Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL OCTOBER DECEMBER 2021

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning everyone on this FRIDAY morning October 1st, 2021. 

a62b8dad7d9bc901c3175e9854f65c39.jpg

71315842 (1).jpeg

0256be524b14f9bf6d5e81f9af9a8f39.jpg

d6916e728b4ccbb2e480317b17aaf6b6.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning everyone on this SUNDAY morning October 3rd, 2021. 

It's 65* this morning with showers early this morning. 

Coffee is ready and waiting to order some breakfast.

CBS Sunday Morning news will start soon. 

FB_IMG_1631453315445.jpg

FB_IMG_1631453373365.jpg

FB_IMG_1632061506416.jpg

FB_IMG_1631453342753.jpg

20210924_105200.jpg

FB_IMG_1631454526460.jpg

d6916e728b4ccbb2e480317b17aaf6b6.jpg

20210923_150340.jpg

Fall decorations are appearing all over campus and ushering the change of the season. Our Granddaughter visited the pumpkin patch last week. 

8668.jpeg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Recognized Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK   A great picture of your granddaughter, it is sure a keeper.   @Frozenoem  I hope you are feeling well,  your posts from last month are confusing.   I am behind on reading here.  I have been trying to pack and throw away stuff.  I am hoping to have the move done by Christmas but then I was hoping to start moving in October.  Trying to get medical check ups behind me so I do not have to do any of that  after  moving, at least for a while.  Oh yeah, everyone has followed me north, traffic is like Atlanta traffic now.   Perhaps it will slow after the fall festivals are over.

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita 

Feeling about the same as last year or two?Gain 20 lbs and lose quickly, so much for New Year resolutions of gaining and keeping weight on.

Went an hour away to Rangeley, ME for color change, and pickup some crafted beer.

4AE6A042-9D03-48C4-BF19-CEA8FEBBCB08.jpeg

Next week schedule booster for Phizer and Flu shot, then get them.

Hospitals are filling up with Covid patients with -19, mu and delta variants, all normal surgical repairs are considered elective and delayed.

Never get sick during a pandemic🤣

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Morning, Porch Peeps,

Damp and dreary here today and for a lot of this week. Storms woke me up in the middle of the night. This new bedroom window was open and apparently more rain comes in than with the old window. LOL All windows closed now as it is chilly.

@DaveMcK …your food pictures always make me hungry! Love the lil’ punkin’ in the pumpkins!

@LaDolceVita … Throwing away as you pack is a great idea. Beats having to have a yard sale as soon as you get to a new place! 😸

@Frozenoem …Gorgeous photo.

It’s so true that normal people who get sick during this pandemic are the ones who lose out on care they should be getting.

I see the doc on Monday and while there will get my flu shot and I have scheduled my vaccine booster for the 20th.

Leaving soon for a haircut. Stepson is hammering and drilling away, so I’m happy to escape the noise. Some kind of inspection is this afternoon.

You all stay well!

cats scared about no coffee.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 

Afternoon 70* and sunshine, after a week of rain or cold, only one 30* night.

Had to clean a solar panel for power and elevation for cell today.

Not enough signal for newest 5G whiZbang heart monitor so, had to return to house for day and does work 4G land.

Think I’ll stay down here for day and then return to the woods (perhaps)🤔 If I can find my cellphone extender - external antenna for Semi’s.

Supposed to remain within cell phone land for another month🤬, I’d rather be unreachable until snow flies or the last local leaf blows away.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK @Frozenoem @LaDolceVita @MsStretch 

Hello, Porch Peeps,

Where is everyone? I know I haven’t been here for a few days, but it looks like no one else has been either. Hoping it’s because everyone is busy doing some exciting stuff.

Not much exciting going on around here other than construction…which is pretty exciting to me. Right now Stepson is working away and all the windows are open so I’m freezing. LOL

Other than that, a friend and I went out for Chinese on Friday. This week is pretty busy though. Doc appointment yesterday, glasses adjusted today, lunch out tomorrow, dentist on Thursday, and breakfast out on Saturday. Now that you know my schedule, who really cares? HA! I’ve always said I don’t do social media because I really don’t care if so and so is cleaning out their frig or making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, etc. 🤣

But on the subject of doctor appointments…Does anyone else feel like they are getting the “bum’s rush” when they visit their primary? I feel like an old fogey (surprise! I am!) when I say my doc who retired always seemed to take the time to go over everything, and it was a rather relaxing visit, getting the necessary done, but also taking the time to talk about other things. Yesterday, I felt like this new doc was talking a mile a minute, and I had like the old “TV 5 second delay.” If I didn’t answer right away, she’d ask again. Then, she turned the computer so I could see, and like a tech wizard, she went over all the millions of things that were on the screen. I couldn’t move my eyes that fast! I was supposed to have my annual wellness check, too, and instead of all the fun, quiz-like questions… like subtracting by 7’s from 100, and pointing out which shape was a square, etc, she just had me draw the clock, and remember only 3 words, not 5. I’m certainly glad she didn’t think I had dementia, but I used to kind of enjoy all those questions…it was like feeling smart when you watch Jeopardy! Oh, well. So then I got my flu shot and that was it. Was sent on my way with a prescription for the next bloodwork and a stapled copy of the summary of the visit. Not sure how that was visit summary was accomplished so fast, but there it was.

Covid booster coming up next week for me.

Hoping you all are doing well!

Time for another cup...Time for another cup...

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 

Still amongst the living for now, was busy trying to catch the Northern Lights last night.After eye doctor appt and dilated pupils, figured dark rooms and empty lakes were great idea.No pix until I watermark.

Now busy waiting for UPS pick up & drop off, about as exciting as watching paint dry.

For more excitement calling around for Phizer booster appt, 70 is approaching. Dentist won’t fix crowns without booster. 

And with Alpha, Delta and Mu, can’t really blame him, plus he NEEDS his booster and will be out of office until we’re both safe. Think he may also be trying to get some last minute flyfishing in🤣.

That’s about all that’s fit to print, without more expletives and more doctors appointments🤬😡🤬😡.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

October already?! BOO! 🎃👻

Honored Social Butterfly

Boo and hiss to October, nip to the air and those pesky leaves are starting to change.53* for a high and rain constantly falling.

Next week when warmer , will start moving the wood pile to garage.👍

Froze

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP