Join AARP panelists live Nov. 18 for a free webinar on ride-sharing. Register now to learn more about apps like Uber and Lyft.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! SEPTEMBER- OCTOBER 2019

Message 21 of 165

Good morning, Peepers!

Fall is in full swing and I am loving it! The leaves have turned all colors--red, orange, yellow, pinkish-red.  Beautiful!  Nature's last burst before the sleep of winter overtakes.  Every season has it's own bit of glory and "color" is the glory of Fall.

So now that I have waxed philosophic....

Lydia

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 165

Greetings,

My local news had a little segment on today, about this guy in Tennessee who grow over a 900 lbs pumpkin. He turned the pumpkin into a boat and was rowing around a lake. He just looked so happy. 

The rain is gone, sun is out and shining. Enjoy your day. Nancy

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 165

Morning all Wednesday awoke to Messiah as an alarm on IPhone, stumbled down the stairs to have coffee. Forgot filter I hope it Improves from here.

Expresso grounds first thing

in am with call in progress not good. 

50* under darkened skies awaiting the skies to open up with rain.

One more day to something, y'all have a good day and never ever answer the phone at 4am. And expect to be alert from 8-10am.😇

Froze

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 165

Happy Monday, Everyone,

Nothing exciting happening here in the Philly burbs...for me anyway. It's 66 and sunny; a real pretty day.

Yesteray it rained and rained and rained. Tomorrow it will rain and rain and rain. So it's nice to have a break every other day or so.

Tomorrow is breakfast with my teacher friends. Wednesday is the dentist, oh goodie.

I have used my electric blanket nightly since Friday. I have also had the heat on over the weekend. Guess it's really fall now.

That about wraps up the news from here. Back to you in the newsroom. N

Monday and coffee.jpgYep!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 165

Greetings,

Friday night a girl friend and I went to see the 5th Dimension. Great show. One of the original members of the band was actually there. She looked great and can still sing.

Saturday, I drove to wine tasting event at Bellview Winery. Great sunny day to just soak up some rays. I'm not much of a wine drinker, loved the wine names. Names, like Jersey 😈 ,  Under the Arbor. ETC.

Just raining here . Today, I learned where the sterile cats get fed. So, I am going to be helping out with the 🐈.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 165

Guess Winter might be on the way, woke up to 31* morning and actually turned up the furnace to 65*.

Will still be a while before the last mulch of the season and last mow. When weeds are 3' it takes a bit to become manageable.

Furnace will be cleaned next week, new coat of paint to Lopi yesterday, and chores are being done slowly.

Today is somewhere between EXPRESSO and Arabica coffee, actually both.😎

Froze

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 165

Good morning, All !!!

Just passing by to say "Hi!"

Have a blessed Sunday and a great day!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 165

Good Friday morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Our temp now is 48* and looking forward to it reaching 58 this afternoon. We still have a lot of leaves on the trees. Hoping to get tulips planted yet but I need to get the old growth mowed off first. 

Hoping everyone has a great and restful weekend. 

1470945486-halloween-porch-0044.jpgHave-a-great-weekend.-On-image-of-maps-and-camera-768x1226.jpg72365493_3279561438750872_7012306028012240896_o.jpgFiestaware mug and plant pots11233333_1181854605177990_7908962683884300691_n.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 165

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this Saturday morning. We are waiting for the start of the Wisconsin Badgers and the University of Illinois at Champaign. The Badger are undefeated and are favored to win.  The game starts at 11:00 AM.

72130645_2762548563777327_4734385288384610304_n.jpg71181309_1119840738219438_8132886046628118528_o.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 165

Morning Everybody!

It's a pleasant 37 degrees right now at just before 7am.  We're expecting a high of 61 degrees by about 4 o'clock this afternoon.  We shall see what we shall see!  But as usual, I am snug as a bug in a rug while watching Hallmark Channel's perpetual Christmas movies and enjoying my first cuppa coffee.

Plans for today include a little grocery shopping and supply-getting and then meeting up with an old friend who's going through a particularly rough patch right now.  We've been friends for over forty years.  So we're more like family than just friends.  I like to say we are "framily!"  Anyway, I'm going to try to shore her up with dinner and a movie, a quietly listening ear, and a shoulder if she needs it.  Afterall, that's what friends are for.  

Before the weekend comes to an end, I hope to do the last mow for the season. The yard is rather shaggy.  So I intend to limp/drag myself around the yard while pushing the mower to and fro. Soon the leaves will fall and raking will be much easier without the tall grass to deal with as well.

Anyway, my vacation is fast coming to an end and I will be returning to work on tomorrow.  Ugh!  And yet, I have to say "Yay!" as well.  For although, I have greatly enjoyed these days of leisure, I am equally happy to have a job and work that I yet enjoy to get back to!

So Peepers, be good and good to you.  Enjoy the weekend and have fun.  Moreover, whether you get together with friends and/or family or just enjoy the quietness and peace of solitude,...... E-N-J-O-Y!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22