Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! OCTOBER -DECEMBER 2020 CLOSED

Goodbye 2020, Hello 2021.

goodbye september hello october.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

Afternoon 31* and sunny.

@catwoman500 

No need to worry about either Chip or Dale have live traps for 2 floors.”Just one bite” for crawl space.

They will be taken care of😷And yes, they are adorable outside, inside not so, much. Dime size holes they fit through, packing with steel wool now!

Guess this means we’re in for cold Winter, I’m not the only one in town 🤣.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Now this is scary, it’s 21*, snowing and I’m awake for a delivery.

Gotta love it, did I miss a season somewhere. Think I’m starting a fire in the stove.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this Tuesday morning in 2020. We are expecting temps in the lower 30's with skies clearing this afternoon!.

Hoping everyone has a restful day.

Meet our youngest daughter Emma Johnson's first child.
Adalyn Reece Johnson joined us just after noon Friday. We couldn't be more in love. She is the perfect addition to our family! We are so happy to introduce our new granddaughter to you.

Yesterday my wife Mary got to meet her new Granddaughter and hold  her.

Adalyn Reece Johnson

1205pm 10/23/2020

6lbs 14oz. 19 inches 

123057854_10223410344746608_2180358863680618728_o.jpg122473128_10107911636833428_5716739246392446316_o.jpg122995902_10223410383987589_8041383960758394663_n.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi there, Peeps,

Not much going on here, so I haven’t had much to relate.

Today I had breakfast with a friend. I continue being very lucky when dining out. This time there were only 2 other tables occupied when we were there.

Sunday I struck it lucky with a lottery scratch off…$100. Made my day!

That’s about it for news.

@LydiaN586309 …I understand about the laundry. I can only do one load each time because it is 3 trips down and 3 trips back up just for one load. Way too hard for these old body parts. Stepson is coming on Thursday to take more measurements and show me his drawing/plan of what he has in mind for this addition and renovation. Of course now that the weather is getting colder this will not take place until spring. Hopefully the next time I go to the basement…tomorrow…I won’t get stuck down there. Each trip down and back seems to get harder. Now my “better” knee is giving out sometimes on the stairs. Hope I live long enough to have the washer and dryer on the first floor!

@Frozenoem ….snow! Must be getting’ close to winter. Keep it up there, please! 😸

@DaveMcK …darling little g-baby. Congrats! 😻

Stay well everyone!

I feel sooooo stupid! They told me it was a costume party!I feel sooooo stupid! They told me it was a costume party!

coffee witch.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

334564.gif

Mornin' Peepers!

It's Sunday. I'm up and awake and I guess you all are too 'cause you're readin' this.  Hope all is good in your necka the woods.  But that's all for now cuz it's "that" time....

Be good and good to you!

Lyds

Honored Social Butterfly

Afternoon all 38* and sunny, feels like a touch of Autumn. Have firewood in, tempted to start a fire last night @ 20*.Resisted the urge.

Time for what else caffeine, and another hike but, think I’m going to first unpack my Winter clothes and waterproof them.

Feels like Winters on its way for nighttime temps.

Froze

Social Butterfly

013dab8183614a412d0c235427bbff71.jpg

Hello everyone!!! Hope everyone is doing well and in good spirits 🙂. Seems like Fall has finally arrived in Arizona, do hope everyone's enjoy the beautiful change in season. May you all have a blessed weekend and don't forget to vote 🙂👍

Honored Social Butterfly

@OscarE1968 

No worries on voting as long as I’m above ground it will happen.

Any chance you went to zoo mass read your bio, and something rang a chord.With a few of your posts. 

Welcome to the group, need caffeine, can hardly spell at this point.

Bloodline diluted since 1636, in Quebec.

Froze

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

5884220e5d66b97a2af1cded55b17013--good-morning-picture-morning-pictures.jpg

Good morning, Porch Peepers!

Thank God it's Friday.

party-gifs-its-friday.gif

I've been waiting all week for this day to come and now that it is here, I intend to rest, relax, do some major homecookin', and binge watch as much of the three seasons of  "Killing Eve" as I can in the next two or three days.  

We've had several days of rain, rain, rain and then we had some mighty cold temps and lotza fog last night.  But I was delighted to awaken this morning to blue skies with mash potato clouds and  wonderful S-U-N-S-H-I-N-E!!!  What a welcomed change to the gloom of the past few days.  

So I slept kinda late for me this morning.   But I dragged myself (hips, arthritis, self-explanatory)......

11055570_1569749493292827_2082483585_n.jpgto the kitchen for a smoothie breakfast and a....

hands-holding-coffee-beans-heart-shape-pile-arabica-47953115.jpg

cup of coffee.  Well, the cup really looked a little more like...

OIP (25).jpg this.

After that, I limped/dragged my resistant legs and aforementioned hips to the basement where I successfully completed a full load of laundry; only one load as I could NOT talk myself into doing another.  

Back upstairs, I opened yesterday's mail and dutifully paid bills all while sipping that cup of brew.  I emptied and cleaned the contents of my work lunch bag and cleaned up the kitchen as well.  After that, I tenor.giftook to the sofa to.....ah watch tv and the birds on my patio.   

After a long week like this one, it's nice to have nothing in particular to do and no particular place to be--other than being home.   

Anyway, here's hoping you all are enjoying the here and now of today.  Hope your weather is as you like it and your body isn't protesting too much (if you know what I mean).

Everybody take care, be safe, and be good to you!

dancing_bear.gif324419-Happy-Friday.gif

Lydia

Trusted Social Butterfly

Still enjoying the best weather days of the year AND lots of peppers.  Gotta love the long growing season.  

Still having problems with mom's dog and scratched cornea.  I  have done everything I was told to do, including the head cone and last night the eye looked bad to my untrained eye.  She is at the vet for drop off appointment and so I wait for the dreaded phone call.

Honored Social Butterfly

My main pain is that the right side of the function bar is not there! As you all know I like increase the size of the font and post in blue print. Must be interesting in the political groups to have this rolled out just before the elections. 

10432946_590335374403904_2859979991791019217_n.jpg109172095_10223579380703421_2084773471934443043_n.jpg107971394_3029346367133638_2899145191453730361_n.jpg119833239_1659205457593728_8990578201465008779_n.png20200922_194227.jpg

Super Contributor

Teacher: "Okay class let's start by sharing our dreams. What's yours David?"

David: "My dream is to earn $20,000 a month like my dad."

Teacher: "Wow! Your dad earns that much?"

David: "No ma'am, that's also my dad's dream."

David Eig
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi there, Porch Peeps,

Thought I’d give it a few days to see if anything got straightened out here, but guessing that is a “NO, NOT MUCH.”

Miss seeing the list of top taggers and kudos on the pages where the posts are.

Weekend was my normal routine. Finally turned the heat on. Sunday morning it was 36 when I woke up. Mostly chilly mornings now, but it has been warming up a bit in the afternoons.

Yesterday was our fourth lunch outing.  Another success. Only one other table was occupied inside where we were, but lots of outside tables were filled.

@Frozenoem …love the poster about election being an IQ test. LOL 😹 On that note, I got an email from voter services that my ballot was received, so Whew! One hurdle over. Now to hope it is counted correctly.

Car has to go in for an oil change tomorrow so I'll need to set an early alarm. 😾

Hoping you are all healthy and safe. See y'all later!

On to my chores! Maybe more coffee first!On to my chores! Maybe more coffee first!

Honored Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK , I had to laugh at your comment about the political group.  For sure, there is a discussion going on about the 'new & improved' look. 😄

About posting in increased size and blue font, there is still a toolbar with those options. Here is a screenshot of what I'm looking at:

AARPforum101920.png
Click on the 3 dots [] at the end to expand the toolbar.  

Honored Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK 

The changes may take awhile to roll out, judging by the last 20-ish years in AARP land👍.

For changing fonts and colors, use Windows computer.🤣

Eventually things will work for now it’s just italic or bold selection for changing text, only on

iOS phones.

Don’t know about Androids phones or tablets, don’t use either. If you do go to AARP site mentioned at end of page or mentioned by @MsStretch above or below.

Amazingly enough AARP is actually answering questions and trying to fix hiccups quickly.

Instructionals coming for new and improved AARP, what icons mean and how to enter conversations or create new.

I’m surprised at response times with AARP Michael ? Within minutes.If he’s working days, a guess.

Tell them what isn’t working as intended and they will assist. No longer just Windows computers accessing site (like the good old days). Now, it’s iOS and Androids smartphones and tablets. Windows 10,8 and 7 for some diehards or Vista give me a break.

Now perhaps sleep🙏 Have been up since 3 am, 1 hour just isn’t cutting it today.

New subject, start it.

New reply a la  original front Porch click on reply in those messages, might get this fixed within a week or two if enough input comes into site. Unlike the earlier Re-writes of months🤣👎🏻

Tell or show them your options in different phones, laptops, etc best I can offer time to turn off Wifi, cell and phones.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem , Options are still there to change size and color, just hit the 3 dots [...] to expand the toolbar in the Reply textarea. 😁

Albeit, I haven't played with this on iPhone yet.

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch 

Must be view on computer, no dots other than bullets on iPhone, near as I can see.

Acorns flexed case on phone and presently reworking solder joints on the thing.

Modern technology is becoming a peeve, in case will survive 20 foot plummet to granite. But, go oopsie on an acorn different story.

Thanx

Froze

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem , coming at you from iOS 14 and this is sucky. No menu expansion. WTF?! No video option and a few other handy-dandy options I use. ☹️ Outta here. Back to the PC.

Honored Social Butterfly

Another peeve for aarp to work on. now iOS 14.0.1 and .good morning or night.

44* raining 👍 and wondering about career change to anything but, computers Had one guidance counselor think I could thrive as Shepherd, traveling the range in my horse drawn trailer

1 hour sound sleep to full pot at 0430 really not good, plug hdd in and sleep it can work while I return to dreamland😷.

So when do people finally decide they’ve had enough fun working, and really it’s time to quit, retire or surrender to time marching on, inquiring minds asking for a friend.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem The 3 ... flash by when the reply box opens! It is a hit or miss thing on my android cell or tablet. I need a functioning tool bar not a reflex game. These things should have been ironed out before they went live. The program developers should have known that this was an issue during testing and not expected the end users to do their job. I've been around computers from 1968 when I went into the Army Signal Corps. These computers were used to encrypt voice and teletype messages. The troops in Vietnam needed equipment that worked out of the box and not having to field test them for the Pentagon. Hoping everyone has a great day. 

FB_IMG_1554921229879.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Hate to agree/disagree but, it’s not just an Apple or Windows world anymore. Toss a little Android, Linux, Unix into the mix and results may vary.

I originally updated my iOS to fix an issue with battery and screen, when in doubt update.🤣 Everything! after backup.

Android give em AARP time or check for driver updates. Definitely tell em of your problem with device, and what it is, etc. so they know what doesn’t work today.iOS same thing on phone, to get reply to post to work on virtual keyboard check Mark . Now, it almost always works.

Wherever @MsStretch post noted to in earlier message, frak gremlins at work didn’t hyperlink like normal. Works on preview only, that’s new. Or I never noticed before, 3 weeks on iPhone not Windows or Android.

The good news, actual answer within hours not days, as in past.

More information from different people they know (narrow down) what doesn’t work on this, that or another operating system.

By operating system, version, build number, brands, etc.Last week updated bios to fix issue with virtual keyboard in Windows tablet and display on AMD something Rhyzen maybe.

Need caffeine , gripe.Know where your coming from Dave, AUtoVon didn’t work outta the box, or ARPANet🤣

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK , good point.  I haven't tried accessing on my Android tablet.

I guess I'll wander over to About Our Community and see if anybody has posted about the mobile devices (iOS/Android) problems.

Honored Social Butterfly

The new and improved AARP is what it is🤣 different but, have managed to post. Still working out 🐜 🕷 

Maine remains weather patterns confusion 54* and sunny. 30 minutes up the road/100 feet elevation change 3” snow. An hour / 200’ elevation = 6” snow. Here rain. Stuff happens and we continue .🤣

Guess I’ll figure out eventually when Winter begins and Autumn ends. Time to clean stove of ash, haul wood and prepare for the inevitable 🤣

November 3rd looking forward to, I 🙏, and a change of leadership to someone who believes the economy is not the stock market!

46255070-7CB9-464C-B239-588C8BEE17C0.jpeg

8E9A8616-3AE0-42AD-AE7B-5B2FE5A2AA11.jpeg

That’s about as non-political as I can be, enjoy your day.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi folks.  No emails from AARP  in my spam folder or inbox.   Do I have to reset something?

@LydiaN586309   I need something fast & loud to rouse me most days  

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita , I still get notifications in my Inbox, even after the changes. Try opening the ▶ Additional options menu below the textarea when replying and check off Email me when someone replies.

Your video reminds me of Leavenworth, WA, a Bavarian village in the Cascades that we went to while visiting my brother a couple of years ago.  (We had all lived in Germany as kids, so we welcomed a little déjà vu.)  In the evening, a Bavarian band played in the town square.  It was great rollicking fun. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch 

Second on Leavenworth, WA for video, visited an uncle who lived there. 
Never made it to Germany, close but, no cigar.🤣

32* and looking forward to snow, it will be snow of more rain -total 💩shoot or roll of the 🎲 Promise me 5” I go to snow mode.Softer when you fall on acorns.

Still getting used to the boards, clicking on additional options not working on IOS 14, maybe later on Win10 when I return to home.

Correction it works after many presses👍Time for caffeinated beverage need to trim some trees, had a gale blow last night.

Darn on edit missed first snow by 200 feet of elevation, camp got first snow.

B5C1F737-759E-42C7-9F40-2C07B6439FEC.jpeg

Froze 

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning, Peepers!

Wow, I've been way for a few days and I come back to a AARP forum world of confusion!

The posts seemed to be out of order and really mixed up.  I've already voiced my displeasure with this so-called new format to AARP.  They invite your feedback.  So give it if you feel inclined to do so.

Anyway, it's getting colder here (54 degrees), but at least it's dry today.   The scattered thunderstorms of a few days ago, have now passed and the sun is expected to rule the day.  The leaves are already falling with abandon now.  And even though I'll have little to no problem in my front yard, the back yard will be a challenge.  I have no trees actually growing in my back yard,  but the neighbors' trees are massive and right near the fence line on all three sides.  So there will be much raking to be done soon....or in springtime.  We shall see.

This morning I'm in a mood and thought I'd share with you all just where I'm at and what I'm doing to elevate.  Music, they say, calms the savage beast and so I've found quite a few songs that are doing just that for me.  Here's one.   So here goes:

Have a great weekend Peepers!

Lydia

Honored Social Butterfly

I just want to say that I really hate this new system.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Agreed, life is hard  and message boards should not be.   I will try to navigate this site now 🙀

Trusted Social Butterfly

OK done with site navigation.  I see porch folks all doing OK except for minor aggravations.   All is well here too except a scratch on the cornea of one of the dogs.  Third trip to the vet today.

We are continuing with Camelot weather which includes gentle rains from the hurricane and  peppers from the garden.   Planning some outdoor fun before the colder air gets here.  I do not think about the virus much anymore,  just keep a mask available.  Very happy to have my car back, had a devil of a time keeping up with the masks while it was gone.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP