MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! OCTOBER -DECEMBER 2020 CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! OCTOBER -DECEMBER 2020 CLOSED

Goodbye 2020, Hello 2021.

goodbye september hello october.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

Morning, Folks!

It's been a ride this past week or so.  Been helping one of my senior friends who is pretty much shut-in.  Did her grocery shopping and cleaned up her kitchen and did some laundry for her.  I am truly happy to even be able to help her as she has no family in the immediate area.  So we have become family to each other. During our get-togethers, we usually do something constructive (chores) all the while cracking jokes, breaking bread, and just enjoying each others company.  Still yet I have to finish up with that tree I cut down in her back yard a few weeks ago now.  I want to cut up as much of that tree as I can and get it to my place to dry out as it will keep me in firewood for months.  I'm planning to take a few days off from work very soon--just to rest and catch my breath.  So I plan on tackling that big job then.

The weather here has been absolutely wonderful especially considering that we are well into fall.  It has been in the seventies for the last few days and I hope that it continues.  Oh, what  a happy camper I would be if we could have such mild weather as this all year 'round!

As the year draws closer to it's end, I must say I am thankful for each passing day.  But I will not miss 2020 when it is over and that's for sure! 

Anyway, I hope this day finds each and everyone healthy, happy, and doing well in your pursuits. 

OIP (29).jpg

Well, y'all know it's that time.....

ab0ccbd33bbb6664c01f181955fccd6a.jpg

Lydia

Super Contributor

Deep in the back woods of Tennessee, a farmer's wife went into labor in the middle of the night and the doctor was called out to assist in the delivery.

Since there was no electricity, the doctor handed the father-to-be a lantern and said,
"Here. You hold this high so I can see what I am doing."

Soon, a baby boy was brought into the world.

"Whoa there," said the doctor, "don't be in such a rush to put that lantern down.

I think there's another one coming." Sure enough,

within minutes he had delivered a baby girl.

"Hold that lantern up, don't set it down there's another one!" said the doctor.

Within a few minutes he had delivered a third baby.

"No, don't be in a hurry to put down that lantern, it seems there's

yet another one coming!" cried the doctor.

The farmer scratched his head in bewilderment, and asked the doctor,

"You think it might be the 

David Eig
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@LydiaN586309 

73* and sunny here and know it won’t last , 3 more days before cold air returns.

Hope your planning on splitting to dry quicker with your new firewood.

One cord has been stacked since last year, with 2 cords drying since March of this year, like to let it dry for at least 6 months.

Keeps the Lopi Liberty happy, my old Fisher Grandpaw only liked 3 year old hardwoods and burned 8 cords per year.Modern double burn woodstove beats old radiant stoves. The Lopi produces same amount of heat using 2-3 cords👍

And now it’s off to the garage to tune up my chainsaws, and annoy the neighbors, feel like 2cellos blasting away on old Sansui.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this  warm, sunny Sunday 2020 with a high of 73 which would be a record temp!  Hoping everyone had a restful night's sleep. 

Yes Election results are starting to coming in! Hurry! Hurrah! May your weekend be restful!

1080x360.jpeg119070850_5220055008020180_7785716306265231573_n.jpg119049294_3784121251652679_8555555060244376425_n.jpg120720556_3579125602140194_2264524093879472355_n.jpgFB_IMG_1499385914120.jpgeleanor-roosevelt-1587584098.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Afternoon, Porch Peeps!

Happy Monday!Happy Monday!

Ran my errands this morning and almost felt hot by the last one! It's 75 here in the Philly burbs!

Would love to get some porch time in before the rain hits on Wednesday and the cooler temps arrive. 

Think I'll go grab another cuppa Joe and my book.

Hope your weather is as nice as this!

Y'all take care!

lady in coffee.gif

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch on this mild, sunny Saturday 2020 with a high of 69!  Hoping everyone had a restful night's sleep. 

Yes Election day is over! Hurry! Hurrah! May your weekend be restful!

Our Granddaughter Adalyn is two weeks old! We are so happy to have her as the newest member of our family. She is also with her folks in the collage.

123841292_10223501278859904_558006333892826255_o.jpg

359667-Happy-Weekend-My-Friend.jpgFB_IMG_1542550161001.jpg56622467_10161610339440022_1956575340990038016_n.jpgFB_IMG_1558228993710.jpg

Super Contributor

I went to the doctor for my yearly physical. The nurse started with certain basics.

“How much do you weigh?” she asked.

“135,” I said. The nurse put me on the scale. It turns out my weight is 180.

The nurse asked, “Your height?”

“5 foot 4,” I said.

The nurse checked and saw that I only measure 5 foot 2 inches.

She then took my blood pressure and told me that it is very high.

“Of course it’s high!” I screamed. “When I came in here I was tall and slender!

Now I’m short and fat!”

David Eig
Super Contributor

I’m giving up drinking until Christmas!

Sorry, bad punctuation.

I’m giving up, drinking until Christmas!

David Eig
Honored Social Butterfly

@DavidE760644 

As long as the liquor is flowing, with the Irish Coffee and the election recounts, lawsuits, stop the counts, etc, I think I’ll keep drinking in moderation.

December 14th we’ll see if I can stop drinking. GSA has not signed off on Biden transition budget for staffing, email accounts.

My punctuation ability died sometime circa 1968 with learning my first computer language LisP or list processing. Run ons rock.

It’s sunny 55* and definitely morning Monday? I need coffee, followed by mulching of all those lovely leaves that have fallen from the trees at neighbors request.

She’d prefer for me to toss cleaner snow into her yard.

Figure the turbo boost I installed on my snowblower, should be able to reach 30-40 feet now.

Must be neighborly😷.

@catwoman500 

The reason for odd packaging,” bomb case” was back in 1960 the only way into camp was float/ski plane, hike, sledge or snowmobile, no road access.

Although there was a road built-in 1940 for WW2, it was locked until 66 by paper company. 1970,keys to gate given to camp owners after land became nature preserve.

One gate padlocked to nature preserve, and one gate padlocked to camp(s). Still the same un paved Boulder encrusted 10-20 mph road if you value your truck, boat, etc

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Social Butterfly

Good one @DavidE760644 . I like the idea of starting the day with a joke!

Now to my main stress. Two builders did not bother to return phone calls.   I guess they are very busy with everyone trying to get out of populated areas?   Finally we made a start toward getting something  (modest) built for the homestead.   Costs are way up there so it must be modest. 

Enjoying extended October here😀.  Leaves on the ground, color still in the trees.  Very like a lovely fall postcard.  Much better than spring, say I living in the land of short winters and long hot summers.  I know folks in colder places do not agree🙃.

Maggie the dog update is that her eye is healing w/o the laser surgery and looks pretty good. Still wearing the cone.

Honored Social Butterfly

Sunday sunny and 71*, trees are bare and I think I can mulch before snow flies.

My joke started yesterday with a t press conference next to adult book store, 4 Seasons landscaping in PA, opposite a crematorium. Yes, I am trying to be good, a concession speech would make me happier, vs lawsuits.

Time to hike, need exercise while weather is cooperating.

Froze

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, Everyone,

And to all you who are still "worker bees"...

Enjoy your weekend!Enjoy your weekend!

So...no President yet, but soon, I hope.

What has everyone been doing? I don't see much action, but I do see I have my Ace badge back. YAY! Does everyone have election stress?

To ease mine, I stopped at Starbucks yesterday and got my first Peppermint Mocha of the season...doctored of course to take off about 200 of the calories. It was delicious! and did not look like this other than the cup...

No whip for me. Non fat milk, fewer pumps of peppermint and mocha, but still yummy!No whip for me. Non fat milk, fewer pumps of peppermint and mocha, but still yummy!

And yesterday was the free reusable holiday cup giveaway so I received one of those, too.

Hoping everyone is healthy and staying safe.

We may get to the 70's today! 😲

Honored Social Butterfly

71* sunny on this Saturday afternoon and we seem to have a new President elect.

That’s all I’m saying. I need another IV of caffeine.

@catwoman500 

My election stress was solved by cracking open the bomb case, 1960 Jamison, etc. Previous camp owners wall collection Un opened 16 bottles, packed in WW2 bomb case.🤣

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem ... YES! I'm so happy that it is a wine day for me so I can unwind and smile again. Bet my BP has lowered already. 😻  Enjoy that Jamison's! Interesting way to pack all those bottles!

Statue of Liberty.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this mild, sunny Election Tuesday morning 2020 with a high of 65!  Hoping everyone had a restful night's sleep. 

Yes Election day is here! Hurry! Hurrah!

20201103_080803.jpg

il_794xN.2566425471_qi20.jpg81DQ4daCx6L._SX450_.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

Oh, Peeps, You are not going to believe this...

I actually got an email notification of @DaveMcK 's post this morning!!!! This is the first notification in about a year! I wonder if it's a fluke and this was the only one I'll get???

Anyway, it was sure a nice welcome surprise! Makes me wonder if I may get my Ace badge back on my avatar ???

So, back to normal type. I just had to SHOUT out the news. 😻

Nothing exciting going on around here. Stomach in knots over what may or may not happen when all is tallied after tonight. Will we know by the end of the week?

Thank you to everyone who voted.

Continue to stay safe!

vote meow.gif

I voted.gif

Honored Social Butterfly

21* sunny day with little snow flake action.

Yep, planning to vote later, after mask comes out of dryer.

Small town and population expect no lines and have my pen ready.

Election cake post prohibition style is promised outside polling place, just like the good old days.

Election cake recipe 

Froze

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning, Front Porchers!

I guess I'll be the first to say and to wish you all...

Screen-Shot-2015-11-20-at-15.31.08-e1448033621889.png

Yep, we're in it now and that means winter and snow and the big holidays and the end of the year are all right around the corner.  Personally, I can't wait to cross the 20-20 finish line!  Yippie!

But today is a special day; a big day that many of us have been waiting for.  Yep, today is...

befunky-design34.jpg 

Ummmmm!  So I plan on laying low and staying close to home today while celebrating this tiny holiday with a hefty chicken salad sandwich with all the veggies on some hearty multigrain bread and downing it with iced sweet lemonade.  Yum!  But for those who thought I was gonna mention that "other" special event happening today... Well, I'm not!  However,  the only thing I will say is...

thanks-for-voting.png

Stay healthy.  Keep warm.  Enjoy the day.  And be kind.

Lydia

Honored Social Butterfly

Good Morning, Peeplers!!!

I woke up this morning and just feel in a really good mood.  So I thought I'd share...

Hope y'all catch the feeling!  Have a wonderful day, Everybody!!!

Lydia

Honored Social Butterfly

Morning 23*, gales blowing through and flurries, come the weekend I’ll be dancing as temp’s hit 60’s.

For now, it’s play with fire and plug a hole with steel wool and foam. To keep my little friend out🤣

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this Saturday morning in 2020. We are expecting temps in the lower 50's with clear skies this weekend.

Hoping everyone has a restful day.341061-Pumpkin-Squash-Goodbye-October-Hello-November-Quote.jpg123236928_1267725350261830_1042637034370638754_n.jpg122977139_10158772934302618_8526503700563029505_n.jpgJack-o'-Lantern_2003-10-31.jpgil_794xN.2585782035_p9bq.jpg122855448_1263286754039023_8583428942547718397_n.jpgWeatherly_PA_Halloween_house.jpg May you have a safe and spook free Halloween!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Happy Halloween, Porch Peeps!Happy Halloween, Porch Peeps!

Hope everyone is enjoying a safe Halloween day. I am ready to put out bagged treats in a bowl, but not sure there will be any kids. Neighbors have chairs at the end of their driveway with a fire pit, so I'm sure I'll have a stinky smoky bedroom tonight. UGH!

Very cold today, but at least it dawned sunny.

Don't forget to turn your clocks back tonight!

"Witch" way to the coffee?"Witch" way to the coffee?

Honored Social Butterfly

I love your winking pumpkin! He's just soooo cute!

Honored Social Butterfly

giphy (5).gif

Good morning, Porch Peepers!

We're now at the end of another month.  But at least with this month we get a two-fer celebration.  First, we get to bid farewell to October....

137950-Goodbye-October.jpg

and we get to enjoy the last holiday of the month...

giphy (7).gif

So enjoy the day and watch out for November.

340902-New-Month-Goodbye-October-Hello-November-Quote.jpg

It's right around the corner.

Lyds

Honored Social Butterfly

Good Murnin' Peeps!

aDog.jpg

Froze, please, please keep that snow to yourself!  I haven't even gotten used to fall yet.  And the other day, we went down to 30 degrees and I thought, "I'm gonna hafta move out of Michigan for sure."  But of course, that was just talk.  I ain't goin' nowhere at this late stage of the game.

@catwoman500, you and me are truly havin' a time with those stairs.  I'm trying to limit my trips to the abyss to just one or two days a week only.  Less if at all possible. I really think it's true that our bodies ache more in cold and damp weather.  That's why I've become good friends with my electric blanket.  It helps sooth my painful hip joints.

Congratulations, @DaveMcK  on the birth of your oh so sweet grandbaby.  New life always brings a spark of joy even during a pandemic.

Nothing much new here. Just praying for better days.

Lyds

Honored Social Butterfly

Afternoon all

@LydiaN586309 

That just wouldn’t  be neighborly to keep all the pretty white stuff that comes from the skies, in November.

I’m not on the list for snow today👍, thought so, then my back suggested further South only coastal flakes 4”

Thought I might be in trouble until my back said no!

Time to play, it will be cold only at night and need wood in stove, for quick fire tonight when it’s around 20*. Woodstove is hotter than oil furnace.🤣

Froze

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello, Porch Peeps!

Just wanted to remind you that today is National Cat Day! 😻

Meow!Meow!

"Let's have a Catte latte!"Let's have a Catte latte!

Honored Social Butterfly

Afternoon all cat day eh! Discovered I have a chipmunk in house, traps set, and a couple of pkg’s of just one bite to cellar.

Haven’t a clue how the heck it/they got in. Live traps let’s than play another day. 

On a lighter note, tomorrow is PT - fun. Think I’m starting a fire.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi folks.  Sporadic power outages due to Zeta here.   Stopped at vet for my appointment, door open but only candles and flashlights for lighting.  With everyone wearing masks it was a great Halloween scene.  😁

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, All!

Happy Halloween Eve.

@Frozenoem ...Chipmunks are adorable, but I read that they can squeeze into any opening no matter how small. We don't normally have them around here, but last year I saw one on my deck. Good luck saying sayonara to Chip or Dale!

@LaDolceVita ...I think our rain from Zeta is finally ending. We should be fine for tomorrow's Trick or Treating if it happens. It is so darn cold though!

I'm planning on having a cheat day tomorrow and am looking forward to a Reese's PB cup or 2! 😸

Tale care, everyone!

halloween 1.gif

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP