Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Social Butterfly

Daily traffic issues

I couldn't find a forum to initiate this topic so starting here.

We in Nevada are seeing an uptick in wrong way traffic accidents, most resulting in tradegy.

My neighbor and I chatted about this and wonder why the groups that study this have not recommended those wrong-way tire spikes (the ones that won't let you leave a parking garage without paying) aren't part of our infrastructure? I know there are some as I seem to remember driving over them somewhere (perhaps Oklahoma or Arizona).

We know those have been around for years; why isn't this a regular part of all roadway construction?

I am sure we're not the only area having this issue. It is heartbreaking to know families are being devastated by these preventable issues.

Any Traffic Engineers who could address this, and how do we bring it to be standard practice?

Thanks in advance!

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

The only reason that I can think of to not have these implemented is emergency vehicles- I know that I often have to pull to the side to let emergency vehicles through on the wrong side of boulevards in my area. Otherwise, a great idea! Perhaps a ideal solution on highway on/off ramps? 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@WebWiseWoman 

This is not a political group.  What you want is POLITICS, CULTURE EVENTS at link:

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/bd-p/bg25

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK wrote:

@WebWiseWoman 

This is not a political group.  What you want is POLITICS, CULTURE EVENTS at link:

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/bd-p/bg25

DaveMcK, I've always respected you but think maybe there's a hack, as I cannot figure how a traffic (actually driving) thing is better suited to politics, unless it's meant since that child has never driven himself?

Just asking,,,

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@WebWiseWoman  I'm sure that this topic is fine to brainstorm here! Given the political climate in this country I'm concerned about opening the door to debating our top political topics of the day here.

I hope you see my concerns of others bring political topics here.

Thanks 

Dave 

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP