MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! November - December CLOSED

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORNING ROLL CALL! ! ! November - December

Message 51 of 156

Morning Everybody!

It's overcast, but very light here.  Cold, but warmer than it has been. Temp 31 degrees.  In the past twenty four hours, we've had rain, high winds (had to really hold on to my steering wheel last night), and snow (this morning).  Guess winter weather can't make up it's mind.

Finding myself inside more than outside.  So I've been busying myself with household chores like dusting, cabinet organizing, cleaning out the fridge and the fireplace.  Ad infinitum. By the time Spring rolls around, I won't have anything left to do!  lol

Haven't had my daily dose of liquid energy yet.  So I'm gonna get to it now.

May you all have the same.

Lyds

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 156

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch on this dreary, foggy, cold and rainy Monday! Hope everyone is having a better day weather wise. Busy week here with a retirees Holiday lunch tomorrow.  Wednesday we will be going to a memorial service for a close friend who passed after battling cancer for years.

On the lighter side we will be going to a Holiday performances at a dinner theater Friday. Hoping everyone has a great week!

A_Christmas_Story_The_Musical.jpgmonday_076.jpg79023550_3678273252190820_1039255092038991872_o.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 156

Hi, Porch Peeps,

Yes, it's a dreary day here, but all the way up to 46. Still feels ugly because of the dampness.

Went to the post office today to mail a sale and get Christmas stamps....then the dentist for the temporary crown. Didn't have any coffee this AM and regret it now because my lip and cheek are still numb and I CAN"T TASTE THE COFFEE!!! Cat Mad

Besides the dribble out the right side of my lip, I can't believe it affects the taste. I don't ever remember that effect from other dental procedures with Novocaine. Sheesh! it smells so good and tastes like nothing.

Need to finish up writing my Christmas cards today so I'm off the get that done.

Hope you all have a lovely week.

Monday coffee 2.pngMaybe I'll try more coffee later.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 156

@catwoman500 

Think everyone will have a little rain upon their parades today. 36* and slushy presently rain falling upon my snow.

Expecting 50's tomorrow but, realistically in Maine means 20's the next day and skating rinks everywhere, especially the street.

@n566192l 

If you want copy/paste in structions, or post photo to AARP, let me know and give me a time, I'll call you.

Will be actually in office today👎, more coffee there.

Anyone else pm with phone number and will actually turn on my laptop.

For once no appointments today.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 156

Hello, Peeps!

It started out very chilly at 19 here this AM, but it has now warmed up to 39. Thank you, Sun!

Still expecting rain for Monday and Tuesday, but warming up quite a bit I hear.

Grocery store this morning, listed my Ebay stuff after that, finished all decorations, wrapped up the gifts for this week's activities, had lunch and several mugs of Joe, and now I need to work on my Christmas cards.

@LaDolceVita ...those darn stair lifts turn into life savers. I never had the one here removed after my mom passed, and now I am super glad I didn't. No way could I go up and down those stairs without it. I should have it either overhauled or replaced, and if I do, I may get one for the basement stairs. Doing laundry is such a chore with the stairs.

Hope everyone has a good week!

I run on coffee and christmas cheer.jpg

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 156

@Frozenoem wrote:

Re: The pricey banana it was eaten by a performance artist, no charges pressed.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/banana-art-eat-maurizio-cattelan-sale-price-auc...

Froze

Makes you wonder, huh?  All a part of the 'artistic' concept?   After all, the hungry perp was a performance artist.  Shades of Banksy. 

Seriously, who takes a banana off a wall and eats it because they are hungry?  (That had to be one tasty banana. 😝 🍌)

Why do I hear "Gotcha" in the back of my head?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 156

29* and cloudy on this Sunday.

Re: The pricey banana it was eaten by a performance artist, no charges pressed.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/banana-art-eat-maurizio-cattelan-sale-price-auc...

@LaDolceVita 

You do what you need to do, goes with being the caregiver.

Yeah, I think we've all pretty much been there, or may find ourselves in your situation.

Alternatives are a bugger, and my ex- is dealing with them this am. Her new mother-in-law passed in hospice, stage4 cancer.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 156

@catwoman500, @n566192l   I do not get to see any news so that banana and tree is all new to me!   I am still running myself ragged, taking care of a demanding invalid in a 2 story house is not really doable in the long run.  I use the stair lift now, I did not for a long time because I did not want to give in or give up.  As it is, sometimes she starts calling for me as soon as the stair lift lands on the 1st floor.  That causes me to lose my cool and I try very hard not to show it.  Should be able to find out soon if mom's friend will be able to return or not.  Very close to 100 days in rehab at this point. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 156

@n566192l ...Cat LOL

Saw the banana on the news the other day...what a load of you know what!

How stupid is the person that paid that amount of money??????

Maybe it's just a scam by the artist?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 156

Greetings,

Frozen love the tree you shared. I find that to be better ART, then the banana I saw with duck tape, being sold for 120 K. If someone can help me out with posting a picture I would appreciate it. I think We could all use a Good Laugh. 

Anyway just cold here in New Jersey. I am great full that the large tree on my front lawn is going to be removed.  Shrewsbury TWP is responsible for the tree and making all the arrangements. Just waiting for better weather.  I'm trying to turn the 🌲 into a wooden sculpture. Maybe I should just duck tape a banana on the tree.

Finally got over to the storage unit. I will be sending out Fun survival boxes. So sorry for the dely. I had some personal stuff to take care of first.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your day.

Don't be surprised if you receive a duck taped banana in the box.

Nancy

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo