Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL! MAY - JUNE CLOSED

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL! MAY - JUNE CLOSED

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch! Welcome to May 2019. We had an overnight shower to ring in the morning on the Front Porch! Welcome to May 2019. Going to be a busy day tomorrow if we do not have more rain. Remember that March - April is CLOSED now.

httpsi.pinimg.comoriginals2945d62945d60f334132db56d883665bcdd306.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hey Everyone,

Yesterday was a mess. Helicopters hovering over the neighborhoods, roads closed due to flooding, my backyard looking like a swamp, sump pump working overtime, and still water crept in under my washer and dryer in the basement.

Today is different...still cloudy and we had a teeny shower this morning. Seems like a fall day with a sturdy wind and temp of only 72. Things should improve for this weekend and then more rain is forecast. Cat Tongue

Basement floor looked OK earlier so I think it's safe to do a load of wash. I'll probably have to empty the dehumidifier. Puddles have dried up and there is no visible soggy spots in the yard.

I was so glad not to be packing the ark this AM I went to Starbucks for an iced mocha.

Have a great weekend! N.

Grande skinny mocha...mmm!Grande skinny mocha...mmm!

Honored Social Butterfly

66* and cloudy. Ever have one of those mornings, late to rise and need to be somewhere in 30 minutes.

Made the appointment but, discovered a flaw in someone’s security network without coffee.

Still waiting for my first cup of caffeine and the PoPo. Lot to be said for idle sniffing on iPhone.

Think I’m making $$ off Hospital this day, for a first.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Recognized Social Butterfly

Not doing too well here.  Mom's companion/caregiver confined to hospital and I have been alone with her for 2 days and 3 nights.  Hospice visits continue for now but I am overwhelmed, feel like a rag.  I have asked for respite care, perhaps next week.  Would like to be a hero and do without, but I do not want to take chances.  If I get respite care I will spend 1 entire day in bed, except for dog care chores and food prep.

@Frozenoem   Any way to check if moose meat could have been affected 3 years ago?

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning or afternoon to All Front Porchers,

Hope your weather is primo today.  But if not, I hope it will be better tomorrow.  Hang in there!

Image result for dawn images

@LaDolceVita , my prayers and best wishes go out to you this day.  For just last year I found myself in the same situation as you find yourself now.  So I know how stressful and gut wrenching it can be being the sole or primary caregiver for a loved one in transition (from this life to death and beyond).  Personally, I waited too long before getting hospice involved.  But once in place, they proved to be a Godsend.  So I hope your team is able to get you the assistance and support you need now.  The weekend I had arranged for respite was mute because my loved one passed away the day before the respite was to begin.  However, I am eternally grateful that I was able to be there with her at her passing even if alone.  In essence, while caregiving, just remember to take care of you as best you can.

To one and all,  Image result for sunday blessings

Lydia

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita 

Sure sample and testing of waste products, Hope that’s pc.

I’m probably grasping at straws for now.

@DaveMcK 

I really hear you on one of the graphiics🤣 there’s still a young in wondering what happened.

72* and windy , time to buy C some food, then mow again before rain begins.😎

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!

Greetings,

Frozenoem, love the pictures of the 🦌. Just Great 😊.

I can't believe you go from snow to black flies, just like that.

Just raining here in New Jersey and I am sure my grass will be a foot high. Still in the hospital, but love all your posts and pictures.

Great Quotes also on this forum.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their day.. Nancy

Honored Social Butterfly

@catwoman500 

@n566192l 

Wish it were a mere foot high the grass in Chelli’s kennel, afraid it’s a tad higher.

Starting to turn to 3’ and more, will have tracks until July of daily mows. Presently pouring and wrapped up in my own medical issues, forgot your surgery was coming.

It’s a tad high in Chelli’s yardIt’s a tad high in Chelli’s yard

If it weren’t for ticks, I swear I’d let it all go to violets and blue bells, lupine,etc.

Get well soon.

Froze

I forget to ask if anyone has seen or even heard of the New zombie snake. I keep seeing this on the news. Thanks 😊

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@n566192l wrote:

I forget to ask if anyone has seen or even heard of the New zombie snake. I keep seeing this on the news. Thanks 😊

Haven't heard of the zombie snake yet, just the zombie deer.

Hope your home from the hospital soon, Nancy.

Still LMAO at deer in the Rangeley, Froze.  rotfl3.gif

Trusted Social Butterfly

@n566192l ...Nope, no zombie snake even mentioned on our news at all.

Apparently it's indigenous to NC and hasn't moved north yet.

Just got one of those darn scary alarm tones on my phone for flash flooding. Now I hear thunder.

Need to ready the ark! Cat Tongue N.

Honored Social Butterfly

Dear @catwoman500,

If you're building an ark, please don't forget me!!! (grinning with all four teeth showing now)

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch 

Maine just issued it’s first warning on Zombie or Chronic Wasting Disease. Wonder if it’s related to Brainworm? in Moose, where they stagger, run in circles and appear in a stupor.

https://www.mainepublic.org/post/maine-announces-emergency-measures-after-fatal-deer-disease-discove...

Doing some research at the moment. Just had a Foxtrot moment, about moose meat 3 years ago.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

@n566192l 

As of now no zombie’s or hogbacks , or any types of venomous snakes in Maine.

Seems to be too cold for their survival👍. Although we have escaped illegal pet boa’s  so, who’s to say.

Not allowed to be kept as pets by state.

Found a zombie for your viewing pleasure?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pXQ8NqpQoP0

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi there, Everyone,

Haven't been here for a day or so...been building my ark! (JK) Geeze! The rain has been bad here the last 2 days. Woke me around 4 AM and then of course the sump pump in the basement (right under my bedroom) kept doing its job every 5 seconds! I was afraid it was going to wear out. A little after 5AM the rain subsided as the storm moved elsewhere. Didn't get back to sleep for a long time though.

Without the pool to catch all the rain, I had water retention in places that never "puddled" before.

@Frozenoem ...love the canoe and its occupants. Many people could have used that canoe in certain areas around here last night. Lots of water evacuations...especially in NJ. How about you, @n566192l ...did you make out OK?

Today is the last day for this annoying weather (so they say). We should have a nice weekend with low humidity! YAY!

Hope you all are having nicer weather! N.

drip drip dripdrip drip drip

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for good morning with coffeeGood morning, Front Porchers!

I don't want to jinx myself by talking about the weather here.  But suffice-it-to-say, it's been dry for all of two days now and if I have any luck at all, it will hold long enough so I can at least mow my front and back yards.  And if my energy holds up, maybe I can tame by bushes with my brand new Hedge Hog (well that's what I call it) hedge trimmer.  I splurged and bought a heavy-duty trimmer because I have so many bushes and a couple of big pines that need some serious trimming.  So I'll have enough to keep me busy for a couple of days....if the weather stays in my favor that is.

A little prayer for all Our Front Porchers:

Hope everybody is doing okay and life isn't too demanding. But if you have to face some challenge today, may your abilities and energy be greater than the thing you have to face.  Amen.

Image result for inspirational best wishes for everyone

Honored Social Butterfly

Amen.

Think my bush hog and chainsaws will remain parked today.

If you can’t finish the yards , just take a break. As long as your mower deck can be raised or mower , it’s all good.

Three days later mines almost mowed. Just need to remember to lower those notches when done.

76* sunny and black fly stage.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this 15th Day of June, 2019!

Happy Father's Day to all of the Fathers out there.

FB_IMG_1517687642676.jpg

fathers-day-2019_3.jpgMy Family 2018My Family 2018FB_IMG_1560612872740.jpg

me & tractor

It was a beautiful 72 degree day at the homestead last week.   Since then we have entered warm & miserable, hovering below 90 for the next 10 days or so but muggy.   Two  and a half months to go before relief. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Afternoon, Everyone

Cloudy here with high humidity making it feel very sticky at only 79 degrees. Storms due in later...probably when I'm either on my way or on my way home from dinner. Cat Sad

Trying not to use the AC...so far so good. A stormy week ahead in the forecast so not looking forward to that.

Hope everyone is safe and happy.

Porch PurrPorch Purr

Honored Social Butterfly

73* sunshine and a breeze, the humidity everyone else is getting, hasn’t arrived.

The joy of mountains, not yet!

Need to mow after caffeine hit, grass is almost at haying stage.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

jb_modern_birth_1_e.jpgiowa-veterans-cemetery-flags.jpgFB_IMG_1552661984049.jpg

There are three weeks until the Fourth of July, but if you can't wait til then to celebrate the Stars and Stripes, we have another patriotic holiday for you.

Today is Flag Day, an annual celebration held on June 14 of America's flag.
The holiday commemorates the adoption of the national flag in 1777 by the Continental Congress. In 1916, President Woodrow Wilson proclaimed June 14 as Flag Day, and in 1949, Congress passed legislation establishing it as day of observance. The day inspires parades, essay contests and other community events across the country to show support for America and its service members.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

Uncle Sam CatUncle Sam CatAhhh, I loves me some flag comfort.Ahhh, I loves me some flag comfort.

Hey, Everyone! Happy Flag Day!

Shhhh...don't tell Mother Nature, but it's June 14th in suburban Philly and it's 66 degrees with a strong wind. I know we'll be paid back probably as soon as next week, but this is heavenly. Last night after a little rain, I slept with windows open and the sheet, blanket, and comforter on!

Ran some errands this morning and now need to get busy around here.

Have a lovely weekend!

@catwoman500   I needed a vest and turtle neck to go to the grocery store this AM!  I bet Froze is freezing in his north woods corner.

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita 

Not freezing it’s comfortable for the moment, 66* and preparing for rain.

If it makes you happier last night it was in the 40’s and I started a fire. Some shred paperwork I tend towards burning it as kindling.

Warmed up the house nicely.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

65* with full sunshine on this Saturday am, one week out from summer in theory.😎 I’m really hoping.

Time to attempt a hike upcountry, will work or not. 1/2 mile or 5 miles you have to try.

Hope all enjoy their weekend.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, Porch Peeps!

Another lovely day here although I can feel the heat rising. It's sunny and 77 here right now. I started my day off with coffee on the front porch in my PJ's. Luckily the lawn guys were here earlier this morning. They are 2 days behind becuase of the rain we have had.

After the coffee got my motor started, I got human and pulled the chairs and table for the far backyard patio slab from the shed, hosed them down, and carted them off to set them up.

Threw in a couple of small loads of wash, and dusted the front porch. By then it was time for more coffee on the porch.

Have an enjoyable day! N.

Coffee on my porchCoffee on my porch

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this 14th day of June! Hoping everyone will have a great weekend. We are going on a Father's Day cruise and brunch Sunday for Father's Day Day on Lake Mendota here in Madison. 

home-mainpic.jpg

1700.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for animated good morning gif

Good morning, Front Porchers!

Image result for it's friday!The weekend is H-E-R-E!!!  Not much to report.  Hope y'all is doing okay and just wanted to wish everybody a Happy....

Image result for happy flag day

Image result for enjoy your weekend

Enjoy,

Lydia

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for animated good morning gif

Good murnin', Front Porchers!

It's rise and shine time!  But not for me.  I say this 'cause I'm just about finished with my 12 hour shift at work now.  And I'll soon be whizzing my way home, quickly slip under the covers, and do my best to catch-up on some much needed shut-eye.  So while I'm sleepin' and snorin', the world will be spinnin' and that'll be right and fine with me!

Weather looks good today. Expected high of about 76 degrees.  But starting tomorrow and the remainder of the week, looks like rain and a lot of it.  Better rain than snow, I always say.  Anyway, those deep trenches in my backyard that I filled in with dirt and seeded with grass seed a few weeks back, could more than use the rain as the seeds have sprouted and some sparse grass is now peeking through.  Yippee!

Hope everybody is doing okay and is for the most part  happy, healthy,  and content.  By the way, today is National Loving Day.  By the title, of course it has to do with love.  But it involves just a little bit more than that.  For more information about this special day, check out the "What Is Special About Today?" forum.

Image result for enjoy the day

Image result for enjoy the day

@catwoman500  I worked at Dunkin Donuts as a teenager and of course I stuffed myself.  Could not look at a donut for a long time.  Will never inspire cravings again!

@Frozenoem  Hope your tests are conclusive for a best case scenario.  I guess at this point you would be glad to know just what is going on.  About the property title search.  The land really is in limbo.  Owner deceased, the last person who paid property tax also deceased.  No one has paid tax and county will auction this summer.  I understand there may be other liens against property also.  It sounds messy enough that I think must go to attorney.  But I want to be forearmed with some knowledge before I go.  Hoping to learn something by following a paper trail at the tax office.  Have noticed that they are forth coming with info when talking to them on the phone. 

Mom will probably graduate from hospice in a couple of months.  This will probably add to my stress as hospice is very good.  @LydiaN586309  Hard to smile in my situation sometimes.  I do OK in the AM but get quite stressed during the day!  Oh and I must change my name to LaDolce Vita Not! 

OK there is some good news.  My feet seem to be back to normal and due to this I am not so tired. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP