Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! SEPTEMBER- OCTOBER CLOSED

Message 1 of 166

hmm i am late

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL! SEPTEMBER- OCTOBER CLOSED

Message 2 of 166

THIS "MORNING ROLL CALL" TIME FRAME IS  CLOSED!!! PLEASE USE NOVEMBER  - DECEMBER!!!

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! SEPTEMBER- OCTOBER 2019

Message 3 of 166

Image result for animated snowfall

Good morning, Everybody!

What with the rain and cold and threat of snow, I guess by now we've all been chased inside from off our front porches.  Every day here the weatherman takes to the TV screen with his broad, toothy grin all while gleefully predicting the next storm of rain or snow.  Ugh!  But alas, this is too be expected in winter even if we're supposed to be yet in Fall.

I had been waiting for a warmer and drier day to rake the leaves, but now I think I've missed my window as we've been warned that inches, not just a dusting, of snow is on it's way and may even be upon us.  I won't know what is outside until I leave work in the next hour or so.  Crossing my fingers, toes, and eyes that the weather-watcher, grinchy, forecaster proves untrue.  I'm already jonesing for the rays and heat of summer and we all know that now is months away.

@DaveMcK  I loved you colorful Halloween pics.  But since...... Image result for animated halloween

Halloween is over and the goblins have all been pacified and satisfied with bags and pillowcases full of candies and treats, I guess the sellers of goods will now press us all toward the next big holiday--Thanksgiving and even onward to Christmas as I've seen how Home Depot has already fully decorated with Christmas items for sale.  Every season and holiday it seems is pushed into the next.  And while some people may say they can't wait, I just want to slow down a bit and just kinda mosey into my remaining days.  Time seems to be going way too fast as it is.  So I am more inclined to just ooze through my days as much as life and my own To Do List will let me.  Smile.

@Frozenoem, I hope and pray you are set for winter with enough wood, supplies, and whatever other comforts you may need to get through.  I hope sooner than later the doctors find out what ails you and can do something to help alleviate your discomforts.  In the meantime, stay warm and dry.

@catwoman500,  I loved your little cartoons.  Funny! And would have loved to seen you in your skelton earrings.  Although, honestly I probably would have thought you just a wee bit strange and only observed you from a distance off to the side.  

@n566192l, I hope the solution given resolves your bomber bird situation before they crack a window.  And @LaDolceVita I hope you can find a good respite for your momma so you can do a little R & R on you!

And as for me,  I'll be winging my way home soon and when I get there, I intend to...

Related image

And then.............

Related image

for the rest of the day.  

Everybody be well, warm, safe, and have a great weekend!

The End.

Lydia

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 166

59* and clouding up, bought candy for little blighters🤣, tonight promises to be a roll of the dice.

High wind warnings of up to 50-60 mph, same as tomorrow night.

No snow here, just rain although I know it's probably coming soon. 20* overnight temps are on the way. With warm daytime temps.

Time to play and make some calls.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 166

Happy Halloween, All!

More snow @DaveMcK ???? Holy cow!

Here in the burbs we had drizzle all day yesterday and today will be worse. Doesn't make for a good trick or treating night. The only good thing is that it will be around 72!

Earlier today I decided to treat myself to Starbucks and then stop at Wendy’s to get a taco salad for an easy dinner later since the kids start coming around 6:00. I went out in the midday lunch rush…12:00 and there was no one in line at Starbucks and no one in line at Wendy’s. I was so surprised. When I said, “Happy Halloween” to the barista, she said, “oh, yeah, Happy Halloween” like it wasn’t even on her radar. Same thing at the Wendy’s window. Weird! It was almost like it wasn't Halloween. Plus I have on my skeleton earrings that are about 4 inches long and hardly subtle, and green glow in the dark nail polish. I always get a reaction with the earrings, but just crickets today. Maybe I'm in the Twilight Zone? N

Anyway, have a safe Halloween!

vampire coffee.jpg

iced coffee...with witches.png

human spice latte.jpg

Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 166

Dave,

Thanks for the great information about how to stop the birds from hitting my windows.

Lyndia, great pictures ❣️ each and everyone of them. 

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your day.

Frozen, I hope you are feeling better soon. Thanks, for sharing the great news about Chelli. I am so happy she is doing well and enjoying her new home. I know it was a very hard decision for you. The same decision, I am facing right now. Take care of yourself, my friend. I will send you a box soon. I'm sure the weather in Maine will not change that much.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 166

Happy Halloween to everyone on the Front Porch on this snowy Thursday 2019. It started snowing around 10:00 PM last night and is still snowing. We are on a record snowfall for the month of October that was set in 1917. Hoping everyone has a Spooky  day.

h_halloween46.pngh_halloween52.pngh_halloween43.png

1468986622-clx1106cook-006418.jpg5069ae90-42f5-0133-8eb3-0e17bac22e39.png74271535_10220037559509085_7035383789236781056_n.jpg53f062acffcf475bf72c2036ff7e1cd3.jpg

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 166

Image result for fall pictures at sunrise

Image result for fall pictures at sunrise

Good morning, Front Porch Peepers!

Undoubtedly, we are now in the full swing of Fall.  But the only problem is, we are almost as swiftly moving at break-neck speed into Winter.  As fast as the leaves turn color, they fall to the ground.  For many, snow has already arrived and even though it may have been short lived,  weathermen and women all over the country seem almost giddy in their predictions of more of the white fluff to come. 

Anyway,  regardless of future prophecies of the harshnesses of Winter to come, right now I am enjoying colors of the trees and the Fall season--no matter how brief it may be.

By the way, @catwoman500 , glad you got your Spring cleaning done this Fall.  So you're that much more ahead come March.  lol  Also, I enjoyed your recounting of having friends over for fruit salad and bagels and coffee.  But next time, I highly recommend...Image result for coffee and donuts sayings

my favorite--coffee with donuts!    Can't ever go wrong with that!  Ummmmm, Good!  Ahhhhhhhh!

Last but NOT least, it is the last day of October and it is also the favorite kiddie day of Fall--Halloween!  So to all those youngins out there (whether young in age or young at heart), I am wishing one and all a.................

Lydia

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 166

@n566192l.   Check this link out:  https://msu.edu/~chenange/KBS/cutout.html

hawk.gif

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 166

49* cloudy and looking forward to a warm up for 2 days.

@LaDolceVita 

I've been there when I lived in cabin 1997-2000, my mother came to live with wife , 2 dogs and me.

For our sanity sometimes I had a CNA or Aide stay with mother when I needed to finish closing in cabin. Cutting firewood or chinking. Or doing the 7 hour trip down to check on sister (cancer), bro-in-law (dropped 40feet from staging to concrete), etc. And their daughters.He lived , sister didn't.

Medicare/Medicaid/insurance does/did cover Visiting Nurses Association and Aides if you do have them where you live. And other options when you need to be 6 places at once.

Call around you may get find some respite. We certainly needed to. 

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users