Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL!! NOVEMBER-DECEMBER 2018 CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL!! NOVEMBER-DECEMBER 2018 CLOSED

Due to timing issues I am making the change to NOVEMBER-DECEMBER early!

341019-Witch-Turkey-Goodbye-October-Welcome-November-Quote.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

PLEASE NOT THIS IS CLOSED! PLEASE US THE MORNING ROLL CALL!! JANUARY-FEBURARY2019

Honored Social Butterfly

Good New Years eve day to everyone on the Front  Porch! Looking for to our visit to our favorite Asian buffet in about an hour! Tonight we will be grazing on snacks and a few drinks. The weather outlook is not good for after 5:00 this evening. Hoping everyone has a healthy and prosperous New Year.

I don't like spellcheck at times. Sould be snack's not snakes.

Happy-New-Year-Best-Wallpaper-2019-Download-3.jpgHappy-New-Year-Best-Wallpaper-2019-Download.jpgFB_IMG_1546276330394.jpgFB_IMG_1492127353238.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK...YIKES! Let us know how the "SNAKES" tasted! LOL Cat LOL

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500
It should be snacks not snakes. Slammed by spellcheck again!
Honored Social Butterfly

21* May warm up to 30* by noon, that’s warm. Dragged in some wood to thaw by stove, expecting rain or all snow event depending upon start time.

ms Chell and I are opting for staying home this evening New Years. Between moose, deer and skiers it’s safer.

Enjoy your festivities 🥳

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Recognized Social Butterfly

Greetings All

New Jersey is having the same weather as Catwoman reported.

I am just staying home tonight, Enjoying the pups. Plus, my neighbors set off fireworks and bang pot and pans at midnight.  We just order food and watch the ball drop. I have had pneumonia also, so better to stay in. 

Frozenoem, I forget you have all kinds of different animals by you. When my yard gets over grown, " I have said it looks like mutual of Omaha's wild kingdom". But you know the true beauty of nature. I only know about the weeds. 

Everyone take care and be safe. 

Anyone, know if Lydia is ok? I haven't seen anything posted from her. I apologize, I am still learning how to use my phone. 

Also, the person who has the dog who helps pick the veggies. She moved, has 4 🐕. I need to write down everyone's name on a piece of paper, I can't go back to find the name, then return to this site. HAPPY NEW YEAR 

Nancy

@n566192l  Hi I am the multiple dog person and one of them does pick cucumbers.  There is one that picks up orange and sweet potatoes I put down for the chickens. My beloved Tessie used to walk along side of me and pick raspberries but we dont have the raspberries anymore.  Weeds  got 'em.  Yeh, Tessie is a favorite with both hubby and me, she is very smart and very good.

I have not moved, just bought a place to move to in the next year or two.  We drive up there to let the dogs roam a bit!  They had a great time the day after Christmas,  a nice sunny day.  Raining ever since.

My mother in law passed 2 days ago, she was 89. The last 3 months or so were bad, she was not able to do much except speak a few words.  My own mother is stable. 

Happy New Year everyone.  The coming year looks very busy, I am still trying to catch my breath from last year.

@PattyDiane  Lots of snack food can be dangerousWoman Wink.

Trusted Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita...I'm so sorry to hear about your mother-in- law. Sending condolences and blessings to her family. N. Heart

Honored Social Butterfly

I'm having a difficult time believing that we are at the end of 2018 and 2019 will begin tomorrow.  I'll admit that I'm rather curious as to what the new year might bring.

For me, personally, 2018 has been rather boring which I realize is a good thing.  I've gotten through the entire year without any major problems.  This does not mean that things couldn't be better, but at least they aren't worse.  

New Year's Day has never been my favorite holiday, probably dating back to school days when I knew it was the day before returning to school.  But in addition to that, the traditional  new year's food has never been my favorites.  There have been years when I've rebelled at the entire thing of eating greens and peas rationalizing that it's better luck to begin the new year with food that I like.  Last year I found a recipe for a soup that contains the greens and beans that I actually like.  I plan to make that today, thinking perhaps it worked after all.

I have no special plans for the evening.  Most nights I'm still up at midnight so I expect to see the new year on TV with my dog in my lap.  I've a supply of both snack foods and real food so I'll have lots of choices with which to both end the old year and begin the new one.

I hope everyone has an healthy and happy New Year.

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone who are still here on the Front Porch this last Sunday of 2018! The sky is clear and sunny with a temp of 19*. What are your plans for New Year's Eve. We have friends coming from Milwaukee who will be joining us for some challenging board games.  I have a bottle of champagne cooling and waiting for Mary to return from an overnight. She is with our youngest daughter and her future stepdaughter. Have a peaceful day.

FB_IMG_1545708190485.jpgFB_IMG_1543180293509.jpgFB_IMG_1544980118886.jpgWere have the years gone 1969 in GermanyWere have the years gone 1969 in Germany

Greetings All,

The weather is not sure what it wants to do in New Jersey. Currently, cold 31%, some drizzle, sun is trying to show it's self. But, no snow or heavy rain or wind.

Dave and Lydia 

I love all the pictures you post. I am still learning how to use my phone. For all the dog owners out there, my daughter just text me that there is recall on CANINE CARRY OUTS. Just wanted to let you know, as several of us have Furbabies.  Ashley will check with recalls on 🐈 treats.  Well, 2018 is coming to a close, thanks for sharing all kinds of great posts with me.         Nancy

Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Afternoon, All!

It's 40 here and kind of sunny. Clouds will be rolling in and will bring us rain for New Year's Eve. Bummer!

We will be having our Game Night Girl's party at one person's house as usual on NYE. We'll have food, fun, and games before we watch the ball drop on TV.

They say New Year's Day will be 60 degrees and last year it was 10! Did someone say, "Global warming?" Cat LOL N.

Honored Social Butterfly

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch! It is cloudy! We are having a cool and cloudy day with a chance of light snow this afternoon. Hoping everyone has a great weekend. We will be meeting two other couples for an early New Years celebration tonight. This did not post earlier for some reason. 

FB_IMG_1545089693000.jpgFB_IMG_1542597878286.jpgFB_IMG_1512863817876.jpg

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

21* and darkness has fallen.

@LaDolceVita

No re-infection from ground, she poops immediate pickup and bagging, then double bagging.

My taxes and her de-worming meds are about the same, she just surpassed my homes tax.

Accidents in house lessening, they are cleaned @170*-200* steamed away. Worms won’t survive temperature, according to vet.

No poop eating allowed, can we say wits end. Nitrile gloves and examination of fecal matter. None are moving, still in poop.

Hope that’s a good sign. Problem with these worms, they cause blindness in humans, reason for nitrile gloves, dbl. bagging and scouring my hands.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!

Frozenoem,

Wow, I had no idea there was so many things to think about when a dog gets worms

I give them the monthly worm prevention  medicine. Thanks goodness you are up on everything. I know it's taking a toll on you, since you are not still 💯, but you ROCK!!! I wish I could  send out something else that would really help. But, other than my support and some 🐕 items, that's all I can offer. Stay strong, PM any time... Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch this Christmas morning 2018. We had a light snow overnight we a projected high temp of 36*. May your day be merry and bright. 

FB_IMG_1545750990907.jpgFB_IMG_1545750960090.jpgFB_IMG_1545750892352.jpgFB_IMG_1545750627797.jpgFB_IMG_1545323101042.jpgFB_IMG_1545698979965.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch this Christmas eve morning. It's sunny this morning with a morning temp of 19*. I had an issue posting pictures until I found that if you make a short comment related to the photo first they post. 

FB_IMG_1545322795106.jpgFB_IMG_1545323257238.jpgFB_IMG_1545323757146.jpg 

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500

Dowload google chrome browser or upgrade to Edge.

Internet Explorer needs a patch, too many operating systems preceded Windows 10. Like 7,8, and Xp and Vista.🤣

There is a 0-day patch for a problem on INternet Explorer, susceptible to hacking.

Beyond that you may need to update computer and java if still used on your machine.

Beyond that have to keep porch keeper happy, and will try tomorrow with more.

Tried pm didn’t happen for you.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Merry Christmas Eve Day, Everyone,

Hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow. N.

@Frozenoem, Thanks for your trouble. I have no clue how to do any of that stuff, so I will remain photo-less on here! Cat LOL

Not sure why PM didn't work...it usually does.

Frozenoem,

I am sending you out supplies for your pup tomorrow. These will be winter items. The only cooling vests I have on this floor are large ones. I am thinking the others are in my attic. I had to place items up there do to the water leak I had. I do have xxl 🐕 coats, from Good 2Go,and a coat from Track & Tail, xxl. I will be sending out. I am still looking for the heated dog bed. I am hoping that isn't in the attic. See, the pull down stairs leading up to the attic need to be fixed. I apologize for the delay in sending out the pet supplies. Nancy

Frozenoem,

I have Merrick, Back Country, freeze- dried - raw, salmon recipe here best by 6/18/19. If you want also. I have 🐕 treats as well. However, no yak antlers. Please stay warm and safe. Everyone on the Porch please stay warm and safe. I have to go find more stuff to fill a box.

Honored Social Butterfly

31* and sunny in Maine, still plenty of snow on ground.

@n566192l

Sure thanx, Chelli is a mega fan of Salmon.

Her bed for the moment is a King size posturepedic, and me 🤣. Or the couch she may be slightly spoiled.

Whatever, whenever will be much appreciated my shopping has been somewhat off this year.

And now I have a few rugs to clean again. Someone was ill last night another round of de-worming.

Wish all a great Christmas, with a picture from Boothbay Gardens.

356752A7-EB31-4601-85CE-2385897EFCC7.jpeg

Froze

Kudos
Views

Frozenoem,

Sorry to hear Ms.Chelli is still sick. Boy, your are such a great care giver to your fur baby.  Thankfully, I have never had to deal with  any thing like this with any of my dogs or the dogs in my care.

Just over cast and cold, here in New Jersey.

I do have a family of 5 white deer in my back yard. I have never seen a white deer before, let alone 5 of them. Strange that they are out during the day. 

Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

@n566192l

Albino deer are rare, must have similar back yard to me. Pack of 3 keep denning in my yard (white tails not albino) only saw 2 last week come down driveway.

And a flock of wild Turkey, course it’s either dirty windows😇, glare of lights, or cell charging when they walk or slide by.

Sliding by would have been 2 of the turkeys sliding on the ice, out of 8.

@catwoman500

If you type Windows Key + X (same time), then click on System in the left panel that appears. We should be able to see what OS (operating system) you have for a computer. It will be listed in the right side panel a ways down.

Windows edition, version, OS build, installed on. What you see may be different, I have Win 10.🤣

Froze

Merry Christmas and hopes for a healty happy New Year for my buddies here on the Front Proch.   I am not feeling too merry.

My  husband's mother is very close to dying and every time the phone rings I get nervous. She had 3 strokes this year and the last one was debilitating.  He said goodbye to her after spending 3 weeks at the hospital and nursing home after the last one.  He will have to travel for the funeral and I will have to battle through the days on my own.  Frankly I get depressed.  I used to not mind him traveling but I need emotional support these days.

@Frozenoem  She just cannot get rid of those worms!    I have a giant bottle of Strongid I keep around for whenever I see a wiggly creature.   In the past I would only see them in puppies.  None of the dogs get sick from the worms though.   She must be getting continually reinfected from the ground?  

Hoping to visit the homestead tomorrow with 4 dogs in tow.  The weather looks pretty good but I am afraid traffic will be horrible.

LaDolceVita,

I apologize I forget your name. I just wanted to reach out and see

If you arrived safely with your 4 pups. Also, just a friendly little note to see how your mother in law was? I am praying for you and your family. I love how smart all your dogs are. Our pet can be such a comfort to us each and every day. All the best for The New Year. 

Nancy

LaDolceVita,

Sorry to hear about your mother in law. Boy, it's been a very long and busy year for your family. 4 fur babies that ride in the car!  Wow! Only my pitbull likes the car,  2 small ones what no part of the car. 

I get dressed as 🎅 today, the pups get dressed too. Franny, as Mrs Claus, she a Crestapo. Izzador, my small poodle, as Santa. Monte, the Pitbull, as an Elf. We give out treats to the neighbors.

Then I have to go to see my daughter, Ashley, at Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ. She's a vegan so dinner should be fun. Hope everyone is doing well and and is safe and healthy.

Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch!

FB_IMG_1545176591997.jpgFB_IMG_1545176576880.jpgFB_IMG_1545579204252.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita

23* and sunny in NW Maine, lost a whole 2” of snowpack, and 4” off waistline.

Might be from sanding sidewalk and driveway, and oilfill.

Wish you the best with your mother and her care, mine had last stroke @ 90 and remained until 92-3?

Her room was very dry, humidifying (sp) seemed to help.

Need wood it’s gonna be brisk temp’s expected to plummet to negatives.

@catwoman500

Is your trouble viewing photos or posting, keep question ez and I’ll try to assist. Windows 10, or iphone, Android should all be same.

In reply/post, click picture of camera, navigate to photo on your hard drive or memory on phone, click picture, add name(optional) and click done by scrolling up, then click done.

Camden, MECamden, ME

Only issue, might be direction or orientation of picture may change if posted from smartphone(like this one).

Froze

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP