We had an overnight snow to ring in the morning. Going to be a busy day tomorrow. Remember that January-Feburary is CLOSED now.

68403-Goodbye-February.jpg299033-Welcome-March-Welcome-Spring.gifFB_IMG_1550937246914.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Recognized Social Butterfly

LaDolceVita,

After I read your post, I remembered the movie Turner and Hooch, with Tom Hanks. Lydia I hope you are feeling better soon. I had to add magnesium and vitamin b supplements. Sunny and 47 here. Stay happy, healthy and safe.   Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning, Porchers!

It's 35 toasty degrees here. The sun is out and we are experiencing full bright light.  Since I didn't leave my house at all yesterday, I decided to go out early this morning to stock all of my bird feeders. I have about six of them.  I filled the feeders with seeds, nuts, and fruit and cast breadcrumbs on the ground beneath them.  It wasn't long before the first cardinal lighted and then the sparrows and a dove or two.See the source image  The snow is just about all gone now.  Hip, hip, Hooray!  I have no real plans for the today--just to rest and relax and watch TV.  See the source imageHope y'all are doing fine.  Enjoy the weekend one and  all!  Guess I'll start breakfast.

Trusted Social Butterfly

As I sit here with my coffee and cinnamon raisin bagel thin, getting ready to list my Ebay things and trying to dry off from my earlier trip to the Acme in the rain, I realized I hadnโ€™t checked in with the Porch Peeps lately, so hello everyone!

We are having a bunch of rain that should be ending soon. I woke to the sound of the sump pump. So the rain must have started overnight. Hopefully it will wash away the rest of this stubborn snow. Maybe Iโ€™ll be able to get the back door open later today. Right now itโ€™s 42 and should hit 50 later. Sun maybe tomorrow.

Yesterday was nice and there were so many people out for walks around the neighborhood, some with kids on bikes and in strollers, all enjoying a taste of spring while avoiding the clumps of leftover snow.

Take care everyone and have a lovely week. N.

Kudos
Views

Greetings All,

I made it back to New Jersey. While, in up State New York, I saw a form here . Have you ever seen the Muffler Man? Epster, had posted some great pictures. I didn't even know this was part of the great Route 66. Has anyone ever seen one of them. There are women too.

Thanks Epster so cool.  Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

If itโ€™s Sunday it must be time for snow, 16* and snowing.

@n566192l 

Our muffler men , Michelin, etc. are pretty much outnumbered by Paul Bunyanโ€™s and Babe the Ox, might be due to logging industry.

From Bangor we have a 31 foot Paul Bunyan.

Paul in Bangor 31 foot tallPaul in Bangor 31 foot tall

If thereโ€™s a visitor center, there needs to be a Bunyan.

Time to play with fire and once more realign and shovel. It does feel like thereโ€™s a warm up coming though. Next week promises 30โ€™s for lows overnight.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

32* and sunny๐Ÿ˜Ž, actually left the door to porch open today, and got passive solar heating!

@n566192l 

Chelliโ€™s new bed has arrived with treats.๐Ÿคฃ Now I can sit in place for a few more days. Might even shake the vertigo, which still is hanging on.

Too many tests for silly little bones in the ear.

And Mc Danielsโ€™s is out of business according to website, from previous post.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!

Greetings

Just over cast 34 in Shrewsbury Township, New Jersey.

Enjoy the fish fry tonight Dave. I haven't been to one of them in years. Frozenoem, glad you received the box. Well send better stuff next week. I have to go to Plattsburgh NY. To pickup a veteran. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their day

Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

Good Friday morning to everyone here on the Front Porch! Well we are starting the morning out at 24*. Our high will be 35* tday. Will be with 2 other couples for a Wisconsin Fish Fry tonight. Looking at a mixed bag this weekend wih rain a snow. 

The Wisconsin Badgers basketball team had a big win over Iowa last night.  Go Bucky Go!

FB_IMG_1552058881471.jpgdaylightsaving-spring_770x433.jpg

FB_IMG_1470321256544.jpg 

FB_IMG_1550877619729.jpgFB_IMG_1537999505149.jpgFB_IMG_1547919421198.jpgOn-Friday-We-Wear-Red-Wishes-Images.jpg

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

17* or 5* with wind chill, and sunny.

After talk of water the other day, discovered a good reason for my  just re-filling my water jug.

Theres a recall of bottled water, now. McDaniel Life Line In 1 gallon jugs.

http://www.emergencyemail.org/newsemergency/anmviewer.asp?a=16283&z=63

@n566192l 

Everything has been found within the UPS system and is on its way.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch this Wednesday morning! We will have a high in the lower 20's. Not much going on today as we are dog sitting our grandpuppy Lola for the day. 

FB_IMG_1482807104822.jpg

FB_IMG_1548964141458.jpgFB_IMG_1543788714827.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Hi, Front Porchers!

It's beautifully sunny and all of 8 degrees here.  There's a light dusting of snow here and there.  Despite all of the snow that fell yesterday, we have very little to show for it and for me....that's a good thing!

Hope everybody's doing okay and that even though it's been a l-o-n-g winter, we can at least be happy knowing that we only have.....14 Days Until Spring

So in just two weeks, we should begin to see a real change in the atmosphere and our overall weather.  Hopefully, hopefully! At least, I am encouraged.  Smiling now....

That's me.

So have a great day everyone.  Be good and be good to you!

Lydia

Honored Social Butterfly

17* and sunny in Western Maine.

@n566192l 

Theoretically, the package is at P.O. but, theyโ€™re closed at moment, and Iโ€™m unable to go.

Absolutely love maturity!๐Ÿ‘Ž

Need wood before temps plummet.

Froze

Thanks for update ๐Ÿ˜Š. Remember, Frozenoem, UPS is sending you stuff too. Hopefully, we will do better with them. Just the weather thing, for Post Office to be closed, right?

Honored Social Butterfly

Itโ€™s a lovely 15* or 0* for feels like temp and sunny in Maine.With 3 nights of arctic temps in my forecast -yeah.

Have to split a few rounds of cordwood to big to fit in stove.

@n566192l 

PO never closes for weather up here, for declining users or T maybe. 

Package is waiting at PO, I spoke to them today. Iโ€™ll get to it when world stops spinning.๐Ÿคฃ

Froze

Frozenoem,

UPS says that 1 of the boxes should be delivered to you on Friday. I hope this one has Chelli ๐Ÿ• bed. Well, anyway it will be a surprise.. Sending tracking info to you .. Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

@n566192l 

Have to get back to you tomorrow on tracking #.

For the viewing pleasure of those that believed Puxatawny.

http://www.breakingburgh.com/punxsutawney-phil-indicted-felony-fraud-charges/

and on that cheery note I need wood, itโ€™s a lovely 2* and will plummet from here.

Froze

Hi folks.  I think we had had the last extreme cold front for this season.  Several nights of  25 or so degrees and daytime highs in the mid forties. A few days of sun and the rains will return.  No weather for outdoor activity or visiting the homestead in  a while.  @Frozenoem  Your weather does sound awful.

Greetings

My local News reported that this board game was invented in 1933...... Monopoly. The game is still very popular today. Great game ๐Ÿ‘ Still cold here. Looking forward to Springing ahead. Just sending out boxes today. Hopefully they are all going to the right people. I have 12 veterans I placed, it's taking the VA awhile to fill in the supports.

Nancy

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, Everyone,

Bright and sunny today, 26 feeling like 18. Snow that happened on Sunday into Monday will be around for a while since it's going to be even colder tomorrow. They cleared the streets right away which is great since the stuff that's left is all frozen solid now.

It was a heavy, wet snow and I knew I had to get an escape cleared yesterday or I'd never get it moved at all if I waited until today. Donned my ice grippers and put the spike down on my cane and did the best I could. That was a chore! Then I went to the post office.

Woke to see another eBay sale, so got that ready and went to the PO again. Such an exciting life.

Take care, all! N.

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch today! As for the minor league baseball team's which are called " farm teams". Basically they are development teams for the major league teams like the Milwaukee Brewers. There are several levels of minor league teams which allow young players to develop their skills before they are ready to move up to the major league's. 

MADISON, Wis. - After standing for 135 years, the record low temperature for March 4 has fallen. 

Madison's overnight low temperature reached 10 degrees below 0 early Monday morning. This was one degree colder than the previous record of minus 9 degrees set in 1884. 

While things will remain cold through Tuesday, the records in place from the 1860s should remain untouched for now. 

Madison sets new record low temp, beating out record from 135 years ago

Link: https://www.channel3000.com/weather/madison-sets-new-record-low/1049972583#

FB_IMG_1551664618743.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch this Sunday afternoon. Cool and sunny here with temps around zero tonight.

As to the question about homes with private wells they need electricity to run the pumps. I have used silicone spray on steel snow shovels. Not a real problem with plastic shovels.

Hoping everyone has a great week. 

FB_IMG_1551641395637.jpgth.jpeg

Honored Social Butterfly

Hey, All Our Front Porchers!!!!

I know I'm late with today's greetings.  But, better late than never as they always say.  And no matter what your weather is or wherever you may call home, I hope each and everyone is having the bestest day possible.  All smiles and chuckles.  However....... 

Related image

Talent like this is "hare'd" (sic) to find.  So enjoy!

Lydia

Hey

Well LyndiaN586309,

I see on my local news today, that there's a wanted poster for poor Phil. At least the clocks go ahead this Saturday. We can always use more light to get things done ๐Ÿ˜‰. Enjoy your day  

Honored Social Butterfly

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch this Sunday afternoon. Cool and sunny here with temps around zero tonight.

As to the question about homes with private wells they need electricity to run the pumps. I have used silicone spray on steel snow shovels. Not a real problem with plastic shovels.

Hoping everyone has a great week. 

FB_IMG_1551641395637.jpgth.jpeg

Trusted Social Butterfly

Thanks, @MsStretch , @DaveMcK  for clearing up that well question. Never thought about the bottled water until Froze brought it up and I actually noticed it in action today. Cat Wink

I'm thinking that since this will be a heavy, wet snow, people would be worried about power outages. Here's hoping we don't have any.

Raining here right now. N.

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 

Pretty much what ms & Dave said on well water.

My log cabin had well water and generator.

My camp has artesian well, pour water down to prime, and then start hand pumping.

More like city dwellers or even my local town water, municipal keep power generators for Wells, if they have power.

The city dwellers stocking up on water never quite understood. 1 gallon per person per day. 7- gallon empty water jug at Walmart $4 and refillable from tap.

Used to use when tent camping, clean them out every 6 months your golden. Tโ€™s FEMA says tap water keeps 6 months, sealed and dark conditions.

My old boatโ€™s water survival  supplies sealed in juice type boxes 5 years to indefinite.

Thatโ€™s why ai still have a little problem with city dwellers paying so much for every storm that blows through hurricane or blizzard.

Froze

Greetings All,

Hope everyone survived yesterdays weather mayhem. I saw on the news that tornadoes touch down in several parts of different states. All good ๐Ÿ‘ here, sun is shining. Just a little bit cold for my 

Catwoman500, do you happen to know the name of the Phillies, Triple-A team. Not sure if that's the right name. I have a group of people who wanted to catch a few games this year.  I still have funds left from a grant, I need to use. I would appreciate any help you can help you can give. I googled, not sure I googled it right. Frozenoem, UPS has sent out the other boxes. Thanks for your help. As you all, have figured out, I am lost with all this Technology. My little buddy, Mimi, an 8 year old, says I am at level 1.  Stay safe and warm. I hear Spring is really coming. Lyndia posts beautiful pictures so we didn't forget. Dave, your pictures are always awesome.

Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

@n566192l 

Busy doing a happy dance in Maine, got 3-4โ€ of snow at 26*.

While my kin in Weymouth, MA got hammered with 16โ€, itโ€™s a family thing.

Nancy, unfortunately still up to date on tech, depending upon day of week and caffeine consumed.๐Ÿ˜Ž Translating into English doesnโ€™t always happen, though.

Need to play in woodpile, subarctic tempโ€™s are returning later in week.

You may be seeking LeHigh Valley Iron Pigs for triple A team.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehigh_Valley_IronPigs

Froze

Please let me know, if the Post Office, kept their word, Frozenoem. Just as long as the box gets to you ๐Ÿ˜Š. Remember,

they were not to happy about the size. Nancy

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@n566192l ...Iron Pigs sound familiar to me. Here's a link that may help:

http://www.philsbaseball.com/phillies-minor-leagues.php

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP