AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! SEPTEMBER- OCTOBER 2019

Message 51 of 165

@n566192l 

Admit I'm lazy on posting links, still do copy/paste bit, easy on Windows or iOS iphone.

Might be capable of doing on Androids (don't know) only recover or hack the dang things.

Slap your digit down on address bar in browser, copy highlights, paste in new window for AARP or whatever web site. Then continue with life.

I tend to have many browsers on my phone, and pc. Google chrome allows multiple tabs for browser.I'm always testing the newest whiz bang browser or app for people/customers/friends.

@MsStretch 

Thanx stretch I'm just not Android proficient, unless rooting .Kinda like macOS hacking at terminal mode.Or Windows from a command prompt.🤣

60* and sunny for the moment, firewood is gaining and last night I was happy had supplies on hand 33* dang.

Nice and toasty in house, burning old bills and firewood.

Depending upon moments of lucidity (new med's) May be back on Friday/Saturday, still feel like Iron Butterfly.

Which is something to add to my iTunes, as soon as I find the right hard drive.

Enjoy all

Froze

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 165

MsStretch,

I decided not to post my local drama on the Morning Roll Call. I did share the link through messaging.  Thanks for sharing the link about the diamonds. 

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 165

@n566192l , I did see the story about the 2 diamonds. Extraordinary!

Did the method I told you for posting links not work?  I am coming at you from Android tablet, so let's try this again.  I tapped on Share icon for an article.  Options include message, mail, etc.  I chose Copy To Clipboard.  (Or, depending on Android version, it may say Copy Link or similar language.)  Next, I am here at Front Porch.  I long-press where to place link, like here and tap on Paste.

https://www.dummies.com/consumer-electronics/smartphones/droid/how-to-share-a-web-page-from-your-and...

Voila!  There it is!

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 165

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this Thursday morning in October 2019. 

We are looking at a cooling period over the next few days with some rain.  We are not expecting to get the snow they are getting from Colorado Colorado North to the Dakotas. 

Hoping everyone is having a great day. 

71320225_10220354356473856_7771414933207515136_n.jpg71554089_1534770743332489_2281120941234716672_n.jpg70925846_10220439649525179_7095290723225829376_n.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 165

Greetings,

Did anyone else see on the News, where they found a diamond inside of a diamond. ? The story is just great and so is nature. I think this is something special. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your day. 

Sunny and cool here. If anyone can help me out with posting the details about the diamond I would appreciate it. 

Thanks Nancy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 165

@Frozenoem, fantastic about the skeleton!  I am sure ALL of us can't wait to see those pictures!

Dora is done.  One big pile of sog.  She really needs a burial... in the nearest trashcan, but nobody wants to touch her.  No telling what critters and creepy crawlies may be lurking.  I'll defer to the owners of the property to do the right thing (they started it, I just helped with some finishing touches and keeping Dora seasonal).  Although I was eyeballing the flagpole the other day wondering how I could take advantage of it.  Still got my cat skeletons, maybe I'll stick them running up the pole.  And haven't forgotten the orange pumpkin head with yellow straw hair. Woman Wink

Congrats to the Eagles, @catwoman500 .  I was surprised to see Jay Gruden still coaching at the last Redskins game, but as it turned out, it was his LAST game.  And I can't keep up with the merry-go-round of QBs they cycle through each week.  *Sighs*

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 165

Good Afternoon Porch Peeps,

We are standing at 55 and feeling like 52 because it is a bit windy. Rain showers off and on.

Looks like we'll be having that rain stuff for a few days, too.

I have to update you on our dinner Monday night:

Everything was going along just fine. We were at the Olive Garden and had just been served the salad and breadsticks. I was wiping my hands on the napkin on my lap when all of a sudden there was a sharp pain in the palm of my hand. I pulled my hand up and a wee shard of glass fell off my hand and onto the floor. Of course my hand was bleedng even though the cut was miniscule and the only thing available was the cloth napkin to wipe the blood. I am not one of those people who like to be the center of attention, but when the waiter came back to ask how everything was so far, one of the girls told him what happened and asked him to bring me another napkin. We are still not sure how a shard of glass got rolled into the napkin along with the silverware, but on with the saga...The waiter tells the manager and he came over to apologize, insisted that they pay for my meal, and told us to order 2 desserts on the house. I thought that was very nice, but my friend said they did that because they were afraid of being sued. HA! That is not how I roll, so that wouldn't have happened.

So, that was the excitement for the week in this part of my world. Cat LOL

Hope everyone has comfortable temps and more sun than there is here.

Eagles won big on Sunday! Cat Very Happy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 165

Afternoon Wednesday 56* and sunny still playing in garage, bringing in firewood to house.

Expecting a rainy Northeaster this weekend, least it's not snow.

But, forecast is calling for high winds and 30* overnight temps.

Hope all are doing well, will return eventually, just have been occupied preparing for Winter!

And ghosts and goblins.

@MsStretch I finally found the skeleton at Home Depot or Lowe's. Not everyone can have a Dora.( My Brain May be on vacation this week).

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 165

56* raining and will continue, Folgers to be replaced by DD really soon. Tonight promises warm temp's overnight.

Colder weather is coming judging by the test firing of snow cannons last night at Sunday River Ski Resort.

Bringing in Firewood from garage to house, prefer to keep some happiness (dry heat) in the wood box.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 165

Hi, All,

We'll be having a nice warm day today. In the 70's, but then the rain comes.

Out for dinner with the "girls" tonight. Hope the rain holds off.

@LydiaN586309 ...oh, a kindred spirit, here. Every morning that I don't have to be somewhere I get up, grab coffee, and then head back to bed with the coffee and my phone. The Today show is on, so I catch up with the news and weather and read my emails and play a game or 2.

Guess it will soon be time for me to bring down the electric blanket, too.

Have a lovely week, Peeps! N.

coffee-in-bed-1094.jpgAhhhh, Heaven!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion: