Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

MORNING ROLL CALL! JULY - SEPTEMBER 2020 "CLOSED"

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL! JULY - SEPTEMBER 2020 "CLOSED"

I have decided to move to September from here as our posts were down due to Summer. Hoping you are all well!

Goodbye-August-Hello-September-Sky-Saying-Quotes.jpg

Good Morning to the Front Porch and Welcome to JULY 2020 Goodbye JUNE 2020.

Hoping everyone has a great First Day OF JULY 2020.

106478-Goodbye-June-Hello-July2.jpg103369759_1335386866664823_4957395165083896669_n.jpg95257442_1302431963293647_8119179861093777408_n.jpg103816608_181942330015642_4409286387243731605_n.jpg103421-Goodbye-June-Hello-July.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Kudos
Views
Replies
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this Thursday morning in 2020. We are expecting temps in the lower 80's with no chance of rain for a while.

Hope you all have a restful day! Stay safe, stay well!

117121963_1716992555134066_5440363211990620461_n (1).jpg117756443_10213498842145979_3004389479165956076_n.jpg69384007_2785984111416225_1937053842751356928_n.jpg11329873_10153497417621929_6915405150400324562_n.jpgtenor (8).gif

Honored Social Butterfly

67* and sunny, heat wave returns on weekend for a couple of days😎.

Put on an actual shirt for my stagger last night, it was 47* but, comfy.

Watched the DNC last night, I miss a POTUS capable of coherent thoughts.

@MsStretch 

3-shirt guy Steve Bannon was arrested for fraud , with triple amputee “Build the Wall” guy.

One more trip down same 💩, different day.

@wvgirlforever 

Hope you enjoy your trip, you may like to keep tabs on local situation through CDC for that state. I still do. We just had an outbreak at wedding reception up state, it isn’t over stay on your toes.

@catwoman500 

After this year never turn down a dessert , consider every meal my last. My last fine dining experience was January mid-blizzard. And then came Covid😷.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Trusted Contributor

Good Morning Everyone,

Another hot and steamy day in Illinois.  It seems to always get hotter on the weekends!   Nothing too exciting but the numbers for the virus seem to be doing ok in my particular county.  I know we're doing everything possible to do what needs to be done or what we've been asked to do to keep things in check.  I was going to West Virginia for a visit but have delayed those plans to see what it might be in a couple of weeks.  My son did rent a house for his family & me to have a long weekend in New Buffalo, MI.  I'm so looking forward to being with them and having a change of scenery.

I hope all of you will have a fantastic week ahead.  My little buddy, Rodney, that I had for 16 hears many years ago.  Not spoiled a bit :-)My little buddy, Rodney, that I had for 16 hears many years ago. Not spoiled a bit 🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

60* and sunny with rain later, I’ll take it.

@wvgirlforever 

You weren’t spoiling your fur kids. Spoiling is buying a larger bed for their sleeping and your comfort levels.

Guilty -  Rottweiler and DutchShepherd took from Queen to Kingsize so, we all could fit comfortably.

Beneath the covers only with my Shepherd/Rott mix, she insisted on climbing ladder of C RV to Cabover and the bottom of My sleeping bag. She hated the jackknife sofa as much as Me.🤣

@LaDolceVita 

Differing ideas of Camelot, I guess. Yes, I understand what your saying and prefer cooler temp’s.

Soon enough for autumn and then Winter and snow.

Guess It’s time to start shopping for metal roofing again. Delivery hiccups, company I ordered from has been hacked, CnC machines and book keeping down.🤬👎🏻 Annoying need closer again vs 3-5 weeks out.

Called just in Time for Winter.🤣

Assume Nancy @n566192l is busy courtesy of Coronavirus in Jersey attempted to reach her, on Saturday. Went directly to voicemail.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

Happy Monday, Peeps!

I enjoyed sleeping last night with the windows open and me under the sheet, summer blanket, AND the comforter! 😻 Wahoo!

@LaDolceVita ..Usually by this time in August the nights are cooler than they have been this summer. I remember August being iffy for the pool because the water got so chilly after even a couple of cooler nights. 

@LydiaN586309 ...Golden Girls! I watch that show so much, I can recite the dialogs! Same with Friends! They are just like "comfort food TV" for me!

@Frozenoem ...Time for the longjohns yet? 😺

Right now I'm enjoying my coffee. I just vacuumed the porch and am taking a break.

Sure wish the beach was a possibility...

Ah, the good old days when I could wear flipflops and walk on sand!Ah, the good old days when I could wear flipflops and walk on sand!

Honored Social Butterfly

Tuesday afternoon comfy at least until weekend when another heatwave hits.👎🏻

70* presently with a breeze, and quick rain showers.

@catwoman500 

Never liked long johns, comfy to 10* in jeans. Then the Austrian wool pants are good until -50 or -60*. I may have lived here a little too long.🤣

Froze

Recognized Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem   Was just thinking about Nancy and wanted to ask about her.   On the Camelot thing,  my main requirements are lots of trees, hills/mountains and short winters &summers.    Rain is OK.  

All is well here, weather a bit cooler and wetter.   The garden is putting out pretty well now.  Ready for September 1st! 

Honored Social Butterfly

75* and sunny.

@LaDolceVita 

With your idea of Camelot add 5-10 years and climate change and we’re all uniformly in that area.

Neighbor here is selling for a mere 850K his cottage 6-bedrooms, mansion 19 bedrooms, barn and workshops for a knockdown sale of 850K with river frontage, private pond and an elevator just in case.

Winters are getting shorter Kinda but, you wouldn’t need to worry about flooding. With granite walls and 100 foot elevation change.

Will be calling Nancy later this pm, busy trying to get roofing delivered, before snow flies.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Good Morning, Everyone,

It was 67 when I woke up today! And, it's gorgeous with sun! It will be in the 80's later, but this is like Heaven!

Keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow...a couple of friends and I will attempt to go out for lunch. The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor seating, so which we'll choose depends on what the weather is like. We probably have to make a reservation, too. 

I'm comfortable venturing out to do the shopping and to go to appointments, but this is a bit different...sitting in one spot for a while and being unmasked when eating/drinking.

The last time I was out for a meal was March 12th. 

I just feel like I need to do this rather than continue to hide in the house. I really miss my PEEPS!

I'll let you all know what happens.

last time in a restaurant.png

How the heck do you drink from this cup?How the heck do you drink from this cup?

Woke up to breathe cooler air for the second day in a row.  @wvgirlforever   The picture of Rodney could not be cuter.  @Frozenoem   Those temps you are enjoying are what dreams are made of.  I complain so much about summer that you might wonder why I continue to live here.   There are about 4 months of absolute Camelot in the spring and fall.  The woods always look like Camelot to me. 

Social Butterfly

Weekend-Wishes.jpg

Have A Wonderful weekend Front Porch Peeps 🙂😁

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello, Porch Peeps!

I'm so thankful that the heat is hiding right now. Last night the windows could be opened, this morning I could have my coffee on the front porch, and it's still nice enough to keep the AC off for now. It was 70 when I woke up and right now it's only 81 with a nice breeze. Rain comes tomorrow though.

@LydiaN586309 ...That was one creepy guy asking us if we wanted coffee. LOL 😳

Loved the jumping dogs video. When I was a kid, my dog would do that a lot. But my cat would actually jump into the air to catch his Garfield stuffed animal when I threw it to him. 😸

Laundry is done and my stuff is ready to list on Ebay tomorrow, so I'm going to take it easy for a little while.

Hoping all of you can take it easy today, too.

Time for more coffee.

Dream of genie coffee pour.gif

I hope the worst part of the summer is over.   The high to mid 80s for the next 10 days, BUT the night temps stay below 70 and that can make all the difference.   I hope to regain some measure of contentment soon.    I have been  downright angry at the heat & misery of the last 6-7 weeks.  I used to tolerate heat pretty well but my tolerance seems lower with each summer.  15 days to go 😓

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Good Morning, Peepers!

It's Sunday and my third day off.  I slept off and on all day Friday.  I lounged around the house yesterday until early evening when I finally felt motivated to go out and take care of a few things--Home Depot (one of my favorite places), Dollar General, and the post office (to make sure bills due a week and a half from now will hopefully get where they need to go by then). I ate good and couch potato-ed the remainder of the night.

@LaDolceVita , I know this summer's heat has been a bit much for all of us all around the country.  Sorry it's been so hard on you.  But, yes, we can be thankful that fall is soon to be upon us in full.  And the temps will reduce and the days will mellow.  I see you count the days to the end of summer like I count the days to the beginning of Spring.  So two weeks and a day is not that long to wait and fall will be here before you know it!

@catwoman500 , I agree the "coffee guy" was a little creepy, but I found him, his question, and that little song funny.  I watched it over and over and laffed out loud at the end each time.  What can I say, it's my quirky sense of humor.  Smile. And I loved Jeannie's magic coffee-pouring trick.

Anyway, this morning I'm feeling in an upbeat mood even though I'm still dragging.  I've been binge-watching The Golden Girls which seems most apropos. LOL  So even though it stormed all night last night and it's droopily overcast outside right now, this video says it all for me right now:

I just loved this cartoon movie (Sing) when it came out four years ago.  Then I used to get up and do a little dance to this song.  Now, the best I can do is bounce a little on this couch.  But it's all good!  Smile.

3024730nw0b5kyog7.gif

To Everyone!

Lydia

Honored Social Butterfly

Hi , it’s lows in the 50-60* overnight, and highs in the 70*s.

Happy temps in New England, at least for me.

No oppressive temps👍 Or heat indexes or dew points. Just the right temperature for work to begin. Guess I’ll mask up and hay the door yahd, weeds have sprouted.

Coughing during a pandemic, draws nasty looks, sneezing around the same.

Time to play, enjoy🤣

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

117778022_2957201717741256_4403608595623186685_n.jpg116882806_10221282830153879_583280075802478542_n.jpgFB_IMG_1550937259964.jpg

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this Friday morning on this Friday, 2020.

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this Wednesday in August, 2020. Hoping everyone is staying safe and stay well!

FB_IMG_1551995550273.jpg70002281_2509242822503443_4631434540047400960_n.jpgFB_IMG_1550844866043.jpg

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Thursday afternoon and another 100* in the shade day, AC is cranking, for once set at economy 75*.

Do that so, I won’t melt when I walk later. The good news for me at least is Autumn temp’s coming for next week.🙏😎

Hot and humid just not working for me, 15 pounds of mail at post office (2 mile walk) but, got my air pods.🤣

Paired immediately 👍and found perfect size silicone to keep the blasted things from falling out.

Ear canals perspire hence the NEW pair. 

On that note, need to call metal dealer in TN to have my new roof materials shipped to Maine. 
Joyous I was griping about needing to order from VT. (SMH).🤣

Enjoy all

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Knock!  Knock!!  Knock!!!

Good morning Porch Peeps!

Woo Hoo!  It has been an absolutely long, l-o-n-g week at work.  But I'm off for the next few days and I am happy about it!  Not that I'm doing anything special or going anywhere.  But it's nice to know I have the time to just sit and relax at home.  I can eat 'til my belly rolls over the top of my pants and I can

dog-jumping-tv.gif

catch up on all my fav TV shows that I've been missing.  Yeah, that's me.

A couple of friends already called this morning and upon finding out I had 4 big days off in a row, wanted to make plans to get together.  Nice thought.  But I just wanna have some rest and relaxation time all to myself--at least for the first couple of days.

As for right now, it's time for me to forage in the kitchen--make myself a big bowl of oatmeal with craisins and walnuts and butter and sugar and milk, a half of a buttery toasted cinnamon and raisin bagel,  teeny, tiny glass of orange juice, and of course I'll have my coffee with ample cream and Truvia.

I know y'all's mouths are watering by now.  So I got a question for you.....

And in the words of Emeril Lagasse.......

giphy (1).gif

"Bam!"   Y'all betta git somma this!  Smile.

It's the weekend folks.  Stay safe and enjoy the heck out of it!

Lydia

Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning to everyone on the Front Porch on this Sunday in August, 2020. We watched CBS Sunday Morning which  was a great show as always! I would like to thank all  of the people posting here.  We have some new members on the Front Porch. Looking at the number of viewers we are reaching out to many people with positive  and enjoyable posts. 

Thank You all for making the Front Porch such a positive stop!1080x360.jpegdownload_(10)(1).jpeg117121963_1716992555134066_5440363211990620461_n.jpg

@catwoman500   Your last coffee picture is funny.  Hot and miserable here, 21days to go.    I wish I could say something interesting or upbeat  but I am uncomfortable and wishing for Camelot. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita 

Camelot begins at the voting booth, unless you speak of other than JFK Camelot.

Sitting on AC today, HHH with heavy thunderstorms coming. Bad day for being upright.Might be time for expresso.

8F0DFA17-0861-4C2C-8FA7-66B4E602DEB7.jpeg

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, All,

91 feeling like 97…(that’s the temp, not my age, although I do feel like the age at times. LOL)  it’s sunny and breezy, but it’s humid, so it’s back to the dog days.  Arf!

Got my exercise for the day chasing and finally killing a spotted lantern fly. Geeze they are hard to get.

Then I had to walk to the far corner of the backyard to get a beach ball that had flown over the fence a few days ago. Not sure why the kids didn’t come for it like usual. Anyway, walking on uneven ground was tricky…I’m not supposed to do that, but I made it.

@LaDolceVita …21 days until my teeth cleaning and exam, finally.

@Frozenoem ...cute bank sign.

Time for another cuppa joe!

Have a great week.

Oh, yeah!Oh, yeah!

Honored Social Butterfly

Hot and humid in VA, too, but as I speak type, my new AC is being installed. Woo hoo!

Had my cups of coffee earlier, now it's on to the iced version.  Any leftover coffee in the morning goes into a pitcher I keep in 'frig.  Ready at a moment's notice for a refreshing rehydrating caffeinated break at any time. 🥤 

Honored Social Butterfly

83* and HHH, oppressive dew point . Worked until 4am and retired at lovely 78*.

I’m beginning to miss Winter, snow and arctic temp’s only 6 more months to blank below temp’s.🤣

Have my 2 cords firewood drying in yard, and last years cord raring to go. I’m not quite ready to haul in. Autumn yes.

Need to check roofing order, expresso required. Will have another steel roof on garage.

Plus point - will never need to shovel 4-5 feet of snow off roof ever again, should shed quickly like main house.

@MsStretch 

Unless outside, I’m living on expresso for the moment. Used to gag co-workers in Phoenix drinking hot coffee when 110*🤣. About the same while at Pentagon City.

@catwoman500 

Re: flies, spiders and fast moving insects. Pick up a salt gun at a yard sale. Looks like water pistol but shoots salt using air. Vaporizes then from across the room🤣.

Results May vary depending upon eyesight and hand/eye coordination.PD taught me to use either hand, thankfully.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hi, Porch Peeps!

So hot here. Went to bring the trash cans around to load up and thought it was way hotter. Only 88, but…the feels like is 99. Ugh! Rain’s a’comin’ this afternoon. 😺

I was enjoying watching the goldfinches eating the seeds of my coneflowers. I wish I could take a photo, but when I open the door, they fly away.

Ooops…just heard thunder. Still sunny!

Not much new around here.

Went to Starbucks yesterday. Highlight of the week so far! 

You all take care.

It's time!It's time!

Social Butterfly

@MsStretch thank you 😁 don't have plans on going out today it's 10 am and in the 90's 

Social Butterfly

Greetings and good morning from Hot sunny 🌞 Tucson, Az 😁. Hope everyone has a wonderful blessed Sunday enjoying a cool refreshment On The Front Porch 🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

Sunday awoke to cousin in VA calling to tell me he was fine - huh?

Seems VA , North & South Carolina, TN had a 2.6 to 5.1 earthquake, this morning around 8 am. 

Slight damage to his brickwork, and he lost a few bottles to gravity and slate floors.

Here it’s 83* and time to mow, think 5.1 is low on Richter scale?

But, figured I should ask how Y’all are doing. 

It’s these times I remember we have a quake line running through Maine, and our 5.0’s have slept through.

Was going to suggest RadioShack dot com, if people want masks 50 for $20, and hand sanitizers if you can’t find locally. Yes, they do still exist RadioShack, even have one local store.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem , oh yeah, forgot about the earthquake.  Happened SW of me.  News reports say no damage done.  I didn't feel a thing. 😁

Chill out, @OscarE1968 , as best you can down there in sunny, balmy Tucson. 🥵🚿

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP